Monday, November 9, 2020

Tag time

 

Since I have a few hours between Monday Murals and T Time, I thought I would share another Art Journal Journey entry today using Wendy's theme which is Birds.  I also thought I would share this with Wendy's theme at Tag Tuesday, which is Texture.

I got a bit carried away and went overboard on the three tags I created for this entry.
 
   The empty nester features a bird nest I created using threads, bits of lace, metal stars, and silk leaves.


I held it together using white glue.  I hope you can see all the texture I created.
 
I got a little carried away taking photos of this tag.  I spent hours and hours and hours coloring this using my watercolors.  I'm actually quite proud of it.
 


 
I was extremely proud of how it looked in the end.
 
This tag was created earlier and all I did was stamp the black bird on it.  It has several layers, which I think add texture.

 
I began this page by spritzing several of my handmade shimmering mists on watercolor paper.  All that was left was to add the three tags using glue dots on the bottom tag and E6000 on the two larger tags.

Thanks beyond belief for visiting Bleubeard and me today.  We sincerely hope to see you with your own take on Birds and Texture.  
 

 
 
I'm also sharing this with AEDM.  Today is Day 9 and I created a journal page for Art Journal Journey and three tags for Tag Tuesday, two of which are filled with texture. 
 

17 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

What fun page you made for Tag Tuesday, it's lovely, some great ideas there. And you coloured your bird and nest beautifully. Thanks for joining us at Tag Tuesday. Have a good start in the new week, stay safe! Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Lovely work - perfect with the casually ripped page!

WendyK said...

Fabulous, love the tags with the bird themes, and of course all the texture. Thank you for sharing with us on Tag Tuesday, and AJJ.
Hugs Wendy

kathyinozarks said...

I love your tags Happy Sunday

Mae Travels said...

Such nice birds. Very pretty art work!

be well... mae at maefoood.blogspot.com

Karen said...

Terrific tags ~ I love the nest with fiber, very clever!

LA Paylor said...

protecting her family... so lovely. I like the continuation of the line of your black bird on the textured piece a lot. They are all so interesting.
Yea! to the election results, here's to a smooth transition of power the way adults would do, YEA to Harris representing strong women who have the right to govern !

craftytrog said...

Fabulous textures! I love the tags Elizabeth.
Alison xx

CJ Kennedy said...

I don’t think you got carried away at all. I enjoyed looking at all the details of your lovely tags

da tabbies o trout towne said...

this is a really cute piece Elizabeth !!! I don't dare let da tabbies see it though...very well done ! :) ☺☺♥

NatureFootstep said...

Love your nesting birds tags. Interesting with that shimmering mist. Don´t think I have seen it before but it looks beautiful and useful.

Take care!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like these tags :)

All the best Jan

My name is Erika. said...

Great bird tags, with lots of texture. It's great to use tags on a pages, isn't it? Hope you had a good Monday.

Serena Lewis said...

Love those tags! The bird protecting her nest is so sweet. :)

Sandra Cox said...

I love these!

pinky said...

Your tags are beautiful and I love how you added that texture! Genius!! Thanks for joining us at Tag Tuesday.
Pinky

Divers and Sundry said...

I like the layering and texture and especially that empty nester nest :)