Thursday, January 31, 2019

January complete and February ready in my never ending calendar and a huge THANK YOU!


I'd like to begin by thanking all of you for the wonderful comments you shared about my friend.  Rita left a comment that got me thinking about the situation with my friend. She hoped my friend's husband doesn't read my blog.

One of the reasons my friend called me was because I knew her in Omaha before she met and married her abusive husband.  We sent each other Christmas cards each year, but that was really the extent of things.  Although she shared information with me about her problems, I never wrote anything commenting on her problems to her.  I know a few people know my last name, but I never use it on my blog, so her husband would have NO reason to associate me with my blog or my last name.  Nor would he know me nor I know him if we passed each other on the street.  I didn't even have her e-mail address, so that was another reason she called me.  The final reason was because she knew she could trust me to do the right thing.  She told me when I got "there" that she had borrowed a cell phone from a friend to call me, so it wouldn't show on her bill.

Now for my wimpy calendar:

I always write in my calendar at the end of the day, so that is why the 31st isn't filled in.  I had to improvise for the days I was gone.  I hope you understand.  This is the scanned result of January, 2019.  You can see the top and bottom are cut off.

February, 2019 has been photographed and is now ready to be written in.  I was surprised to see some of the "snowflakes" had bled through this paper.

Before I forget, please dig out your Second on the 2nd post.  It can be anything you want to share, as long as it has been published on your blog sometime in the past.

Thank you again for your incredibly kind remarks.  I had intended to visit people yesterday, but after I ate, I fell asleep at the table.  I went upstairs to the office, but couldn't force myself to stay awake, even with a full cup of coffee in my system.  Again, I am SO grateful to each and every one who left a kind remark yesterday.  You have no idea how touched I am, but I somehow don't feel I did anything special, and don't deserve your overwhelmingly generous comments.

14 thoughtful remarks:

froebelsternchen said...

I hope your February will be more relaxed for you than these last days of January . I can imagine that you are still exhausted after this adventure.
Your February calendar is well prepaired!
May the days in February be full of joy for you my dear Co.-Admin and Mixed Media Queen!
Big hugs,
Susi

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely calendars, have fun filling in the new one. Glad you have been resting after your "exciting" journey. Valerie

Divers and Sundry said...

She's fortunate to have had someone she felt safe calling on, and it sounds like she was as careful in the process as it's possible to be. He'll be able to find her better by tracking down her relatives, which is scary. I've heard that women who go to anonymous shelters have their abusers find them there even though they are well-kept secrets, because the men grew up in abusive homes and went to the shelters with their mothers when they were young children. It's a shame it's necessary to change locations of shelters for that reason :( It's horrifying that the most danger to women is from the men closest to them :( I'm glad you were able to help, and I hope the husband lets her go.

I love seeing the tea cups on Tuesdays -makes me smile :)

Krisha said...

Your calendars always interest me. With the weather as it is, the leaking through of the snowflakes seems logical.....LOL!
Any act of kindness needs to be applauded these days, and you went above and beyond for a friend. BRAVO!

CJ Kennedy said...

You were very busy this month. Your February page just beckons to be filled. What's in store for you this month?

Meggymay said...

January will be a month I don't think you will be forgetting in a hurry. February's calendar looks lovely with the hearts you added and I hope it will be a relaxing and happy month for you.
Yvonne xx

Jeanie said...

It's odd, but the lion's share of the people who do the most special things, don't realize it's all that special. Just right. And in this day and age, right may be the most special of all.

Rita said...

I am so glad to hear that. You have to be so careful. I was in a relationship once where he threatened to shoot me. In another I once had a hammer brush my hair as it flew past my head. Men can be very dangerous.

Is it any wonder I have been happily alone since 1993--ROFL!

You are a true friend. Rest up. :)

My name is Erika. said...

I don't think your calendar is boring! It's always fascinating to see what others do. I like the cool snowy feel of your January page! Hope you've gotten some rest after your last few days and are staying warm in this polar vortex too. Hugs-Erika

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

That is certainly what I would call a full calendar! And I thought I was busy . . . Really wonderful that you could help your friend, and it does sound like she's safe and he won't knot how and where to find her. So sad, isn't it, that some people have to fear those whom once they thought loved them. I still shake my head that such things go on.

Lowcarb team member said...

I certainly hope you've had a good rest and relax after the time you had last month.

My good wishes for this new month of February.

All the best Jan

RO said...

I always enjoy looking at your calendar so much, and hope you take this weekend to rest and catch up on some television. HUGE Hugs and welcome back home! RO

Caty said...

Both calendars from January and February are simply fantastiques !! Love the hearts of February page, really great ! And I hope you will full it of fabulous moments.
Wish you a very nice afternoon,
Big hugs, Caty

Monica said...

You go Girl!

Love that calendar. you have been making journals etc for at past 10 years, I think. Do you keep them do you "worry" "will someone just burn them when I'm gone?" I think a recent medical diagnosis has prompted these thoughts in me and I just thought I would ask someone else who creates much the same as I do.
Monica