Thursday, March 12, 2020

Rain's Thursday Art Date: Luck


I'm posting late today because I had my Second Thursday Tutorial that had to be posted earlier.  This week's theme at Rain's Thursday Art Date is Luck.

I'm pulling up a few of the pieces I have made in the past. 

Hamsa hands are supposed to bring good luck.  The hand was cut by me in polymer clay.


I thought you might be able to read this Irish Blessing better close up.


I tried to be a bit more organized this week, sharing my art first, then my photos.

My friend Kathy likes to dress the part for St. Patrick's Day.


We also like to visit the restaurant where this blarney stone sits in front.  Every time we go there, she has to touch the stone.

All photos taken by me.  All art created by me. Bleubeard slept through everything this week.

Bleubeard and I would love to see you join this weekly adventure at Rain's Thursday Art Date.  We hope to at least see you back here next Thursday.

Just to let you know, I will be out of touch the rest of the day Thursday and most of Friday.  I will be around to visit late Friday, since I won't have access to a computer until I get home.  Thanks again for joining me for this lucky post.

25 thoughtful remarks:

Elkes Lebensglück said...

This is a wonderful lucky post, Elisabeth !!!
Great what you did for Page and with the Irish blessing.
I wish you the best of luck in your life!
hugs Elke

Carol Samsel said...

Nice Irish art....of course the butterfly one is my favorite.

My name is Erika. said...

Fabulous luck art my friend! I enjoyed seeing them and maybe the theme of luck will bring you some extra luck too. Smile. Hugs-Erika

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Morning/Evening Elizabeth, what madness we all live within at the moment. Been a crazy week so thankful to take a break and be able to chat amongst online friends without the chaos of the supermarkets and washing of hands every five minutes. I feel we all need to touch that blarney stone right now.
The theme of Green for this month could not have been chosen better. A super selection you have on display and a beautiful Irish blessing.
Sending good health & extra light your way HUGS Tracey xx

DVArtist said...

Wow this is a great post. Luck of the Irish has such an interesting history. I am 1/2 Irish and through my Grandma learned a lot about Irish luck. A lucky day to you.

Karen said...

lot's of great art! I love the blarney stone ~ Blessings to you

Valerie-Jael said...

A beautiful collection of art for the theme, great to see the photos, too. Have a happy day, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Great works. Bleubeard slept through all of this?! ;-)
To some luck!! (If I refuse to see the "h" I even see my name and I do think it means something, right?)...

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely lucky creations all adding up to a post full of positive energy... much needed around the globe at the moment, I think. I love that your symmetrical Hamsa hand has the look of a tulip head, and thank you for the close-up of the Blessing.
Alison x

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful post! Your photos and artwork offers such hope and good luck which the world needs right now 😀. Thanks for sharing such wonderful Irish blessings! Happy Friday and Weekend! Hugs, Jo x

RO said...

I love all the designs, and Kathy's shirt is fantastic. I have to be honest and say that I would probably touch those hands every time I visited too.(lol) Hugs and Happy Friyay! RO

Dortesjs said...

great art and great stone, have a nice weekend dear

froebelsternchen said...

Bleubeard slept through all of this? He is blessed with peace and his mom!! What a super selection here on display and what a beautiful Irish blessing.
Wishing you luck my friend!

Big , big hugs,

Susi

froebelsternchen said...

And I would also put my hands on this stone... but just at the moment no good idea to do this....

We have just chaos here ....

Divers and Sundry said...

We could all use a little extra luck these days :) and I'm adopting your four leaf clover for the day :) Have fun!

CJ Kennedy said...

A very fun post. I liked the Irish blessing as it was one I hadn't heard of before. Stay safe and be well, my friend.

Linda Manning Findley said...

"E" love all that lovely green ... wishing all the "Luck of the Irish" to you ... all the lovely Irish blessings and ladybugs bring a huge smile to my heart

Meggymay said...

I do hope the luck of the Irish will visit you. I loved the art you created and the lovely Irish Blessing.
Keep safe and well.
Yvonne xx

da tabbies o trout towne said...

how cool is that blarney stone !!! I would touch the stone as well every time I saw it ♣♣♣♣♣

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Lovely artwork and photos. You're lucky to have a local blarney stone to touch, although not right now with coronavirus / covid-19 going around. I'm finding the whole situation very stressful.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I envy Bluebeard ... how I would love to sleep through everything :) So the luck of the Irish is part of your life and a beautiful part I see. One of my dearest friends is 150% Irish and she is a blessing to all that know her. I think it is her love of Ireland, their customs and mannerisms that make her so fun and lovable ... might I guess that we would find your friend the same way :) Wonderful post, Elizabeth ...

Andrea @ Form the Sol

Gillena Cox said...

Very nice Elizabeth

Much❤love

Rain said...

Hi Elizabeth! :) I love your post...that Blarney Stone is very cool, I would be touching those hand prints every chance I got!! :) Very interesting about the Hamsa Hand too, I never heard that one. Kathy is a hoot with her sweater!! :) I love it! Your journal pages are so neat...I need to start doing that one of these days! Thanks so much for joining in! :)

NatureFootstep said...

great post today with some new things to learn.
I did not recognize leprechaun so I had to google it :) Cool!

Jeanie said...

Loving all your Irish green and clovers! Happy Day tomorrow!