Thursday, February 7, 2019

This is Thursrday, so please don't think I've lost track of time


I assure you this is not a T Tuesday post.  During the months of October, November, and December, my foodie friend Sally and I spent an inordinate amount of time eating out.  Instead of buying each other gifts for Christmas, we bought each other things throughout those three months.  We also went to eat when we exchanged gifts, and I picked up the check most of the time because Sally drives most of the times we go out.

There are only four, or possibly five Tuesdays in a month, and several times during October, November, and all of December, I spent my time sharing a drink at my dining room table.  I have SO many of these places we went, I need to get them out of my storage file and onto my blog.  Therefore, today I'm going to share at least one place we ate one of those months.  You are going to see a lot of these this month, because I've got loads to share.

This first entry is from Halloween.  I remember because it was the day we voted early and I bought Sally two sets of note and Christmas cards.

We specifically chose to vote early at the Independent Resource Center for two reasons.

We didn't have to wait at all.

The first reason was because this was the place where I could get her these cards.   Note the carousel horse and the carousel in the background.  It is now at Botanica, our Botanical Gardens.  Sadly, Joyland has been sold and the rides sold or destroyed.  I understand a lot of people were saddened when it was sold, because it was a fun summer place to visit each year.

The second reason was because we both were hungry for Mexican food and this place is always fun to visit.   It was close to where we voted, too!  Sally and I both ordered the Value Dinner #3, which included a burrito, taco, tostada, and chips.  I got rice with my dinner, and Sally got beans.

Although there were the typical soft drink choices, we both chose water to drink.

While we waited for our meals, I began taking photos of the artwork.

It's sad when beautiful old photos are behind glass and they are nearly impossible to photograph.  This is the old Riverside Boathouse.  Apparently, it has been gone for many years, but the photo was fascinating.

I really don't "get" some art people choose to share in their restaurants, even though I liked the look of that old car.

This wreath I "got."  I thought it was quite appropriate.

By now, our meals were ready, so I went up to get them.  Sally had ordered hot sauce with her food,

while I ordered no sauce.

Thanks for joining me today for a look back at Halloween and the day we voted early in the 2018 elections.

15 thoughtful remarks:

Helen said...

wow, they pile the plates high! thanks for sharing your Mexican meal

chrissie said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun with your gift ideas-good to spread it out for months I think. Love the card with the fairground in the background.

Your meals looks like nothing that I have ever eaten but I am sure they were very tasty and special for you both

Have a great day

Love Chrissie xx

Valerie-Jael said...

LOvely photos, looks like you both had fun. Every day is a good day to eat and drink, in my book anyway. Off to the doc's again here! Valerie

Sami said...

I love Mexican food too.The wreath is cute.
Have a lovely day Elizabeth.

My name is Erika. said...

That Mexican food looks so yummy. Sounds like you had a lot of fun going out to eat and enjoying the beautiful fall season. That's a cool painting of Joyland, but it is sad when local landmarks close down. Hope you have a good Thursday. Hugs-Erika

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great set of photos for your adventures that day. I know it's Thursday, but your post is one reason why I love T-Day. Most of the entrants tell complete stories, like you did here. I'm still trying to work on my writing, for T-Days, to share more details. I also saw your comment on my blog about GIMP, and not being able to find the crop tool. I've seen others leave comments either for me, or on their own blogs, about GIMP not being intuitive. So I'm thinking of trying to write a few tutorials to post on my blog, to help people get started with it, because I think it's a great tool, and it's free and open source (which means it doesn't have spyware in it). No promises on when I start doing that, though, but I would like to be able to help others use GIMP.

CJ Kennedy said...

What a wonderful way to spend time with your friend. Good food and presents. The notecards are pretty. I'm so slow on the uptake as I just noticed all the children looking up at the carousel cloud horse. That's awesome! Stay safe and warm.

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, we voted early last year too-we went to the courthouse since they took away our local voting place.
I love Mexican food-yours looks delicious.
(ps I am borrowing Hubs reading glasses so I can read the computer screen lol)

froebelsternchen said...

Wow, this Mexican food looks fabulous. Sounds like you had fun going out to eat at those fall season. Have a great Thursday! Big hugs
Susi

Divers and Sundry said...

And now I want Mexican food! That looks delicious. We had an amusement park here, too, and when it closed there was mourning. I can't imagine how it couldn't stay in business.

Jeanie said...

This looks like a fabulous place and I LOVE the image of the Joyland park. What a great name, too.

Thank you for coming over and leaving such wonderful comments. Never apologize for being late visiting, OK? Because we have lives and they get full and messy and obligated or we're just having fun and that's the point! But I'm always glad to see you and read your wonderful words!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

never like to see "landmarks" if you will being torn down. poor choice of wording using "landmarks" but...we had a "farmers market" here that no longer exists and I think everyone within a 50 mile radius was sadden to see it go ~ ♥♥☺☺

Meggymay said...

A great post, it sounds a super idea have outings like this and I'm sure you both must have enjoyed your meals out. The fair ground card looked lovely, its a shame when well loved venues have to close.
I am looking forward to seeing the places where you had your meals before Christmas.
The mexican meal looks delicious.
Yvonne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

What a great idea, that's a fun Christmas gift - I love it! Mexican foodis one of my favourites and this place looks wonderful, such good prices on the menu too 😁. I hope that you have had a lovely week. Have a great day! J 😊 x

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a great idea for you and Sally! The food here looks interesting...nd quite filling! Hugs Chrisx