Thursday, March 25, 2021

Rain's Thursday Art Date: Motion and Movement

 

It's Thursday, so that means it's time to show my contribution to Rain's weekly Thursday Art Date.  This week the theme is Motion and Movement.  Once again, I'm not sure how much I have to share this week.

I was in a six player swap in which my theme was rust.  This is one of the pages I created for myself.  It was called Queen of the Dance.

The dancers were also created on fabric, too.
 
These butterflies look like they are moving to me.  This photo is from a trip to a local museum.  Yes, I'm that short.

This is from my 7 Continents altered book.  It is a page in Argentina where the Tango was born.

Three of my over 480 rocking horses.  Rockers have movement, so I couldn't leave them out!

Speaking of which .  .  .  .
 
This page in a birthday book I created shows movement.

Another birthday book I created shows what I named Reach.
 
All photos taken by me, all art created by me.  Bleubeard believes in motion, unlike Squiggles who prefers to stay motionless.  
 
Thank you beyond belief for stopping by.  I am truly grateful to you, my friends, followers, readers, and lurkers for visiting.  Please also join Bleubeard and me at Rain's Thursday Art Date.
 
This will be my final post at Rain's Thursday Art Date until April 29.   For 22 days in April, beginning with April 1 and leading up to Earth Day, I recycle, reuse, reduce, rethink, re-invent, redesign, re-craft, recover, restore, rebuild, revamp, reclaim, and/or re-purpose something to keep it out of the landfill.  I hope you will stop by and see what I have planned.  Most of these will be very simple crafts that anyone can make.  After all, if I can make it, so can you.


21 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

You underestimate yourself. I think you brought a lot of stunners to the theme. I am looking forward to seeing your April posts too.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

These are fabulous ideas on the Rains theme. The first is beautifully designed, your queen of the dance is impressive I like it!
I'm curious what you will do next time with your crafts.
Have a good creative time, hug Elke

Valerie-Jael said...

Lots of fab art for Rain's theme. I like the rusty pieces best! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Love the Queen of the Dance! And the fabric is cute, too - you made me laugh with "Yes, I'm that short." I´m with you...
Wish I could dance... Wow you DO love rocking horses!

aussie aNNie said...

ohhh and an ahhh, so many beautiful goodies here, love the art, very clever lady. xx

Gillena Cox said...

Some spectacular pieces. Happy Thursday

Much💜love

Barbara said...

Tons of movement in your house, Elizabeth! I especially like your “moving” dancer rust images. How did you do those??? I look forward to all your “re-“ examples. I need simple crafts that even my hands can make. Lol!

Christine said...

Wonderful show of movement Elizabeth very interesting ‘Queen of Dance’ page.

Divers and Sundry said...

I love love love Queen of the Dance! Definitely frameable.

Sandra Cox said...

All kinds of fascinating things today.
Can you imagine stretching your legs as far and straight as that ballerina? Makes me hurt just thinking about it:) Afraid my legs would just break off:)
Love the rust colored pattern, piece and cloth.
I broke down and bought a new computer, then had to have the transfer done, yada yada yada.
I'll be back to posting next week.
Thanks for your concern, dear Elizabeth.

kathyinozarks said...

Awesome examples for the theme movement-I am in love with your rust dye especially

DVArtist said...

Wowowowowow I love this are piece. You really did a great job with the motion and movement theme.

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

I liked so many of these, but I especially liked the rust/dancing figures displays. They just grabbed me. The tango set did, too. I went to your Rain, Thursday Art Date site and thought your charcoal self-portrait was super. The food selections were, too. My husband and I are vegetarians, although we eat fish and seafood (someone told us we're really "pescadarians.") The stromboli reminded me a little of what we cooked once as a calzoni. I love how food reappears in different cultures under different names.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

The motion in dancing is intoxicating. My parents were fabulous ballroom dancers and the tango was one of their best ... I love music and dancing, probably because I grew up with it. Your rocking horses are awesome. I collected elephants for many years and I can't tell you how many of them I had, but I sold most of them when we moved this last time. It was a downsizing for the sake of my son who wouldn't know what to do with all of our collections once we were gone... sad, but such is life :( Sorry you won't be joining us for awhile, though I understand the need for what you are doing. Hope you will stop by even if you haven't participated. Stay well, and I missed hearing any word from Bleubeard ... hope all is well with him :)

Andrea @ From the Sol

Rita said...

Great entries! :)

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Well it looks like you have ample to share to me, what a great display of motion and movement and I love how you brought in a selection of your rocking horses always nice to see. Have fun next month with your recycling projects, now that's always a great thing. Hugs Tracey x

Phil Slade said...

If you're like me, you are looking forward to seeing real live butterflies again. Just a week or two and a spot of warm sunshine is all we need.

My name is Erika. said...

LOTS of motion here. I don't remember those rusty dancers on fabric, but they are pretty cool. I don't participate in Rain's challenge but it is always fun to see what people share. Hope its not raining too hard. Rain here too. Hugs-Erika

NatureFootstep said...

hi, love all your dancers, but the top one is my favorite :) Love the colors and abstract painting.

Jeanie said...

Your pieces definitely capture movement, Elizabeth, especially the two at the top. I like those very much.

Rain said...

Hi Elizabeth! :) I LOVE your Queen of the Dance! That's lovely, I love rust colour. Your rocking horses are gorgeous! What a nice collection. I'm sorry to hear you won't be participating for April, but happy to hear about your plans for Earth Day! I'll hopefully be checking in more often!! :)