Monday, June 21, 2021

T Stands For ATC

 

Last week I asked everyone to let me know if they wanted to exchange ATCs for our 8th anniversary.  I got two "no thank yous" and two yeses.  I am going to ask all but the four who provided answers last week to give me a definitive answer this week.   How hard is it to write the words "YES, please" or "NO thanks?"

I have created six ATCs to share this year.  Last year, I made 30, but before many even received their ATCs, the cat was out of the cup (so to speak).  That isn't going to happen this year.  Everyone who links today (or tomorrow as the case may be) will be eligible to win one of these ATCs.  Tomorrow I will draw three (3) names and, if your name is chosen, you will receive one of these ATCs.  If your name wasn't chosen, you will still be eligible for one next week, when I draw three more names.  If you link both weeks, you double your chances of winning, unless your name has already been drawn.  All the ATCs are the same or very similar, so what you see is what you get.  I will NOT be joining the P.I.F. swap because I will be sending these six instead.

Iris left a comment that she understood the size, but didn't know where to go from there.  I'll show you what I do and my formula for making ATCs.  I'm sure everyone has their own way or formula, but here is mine.  Feel free in your comment to share how YOU create yours.

I begin by creating the backs that I cut to size.  My toner is almost gone in my laser printer, but I am trying to use the last of it before I change to a new cartridge.  All my relevant information is on this back that I created in WordPerfect.  Some people have stamps they use, but I'm not much of a stamper, so this is what I use.  The information can be written by hand, if you don't have a stamp, or you can create them using your favorite word processing software as I have.

I begin the front with a background.

In this case, it's a napkin I affixed to the background using a glue stick.  Other options are book pages, scrapbook paper, hand painted paper, deli paper, etc.  The idea is to completely cover the background.  You can also use two or three different papers.  The choice is yours, as long as you completely cover the background.
 
You may want to create the ATC on a separate piece of paper or cardstock, as I did last year.    If you are planning to sew on your background, you will probably choose that option.  This year, I affixed the napkin directly to the back of the ATC.  If you have complimentary ink or felt tipped markers, you could outline the edges of the background.  I may go back and do that later, too.

Now it's time to add your focal image. I stamped and fussy cut an old fashioned coffee pot that was completely different from the mid-century modern cups and pots on the napkin.  Your focal image can be anything.  It can even be more than one thing,

like the ATCs I created for a recent swap.  The paper dolls and the clock are both focal images.

All that is left are the words.  I admit I'm a geek.  When I started thinking of the number 8, the infinity symbol came to mind.  Therefore I give you Infinite drinks and infinite friends share T.  Granted, you can make your ATC as elaborate as you wish.  You can add German scrap, tiny beads, lace, or other embellishments.  You are only limited by your own imagination.  I hope that helped Iris.  BTW, the size is because it is the same as a trading card and fits inside a trading card sleeve.

PLEASE don't forget to let me know if you would like to send an ATC to someone for the anniversary.  Details next week, because I've taken enough of your time today.   It's now time to share your own drink inspired post this week.  It can be gifts you received, photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, mail art, junk mail, catalogs, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, as long as it in some way relates back to a drink, any drink.  Regardless, please share below and Bleubeard and I, along with the rest of the T gang will be by to visit.   Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Bleubeard would like to remind you that old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday and not just this year.  
 




 
 




31 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Nice ideas for your ATCs. I think I already said that I won't be joining in, I have too much on my plate just now!Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Barbara said...

I always follow along, but not as a T gang member.so, no joining for me. I’m slowing down these days as I age, not taking on more. I’ll follow alongs as long as it’s still fun though!

Sharon Madson said...

Yes, Please, I want to celebrate by doing an ATC! Love yours, Elizabeth. Thanks for doing an ATC party for the anniversary. Happy T Day!

kathyinozarks said...

So sorry I didn't see that in last week's post about the atc's I am saying no-I am not participating in swaps any longer-although they can be allot of fun to do.
thanks for hosting Elizabeth

Lisca said...

