Monday, September 2, 2019

Second on the 2nd: My first ever Tea Tuesday


If your T Stands For Tuesday post is the same as your Second on the 2nd post, please link both places.

"Welcome to my first ever Tuesday Tea, the brainchild of Kimmie* at Art in Red Wagons. Please check Kimmie's blog for other Tuesday Tea participants."
These were the first words I wrote on March 23, 2010 (nearly nine and a half years ago), immediately before I showed my first Tea Tuesday post. Back then, we had themes, which was even more of a challenge than just figuring out what tea we would drink and what tale our tea cup of the day could tell.

*Please be aware, the link above is still good, even though Kimmie has not hosted a tea party for well over seven years and has not posted in over a year. 

Below is the post in its entirety:

Tuesday Tea: Springtime in Kansas 

Welcome to my first ever Tuesday Tea, the brainchild of Kimmie at Art in Red Wagons. Please check Kimmie's blog for other Tuesday Tea participants.

Today's theme was provided by Dianne at Bits and Pieces of D (I removed the link because the blog is now by invitation only). Dianne's theme is "What signifies the coming of spring for you?" To me, spring means new growth, beginnings, and of course, my first ever Tuesday Tea.

I begin this adventure with Earl Grey, a black (loose leaf) tea that has a distinct orange flavor, due to orange rinds packed in with the tea leaves. This wonderfully aromatic tea is much darker than it appears in the photo, because the sky's reflection masks its true color.
_____________________________________________________

As I've mentioned in the past, one Tueday, instead of sharing tea with us, Kimmie just quit playing and never notified anyone.  That's when a few of us got together online and decided to keep posting every Tuesday.  However, out of respect for Kimmie, after about nine months when I took over as host, I changed the name from Tuesday Tea to T Stands For Tuesday.  It was also at that time I started using Linky Links, something Kimmie chose not to do.

Now it's time for you to share your own Second on the 2nd.  The rules are quite simple and everyone is welcome to join the fun look back.  All you have to do is bring back a post that you are especially proud of, or perhaps one you shared before anyone knew your blog existed.  Any post, any genre, any artistic endeavor is acceptable.  It does NOT have to be about tea or a drink.  It DOES have to be one you have published in the past.  Then link below using Inlinkz (direct links only, please) and Bleubeard and I, along with other Second on the 2nd friends, will be by to visit.  Please be aware this link is only open for five days, so linking on the 2nd is preferred.  Please don't forget, if your T Stands For Tuesday post is the same as your Second on the 2nd post, please link both places.  T Stands For Tuesday will use a Mr. Linky Link and post at its normal time. 



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

18 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Good that you took things over and kept the part going! I will be back later and share my post with both links. First I need to drink enough coffee to really wake up. Valerie

Sami said...

I'm a tea person, but prefer herbal teas. Nice of you to keep up the theme posts Elizabeth.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

I liked learning about the history behind Tuesday Tea and T Stands For Tuesday, since I was a lurker of your blog posts for awhile until I finally joined in this year. :-) I'm glad you continued it Elizabeth. It's fun to participate in and everyone is very friendly.

Barbara said...

This is another challenge I’ve seen that motivates me at times, but honestly, I’ve decided I’m am at the point in my life where I need peace and relaxation all around. So I’ve learned not to take on any unnecessary deadlines, not even these challenges. When I did decide to do one in the past, it was always in the back of my mind that I have to “hop to it” and get it done and posted! It wasn’t fun at that point, a demand I didn’t need in my time. I’ve been there with computer demands for so long that I guess I’m balking (except for paying bills, must do those). But otherwise...No More Deadlines! I’ll still come around and appreciate what all of you have accomplished though. I admire your faithfulness to the challenges, and I’m sure it’s highly motivation as well as lovely art.
I’m sorry to learn Kimmie hasn’t kept up her blog. I always enjoyed her posts.

Barbara said...

Oh boy, sorry if my other comment sounds like a complaint. It is for me, but not for any of you! I admire your faithfulness to the challenge idea, but it’s not for me, I guess. All of you are probably younger! Haha

My name is Erika. said...

That is one things about blogging that is hard to get used to. People do just stop blogging and disappear and you never know what happens to them. One day they are on, the next they are gone. And I do get they don't really owe their readers an explanation, but it is nice when they do give one. Anyhow I am glad you picked up T day and I like the title better, especially with no themes. It is so much fun to see your first ever T post. That is a really pretty cup too. Happy September 2! Hugs-Erika

kathyinozarks said...

I enjoyed the history as well for our T
Loved the photo of your tea Happy Second on the 2nd and Happy Labor Day Hugs Kathy

Lisca said...

It's so good to know how it all started. Very interesting. I'm glad you took it on as we all enjoy our T-party very much.
Is the Second on the 2nd your invention I wonder?
Have a lovely day and we will meet again tomorrow for Tea!
Lisca

froebelsternchen said...

Great to know how all started!!!
You do this all so well dear ELizabeth!

Big hugs, Susi

Meggymay said...

A really interesting post, it was good to read how T day all began and of course thank you for making this such a happy event where everyone feels welcome and included.
Yvonne xx

Sharon Madson said...

Thank you sharing this post again, Elizabeth, because I didn’t know the history of TSFT. Did you ever find out why she stopped having the original ones? I mean was she sick or did she die or something? I have wondered that about some bloggers that just quit posting with no explanation. See you later for TSFT. I chose not to do 2nd on the 2nd this time. I don’t know how you can do posts every day. I can barely get one done a week! LOL

Halle said...

So glad you continued the tradition of T Tuesday. I'm not always here, on time or good at getting around to everyone and leaving a comment but I enjoy it none the less.

Lowcarb team member said...

I love a cup of tea, the tea in your picture looks very inviting.

Wishing you a wonderful September.

All the best Jan

pearshapedcrafting said...

Phew! Having been in a traffic jam and not arriving home till late I am here! I will be having a big catch up soon as I seem to have missed an awful lot!! Hugs, Chrisx

Jeanie said...

That's a very long while -- and a good number of posts to share. Even though I don't join in the tea sharing, I always enjoy seeing what you are up to and sharing that day.

Tom said...

...thanks for stopping by to say hello!

Barbara said...

I already commented here, but am wondering if you got an email I sent to you. Let me know!

Birgit said...

I wonder why some people just stop and hope it is nothing bad. glad you joined something new