Thursday, January 17, 2019

School's in session


I'm once again joining Alison/Craftytrog, our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  Her theme is Geometric Shapes, a theme I love, and she has asked us to make art that includes something geometric.  


This may be a bit of a stretch, but those fish are supposed to be geometric.

I was surprised how the "School's in session" turned out so red.  I guess photo editing did its job.   Now let's look at some close-ups of the school of fish.





The bubbles are definitely circles and geometric shapes.






For this page, I began with 110 lb cardstock (8.5 X 11 inch; 21,6 X 27,9 centimeter) that I colored using water soluble crayons.  I used them for the title, too.  The fish were painted using watercolors on printer/copier paper, then cut out.  I used the same glitter gel pen to write the title as I did the fish eyes.

Thanks for taking time to visit today. I'm so grateful for your support of my art.  Bleubeard and I hope to see you at Art Journal Journey and invite you to join us with a spread of your own. 


20 thoughtful remarks:

Sami said...

School of fish, very clever idea for the title Elizabeth.
Nice and colourful :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your little fishes, I miss my aquarium. Have a great day, Valerie

chrissie said...

Very happy and colourful page Elizabeth. Such a great play on words as well.

Have a great day

Love Chrissie xx

Rike said...

If my school time had been so colorful I want to go again! The bubbles and fish are definitely circles and geometric shapes, and it's a fact at school the fish learn about rectangles and circles - just now :)
Have a great day! Rike xx

craftytrog said...

I simply adore your school of brightly coloured fish Elizabeth! It's a wonderful page for my theme at AJJ.
Alison xox

Jeannette said...

loving your fishies page,looks so cute,remind me of my school time,the colors beautiful too.

happy day,dear elizabeth.


hugs jenny

My name is Erika. said...

I see ovals with 2 triangles for the tails. Shapes, right? I love fish and so this page is oe of my favorite that you have made this month. (Along with those triangle trees.) I saw the weather for Kansas City also. The cold might be better than all the snow and sleet coming this way on Sunday. (I could get up to 2 feet-oh my). Hard to say about that. I think the weather is a bigger media story than the game here. At least right now. Because it such a big storm. Guess we'll have to wait and see. Have a super day. Hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

A colorful and happy page that made me smile

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Very cute, Elizabeth. "School's in session." lol. Eileen

Cindy McMath said...

Love the pun, and these funky little fish gave me a big smile!

Sandra Cox said...

'Schools in Session.' OMG. You have my sense of humor.
Loved it:)

Divers and Sundry said...

I love your fish with those little bubbles. Such a clever idea :)

froebelsternchen said...

This is simply AMAZING Elizabeth! Your school of fishes reminds me of "Nemo"--- Wonderful ideas and perfectly put on the page!
A wonderful entry for AJJ dear Co.-Admin! WOW!

Big hugs, Susi

da tabbies o trout towne said...

our most fave o rite post EVER !!!!

sneekin round iz hard two day… but we due haz time ta say HI ~~~ 🙂 ♥♥ =^..^=

Meggymay said...

I love your wonderful school of fish, it must have taken you ages to cut them out. Its a fantastic page and the colour shades for the background are lovely.
Yvonne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Your school of fish are fantastic! The bright colours are very eye-catching and they all look like they are paying attention to their lesson too 😉. Have a great week and Happy Weekend! J 😊 x

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful pages and love that school of fishies...gorgeous and bright and so refreshing.x

Jeanie said...

I love the idea of school with the fish! Clever and fun. And your pink pond eally makes me smile!

pearshapedcrafting said...

This little school really made me smile!! Hugs, Chrisx

Neet said...

Love the colours you have used on this page Elizabeth. So bright and beautiful. I love the pink which has some rectangles in it and even if the fish are not really geometric shapes (I don't know) their eyes are circles as are the bubbles. So there you are I think it is definitely a geometric challenge page.
hugs, Neet xx
ps love the title of this - brilliant idea