Monday, December 28, 2020

The Body Beautiful

 

I want to thank all of you for your well wishes.  I decided I had to pull myself out of my depression and get back to living.  Even the cats were starting to get tired of my depressing attitude.  Thanks again.  I really appreciate it and your kind comments.

Since I have a few hours between Monday Murals and T Tuesday, I am joining Tracey of Hotchpotch Creations our host this month at Art Journal Journey with her theme What is the meaning of

I am thinking about 

the meaning of


the body beautiful.


For this page, I began by laying down watercolors on 110 lb. cardstock.  When dry, I adhered the central image and the head which I punched from a dictionary page.  To the body, I added various bits including a fortune and the texture paste.  I then added the sentiment using a black Sharpie.  Unfortunately, while adding the sentiment, I ran my hand through the still wet texture paste and smeared the left leg.

Thank you so very much for visiting Bleubeard and me today.  We would love to also see you at Art Journal Journey with your own take on The Meaning Of.


17 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Glad you're feeling better! Love the body you made, great idea. Have a good and safe week, hugs, Valerie

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning Elizabeth, I happy you got yourself out of the depression. these are hard times being stuck in our homes. art always helps me when I am down in the dumps or reading-I do allot of reading now that I have been retired.
Your newest art entry is fantastic. Happy Monday

pearshapedcrafting said...

Glad you are feeling better! I am pleased to say I have had a bit of a catch up here this morning! (I gave myself a couple of breaks from the scrolling) and hope to catch up on other blogs in this way!
This is fantastic page - such a clever idea too!
Hugs, Chrisx

Sami said...

Not easy being alone at Christmas time and not easy being under lockdown for such a long time Elizabeth. I can well understand you would be feeling down and depressed after so many months of not living a normal life.
I'm glad you are making an effort to pull yourself up.
Your body beautiful artwork today is fabulous.
Keep safe :)

Barbara said...

Very imaginative, love the random watercolor background!

Mae Travels said...

I've read that Christmas can cause people to be sad because the expectations are so high that the day just doesn't come up to their hopes. Please cheer up for the New Year -- it may indeed bring a better situation to our country, which badly needs that.

I like your somewhat abstract approach, using a kind of artificial body for the art today.

be safe... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

DVArtist said...

Happy that you are feeling better. Depression is a strange and sometimes wonderful place. I find for myself that the dark place can be inviting and cozy. However, I can't stay there long and I force myself back to reality. It's the coming back that fills me not that other place. :) I truly love this piece of art.You are always so creative.

Cindy McMath said...

Wow this is amazing Elizabeth. Sorry you haven’t been feeling your best lately - I’ve been in my work bubble so haven’t kept up with your blog recently. Take care my friend.

Iris Flavia said...

Depression is not an attitude!
Very glad you got over this without meds.

Jeanie said...

I'm so sorry to hear you have been depressed, Elizabeth. The holidays can certainly do that to a person, and this year, especially when it's not easy to be with other people. It certainly hasn't affected your art. I find this piece especially striking and beautifully done.

Hang in there, Elizabeth. The holiday season is nearly through and a vaccine is on the way.

CJ Kennedy said...

Glad to hear you snapped out of your funk. You page is wonderful. The background colors match and complement the figure perfectly.

craftytrog said...

I love this page, and it's great to hear you're feeling better Elizabeth.
Love to you and the cats,
Alison xox

My name is Erika. said...

This is such a super page. But as much as I love your page I am happy to hear you are pulling yourself out of your funk. It is really hard right now with these dark days and holidays and this pandemic still going on. If you feel like unloading or chatting you ca send me an email.Hugs-Erika

nwilliams6 said...

Very cool image and background, Elizabeth. The details are very interesting and the words thought provoking. So glad you are feeling a bit better. Many hugz

Divers and Sundry said...

Sometimes these blues just wash over us and then settle in. I'm glad you're feeling some relief. The Body Beautiful is beautiful. When you point out things like the hand smear I always look again to see, and I can't see that at all.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This is a lovely art piece. And I did pop by to give words of encouragement, but I see from your post that your mood has improved. I got the Christmas blues, and was sad to read your comment where you said you got depressed because you were alone. :-( I hope you found some comfort from your faithful furry companions. (I was hugging mine, more so this year, because of realizing he might not have been here this Christmas, had things gone in another direction back in June with him.) My mood is still iffy, so I won't be online much for another week or so.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Hi Elizabeth, it;s been such a hard year for us all and we have all had our down days, art really does have a way of helping take our mind of the lows in life. Your body beautiful is very creative, so much to look at on the torso, a very clever construction, that little smudge makes it all the more personal.
Thank you for joining in with my theme again, I've really loved being part of it this December.
Take care of yourself & the kitties Hugs Tracey xx