Saturday, June 29, 2019

Never work a day


I'm once again joining Halle at Halle's Hobbies, who is our host this month at Art Journal Journey with her theme Words to live by.

Today's entry says everything I believe in.

Every day, in fact.

I live by this philosophy:
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.  

I spent a lot of time wrapping the metal in place in the button holes.  It wasn't as easy as it looked.  I probably could have sewn the buttons to the paper faster!


For some reason, lately I have been grabbing my handmade shimmering mists every time I start a background.  This one buckled as it dried, and sewing the thin focal image to heavy 110 lb card stock didn't make it any easier.

Thank you beyond belief for visiting Bleubeard and me today.  I hope you will join me at Art Journal Journey with your own art inspired by Words to live by, too. 


19 thoughtful remarks:

froebelsternchen said...

A fantastic advice to live by and the elements you put together transport a very happy feeling to the viewer! Perfection! Looks wow to me! Happy Saturday dear Elizabeth.
Another stunner for Halle's topic! You are a Mixed Media Wueen my friend!

Susi xxx
Busy with an amazing summer , a fantastic time , I am just happy, relaxed and don't miss the arty workdesk. But I am sure this perfect summer weather will not last forever...lol!

froebelsternchen said...

Mixed Media QUEEN ☝️

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous lovely post, I love my job as a nurse and midwife but worked really hard, so hence love the sentiment but.,......
Our winter here where I live is north of Sydney so it is seldom 'freezing', cool, cold but no snow and no rugging up. Today it was like spring outside and some gardening was in order and more tomorrow....just a light rain and that was it....x

Lady Fi said...

Love that shot!

Neet said...

What a great sentiment. I loved my job until it changed in so any ways and people seemed to stop caring as much. We all do a far better job of our working day when we get some enjoyment out of it and I did, in so many ways, still carry on with the way I started.
This young man certainly is enjoying himself - wish I was as lithe as he is.
Hugs
Neet xx

The Liberty Belle said...

True! This brings to mind something that Mary Poppins said, "In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun. You find the fun and- SNAP - The job's a game."

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Wonderful art journal page Elizabeth.

Divers and Sundry said...

That looks like quite fine-gauged wire. I have a piece of found-in-a-parking-lot wire, but it's thicker than that. I'm still unsure what to do with it.

Your athlete certainly shows the joy :)

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

I love that quote! It's how I feel about writing. And you capture the spirit of it so beautifully in your special form of art.

Susan Kane said...

This is such a great expression of love and joy.

Well done.

Sandra said...

Outstanding. And though I've had day jobs I've enjoyed. I must admit I didn't enjoy them to that extent. Ha.

CJ Kennedy said...

Ain’t that the truth!

Sami said...

Nice background to the picture Elizabeth.
Not too sure about that quote, although I'm sure it can apply to some professions.
I love my job and have great colleagues (except one) but work pretty hard and it can be very stressful at times.
Have a lovely Sunday.

craftytrog said...

A wonderful page, I love the stitching and buttons, and that's another great quote!
Alison xx

Halle said...

Such true words! Although even though I love my job...it is still work. :) Most days are pretty great though.
I'm surprised that you fussed around with the metal button attachments. Weren't your hands sore?!?

Words and Pictures said...

That's really excellent advice! And an exhilarating photo to go with it. Love the finishing touch of the buttons.
Alison x

Caty said...

Love this Art page very much Elizabeth !! It´s very happy and colourful, and, ohh yessss, this quote is Perfect !! Your sewing is great, and the blue buttons with the metal are really Amazing , and the give the page a special touch. Gorgeous !
I wish you a very nice new week,
Big hugs, Caty

Jeanie said...

Wonderful words to live by -- and I can see why youlike the shimmering mists!

Cindy McMath said...

Great quote - I agree with other comments. I love my job but it’s a lot of work! I also think that other jobs that look “fun” - for me that’s creative jobs usually - take a lot of work to make them look fun. Great page - love the sewing!