Sunday, February 14, 2021

Monday Murals: not exactly romantic

 

It's Sunday, which means it's time once again to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  Even though it's still Sunday in my world, please be aware that Sami's mural link goes live at 10:01 a.m. my time today.

Not exactly a romantic mural today,
 
but it does speak to two things women love to get on Valentines Day.

One is jewels, preferably precious gems,
 
and the other is flowers.

Throw in a rooster,
 
and you get the name of the mural.  Even though there was no indication on the mural, this is an Avenue Arts Days project.

It is called Jewel Rooster

and was painted on a fence in an alley

at 1720 East Douglas in Wichita, Kansas (USA).  The muralist is Hallie Linnebur. 

If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World. And Happy Valentine's Day for those of you who celebrate it.
 

 

 

19 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

That mural is soooo much fun. I do hope that you are feeling better.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful mural. Take care, hugs, Valerie

aussie aNNie said...

A beautiful post and exquisite design. Happy St
Valentine's day. xxx

CJ Kennedy said...

Pretty cool design. Hope you're doing better.

Divers and Sundry said...

This may be my favorite mural ever :) I like roosters to begin with, and just look at those colors and that movement!

Tom said...

...that quite a colorful rooster!

Mae Travels said...

You were very clever in making this rooster mural into a Valentine! I hope you are having a good day and feeling better.

be safe....mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Barbara said...

I’m always so amazed at how may murals you have in your area to visit! None here that I know of.

kwarkito said...

wonderful mural. These colors are comforting

Kimmie said...

Hi Liz... I have been so worried about you!
Get well soon...Kim & Paul Strukel

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Elizabeth, I love this mural-you have the coolest murals near you.
Happy Valentine's day Kathy

My name is Erika. said...

Not romantic but I really like this. The colors are great! Nice and bold. Plus the rooster is done nicely. Hope the eye is improving daily and you had a nice Valentine's day too. Hugs-Erika

Rita said...

Flowers, jewels, and a rooster. Might be romantic to some, I would venture to say. :)

Iris Flavia said...

Very well concluded :-) I got a Soljanka/Solyanka for Valentines :-)

Sami said...

Fabulous mural Elizabeth, full of colour and movement. It would have been suitable for the Chinese Year of the Rooster, but the last one was in 2017 :)
Thanks for participating in Monday Murals

magiceye said...

Rooster on fire! Lovely!

Bertiebo said...

It's a lovely mural, Elizabeth.

Jackie McGuinness said...

A cheery wake up!

Jeanie said...

I'm fond of chickens and roosters so I think this might be one of my recent favorite murals! I hope every day is a better one for you!