Sorry for not mentioning it before, but no, I won't be participating this time.
I love your little tutorial for Iris.
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

Mae Travels said...

I apologize for not answering last week, but I’m not remotely qualified as a crafter so I have nothing to offer for this. I enjoy the sharing of beverages, and I hope I am not offending anyone by participating in that part of the Tuesday blog party.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Elephant's Child said...

I hope all the participants have fun. I am a watcher rather than a doer - but I do love to see the work of talented bloggers. Thank you for sharing.

My name is Erika. said...

I like the coffee themed ATCs. The retro paper is great, and I like the retro peculator you added. They are fun for T, and the peculator reminds me w=of what my mom used when I was younger. As I mentioned, I will do a switch. What is the date for the switch and the posting in July? Have a great T day. Hugs-Erika

Olde Dame Holly said...

As always, beautiful and creative work!

Kate Yetter said...

Hi Elizabeth, I won't be participating in the ATC swap this year. But your ATC's with the paper dolls are really pretty.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Darla said...

I have to say no to an ACT exchange. I like ACTs but don't make commitments to trade or send these days. I look forward to seeing whatever people come up with though.

Linda Kunsman said...

Sorry but I didn't realize you needed the answer last week. I've just decided to forgo it this year - I have enough already, including two art classes I have yet to begin:) And with the postal service the way it's been...
Love your ATC and you gave a great explanation of it! Happy T day!

Mia said...

YES PLEASE. I want to celebrate with you and make an ATC. I always try to participate in your swaps, my friend. Kisses!
Also, in a few hours I will join my drink to your TSFT.

Halle said...

No thanks to the ATC exchange. I do like the ones you shared though.
Happy T day my friend.

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, Elizabeth, it did help :-).
But... What do I do then? Publish? Send it to someone? To you? Sorry, I´m a newbie...

Cloudia said...

Thank You!

aussie aNNie said...

Great post and great ideas. x

J said...

Hi Elizabeth, so sorry I forgot to give you an answer last week, in normal circumstances I would join in but our postal system at the moment is terrible, most cards etc have never reached their destinations.
I love your ideas for your ATC's, very fitting for the T party.
Have a lovely week and Happy T Day
Jan

nwilliams6 said...

Fun ATCs here, Elizabeth, and fun idea to swap ATCs and be have little creations made by some of our favorite people. I will do some ATCs for the swap if you let me know more about the swap such as how many I have to make, deadline, and where to send them - it will be my first ATC swap and I think I have only ever made one ATC. Is there a theme - drinks or something like that? Sorry for all the questions. Happy T-Day. Hugz

Mia said...

Hi Elizabeth,
Coming back to tell you that if you finally arrange the ATC swap, I can make more than one ATCs, if you want. I can make 2, 3 or even more. Kisses!!!

CJ Kennedy said...

Fun ATCs. I'll play in your swap.

DVArtist said...

As always a wonderful post. I don't make ATC's so I will not be able to join in.

Divers and Sundry said...

It's not that hard lol, not at all, but I hadn't realized you needed the answer last week. I won't be able to participate this year.

I love your drink-themed ATCs in this post. Cool! And your instructions are clear. Nice!

Happy T Tuesday!

Rajani Rehana said...

Mind blowing post

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Empire of the Cat said...

I love your coffee pot ATCs, so cute and retro. I will not be able to join in unfortunately due to too much going on at home. Elle xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

An excellent description of an ATC! Yes, still intending to take part! Hugs, Chrisx

Sandra Cox said...

Fun. AND you can't beat geeks:)

Cindy McMath said...

Wonderful ATCs - I love those coffee and tea illustrations on the napkin.

Let's Art Journal said...

I loved the kitten in the cup ATC you sent me last year, it was such a lovely surprise and still takes pride of place alongside Eileen's in my craft room 😀. You're new ATC designs are stunning too, the napkin background with the words and numbers are all so perfect! Happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x
p.s. sorry for being late this week commenting, I was so unwell yesterday but I'm feeling better today and hubby is doing a fine job looking after me! x

craftytrog said...

Wonderful ATCs! xx