Monday, April 22, 2019

T Stands For "T"


Today is my bEARTHday.  I hope you did some tiny bit to save the planet today.  I saw on the weather channel this morning that Austin, TX is banning all napkins, paper, and cardboard from the landfill.  It must either be composted or recycled.  I plan to do my part, since I have FOUR compost containers on my property.  Restaurants must recycle their food waste, either through composting or donating it to human and/or animal shelters.  Speaking of animal shelters, today (April 22) on my original blog is DOUBLE KIBBLE DAY at Free Kibble.  If you are here, why not click, anyway.

I want to invite you to T Tuesday.

This is another of those letters I found in a dumpster.  They were filthy and I gave them a good scrubbing.  When I did, I knocked off some of the paint sprayed on the originally black letters.

This is my altered "T."  I probably shouldn't have leaned it against another piece of wood I found in my neighbor's trailer. but it was the only way I had for it to stand up straight until I can add a backing.

This is my teacup I am using as my T Tuesday entry.

I recycled several teabags, too.  This red rubber stamp came from the Dollar Tree (where their motto is Everything is a dollar), which I'm sure is similar to the pound stores in the UK.

This beautiful stamp, one of my favorites, was sent to me one year by Valerie.

These flowers, recycled from originally being placed at my grandparents grave sites, scream Springtime, so I am also joining both Moo-Mania and More, whose theme this fortnight is Spring Fever, and Try it on Tuesday, whose theme this fortnight is Springtime (PLEASE NOTE: The links at MM&M and TioT are tied to my temporary blog).



A few close-up photos.




The tiny sprig of Eucalyptus tucked in behind the jonquil (or maybe it's a daffodil) is the only part of this floral arrangement that was not previously used at their graves. 




The teacup came from The Graphic Fairy (link found on my right sidebar).  I printed it on 110 lb card stock using my laser printer.  I then colored it using water soluble crayons.  The gold outline on the cup and saucer was made using a metallic gel pen.

For my final recycling entry, I first chose a letter I found in a dumpster.  After cleaning it, I added scrap paper I colored using either walnut ink (the darker paper) or strong tea.  I used three teabags, two of which I stamped, along with repurposed flowers from an arrangement I put together, then deconstructed, originally left at my grandparents' graves.

I tried to find a better place to display the "T,"

but all my surfaces seem to have wood that causes the letter to blend in with the background.

By now you know it's time for you to share your own drink related post.  It can be gifts you received, photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, books, junk mail, ads, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, as long as it in some way relates back to a drink, any drink.  Regardless, please share below and Bleubeard and I, along with the rest of the T gang will be by to visit.   Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday and not just this year.


2 thoughtful remarks:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh look! Mr. Linky Links is back. Yay.

Birgit said...

I was away when I read what happened to you. This is horrible but I am glad you have this back. If you still want me to visit the new blog you created, I will do so. I love your letter T and how you composed everything so well from the pretty tea cup to the butterfly. it looks so nice next to the framed paintings you have displayed