Monday, March 25, 2019

A visit from my friend Kathy


My friend Kathy came bearing gifts last week.  Lots and lots of gifts.
 
I think she had more fun playing with my newest rocking horse than I did.   She told me she found it at an antique mall.  I love it!

In addition to gifts, she brought a few of the fabric books she is making.

For Kathy, more is never enough.   She goes over the top with everything she makes.

These books are out of this world.  She buys laces, trims, buttons, etc., and

hot glues everything in place.   Over the top is not in her vocabulary. 

I thought I took photos of my gifts to her and her gifts to me, but they were not on my camera.  She cleaned her craft room again, and gave me a bunch of stuff she no longer wanted, including some French ads and newspapers a friend of hers had picked up one year while in France.  I can't wait to use them in my scrappy journals.

I also took her to lunch.  She wanted to visit an Irish pub, although we ended up eating Mexican.

Practically no one was there when we arrived, so we had the place virtually to ourselves.

She suggested I take a photo of the windows as we were leaving.  Because it was so late when we finished eating, we decided to not go craft shopping.  I look forward to her coming back closer to both our birthdays, though.

When I looked through all the photos, I noticed there were NO photos of a drink.  Therefore, I decided to share this Monday before T Tuesday.  Thanks for stopping by.  You can't beat Kathy's wonderful art books.  She offered to give me one, but I declined.  They are beautiful, but not something I would ever collect.

22 thoughtful remarks:

Helen said...

Wow, what a generous friend Kathy is! I love the rocking horse, and the fabric book, but it is very full on! Glad you were able to treat her to lunch

Valerie-Jael said...

The fabric books are beautiful, I can imagine how much work it must be to make them. Valerie

Bridget Larsen said...

Such fabulous books. What a talented artist

Sandra said...

What fun! Love the rocking horse and fabric books.
Happy Monday.

My name is Erika. said...

Great to have a visiter and even one bringing art supplies and art to drool over. She does go over the top but it is beautiful. And I can se this pub was ready for St. Patrick's Day. I love the big rocking horse. It is always nice to get an addition to a collection. Happy Monday.

Sami said...

Beautiful rocking horse Elizabeth, what a great gift.
Kathy's books are bit too elaborate for my taste, but we all have different tastes of course.
Love the green hat for St Patrick's day.

CJ Kennedy said...

Wonderful to spend a day with a friend who shares your interest. Her fabric books are gorgeous!

Let's Art Journal said...

It looks like you had such a wonderful time with your friend! The rocking horse is beautiful, such a thoughtful gift 😁. Wow, those fabric books are amazing! I would even now where to start with all those layers of lace - stunning! I can't wait to see how you use your French crafting goodies 😉. Wishing you a happy new week! J 😊 x

kathyinozarks said...

sounds like an awesome day with a good friend. so thoughtful of her to pick up the rocking horse for you-I love it.
Her fabric books are amazing!!
Happy Monday

Caty said...

Wooowwww your friend Kathy is an artist !! I´m in love with her so gorgeous lace books, they are Amazing !! As amazing too is the so beautiful Rocking horse ! Really a lovely gift ! So good moments with so good friends.
I wish you a very nice day, and send you big hugs,
Caty

Mia said...

Wow! Kathy is a real artist! These fabric books are amazing!!!!!!!!! Wow! Kisses, Elizabeth!

Halle said...

Fun to see Kathy! Her books are lovely. So ornate.

Divers and Sundry said...

Her fabric books are gorgeous! and how generous of her to share her craft materials with you. She has an eye for detail, doesn't she!

You can't go wrong with Mexican food.

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Those fabric books are so captivating. I'd be afraid to open them. They would end up on my wall as art objects. Thanks for the share.

froebelsternchen said...

Super that you had such a nice visitor again and her books are really specially and in a unique style.
We don't need to have the same taste as our friends -:-))
When I go out with my neighbour and friend Maria I always dress up specially unadorned - plain and simple since she always is conspicuous dressed and I want not to make us too much flashy looking.lol.☻☻☻
Big hugs, Susi

Meggymay said...

Kathy brought you a beautiful gift, the rocking horse looks great and I'm sure we will be seeing the craft pieces she brought over soon in your journals.
Wow to the fabric books she brought over to show you, so much detailed work. They looked gorgeous, does she display them in her home?
It sounds like you had a lovely day out as well.
Yvonne xx

Eileen Bergen said...

I'm confused, Elizabeth. Was that a Mexican restaurant decorated for St. Patrick's Day? Kathy's elaborate fabric books are wonderful. That's something that a bride or 15 year-old celebrating her quinceañeras would love where I live. A book for her special memories of the day.

Rike said...

I am fascinated about Kathy's shirt - such sweet elephants!
Her books are really out of this world!
This big rocking horse is fabulous, very nice gift from her to you and the French stuff from her crafting room, I am curious when you will use them in your scrappy journals!

Nancy said...

Lovely rocking horse! And Kathy's books must feel wonderful to hold. They show a lot of time and materials invested- beautiful.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! Kathy's books look wonderful! Does she have a blog? How lucky you are to have a friend who brings you an antique rocking horse! It does look fascinating - I guess the legs move? Hugs, Chrisx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Now I get to see what you friend brought for you, I bet the memory of those frustrating phone lines being down were forgotten as soon as ou saw that Rocking Horse, what a magnificent construction and the fabric books well they are a real work of art. I'm looking forward to seeing what you create with those extra crafty bits your friend brought you.
A well deserved meal all round. Thanks for sharing Elizabeth.
Hugs Tracey xx

RO said...

It's so wonderful when friends come to visit, and you can share really neat stuff. I adore the rocking horse and her over the top pages are fabulous and creative. Glad you had such a wonderful time! Hugs...RO