Saturday, January 19, 2019

Around my town


These photos were taken on December 30.

I had a hair appointment and was waiting for my favorite stylist who works every Sunday.  I couldn't believe how blurry this photo turned out, though.

Next it was off to see this.



I know you are wondering why in the world I wanted to drive here and see this.

Does this photo look familiar?

How about this?

Taken last spring!

This is all that is left of this once popular ball field. This is the stadium I brought the youngsters to last July.  Their father had brought two of them here before he left.  I told them the Stadium would be gone by the time they came back this year, so they wanted to get one last look at it.

It certainly didn't take them long to demolish it.  Just a month after given the contract, some construction company came in and razed Lawrence Dumont Stadium.

Thanks for allowing me to take you down memory lane today.

15 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

I've never heard of the stadium before but I'm sure a lot of people will miss it. Hairdressers here are never open on Sundays. It's very cold and frosty here again, and I'm happy I can stay home today. Valerie

chrissie said...

Such beautiful blue skies Elizabeth and a great look around to share with us. Our hairdressers don't open on Sunday at all and all but one close on Mondays as well as Sundays. Last time I counted we had 18 hairdressing shops and lots of people that do hair in your own home.Now we have about 6 Turkish Barbers that do ladies hair cuts as well. Lots of other shops are closing but you can always get your hair done.

Thank you for sharing the pics.

Have a great weekend

Love Chrissie xx

CJ Kennedy said...

it's amazing how quickly a building can be razed and equally amazing how fast a new building goes up in the same spot.

froebelsternchen said...

How quickly buildings can be demolished - unbelievable!
Do you know what they will build there now?
WOW - what a fab thing you can find an open hairdresser at Sunday. Here the most have closed Saturday afternoons , Sundays and even Mondays. Mine is at least open from Monday to Saturday. The most of them here want you also to make a time appointment - to me this feels like visiting a doctor. I have chosen a hairdressing salon without all this ado. I want to go there whenever I feel it would be the right day for mmy hair. Sometimes I have to wait a few minutes, but they offer coffee and water and there are many magazines to shorten the waiting time.
February is scheduled already if you want to have a look at it :)))

Big hugs and happy Saturday!
Susi

My name is Erika. said...

I wonder what they are going to build on that property. Another stadium? I hate to see when things like that happen, but they say it is progress. I hope it isn't another shopping center or like around here it would be a car dealership. And I'm with Susi, you are lucky to have a hairdresser who opens on Sunday. Not here either. A remnant of the old Puritan blue laws I guess. Happy Saturday. Hugs-Erika

kathyinozarks said...

Happy Saturday-wow that is amazing
stay safe and warm this weekend-Go Chiefs

Divers and Sundry said...

Are they building a new stadium? I'm continually amazed that what was state-of-the-art just a few short years ago is now old hat and fails to attract.

Mrs.B said...

Hi Elizabeth, Congratulations on your Top 5 spot with us at TioT.could you contact me at - avril_branthwaite@hotmail.com
Hope they're building something worthwhile on that site that will benefit the community.
Avril

Meggymay said...

A wonderful set of photos I remember your post with the stadium. When a building comes down the area looks much larger. I also wonder what they will be building. Have a good rest of the weekend.
Yvonne xx

Susan Kane said...

They will probably build a parking lot? You live in a flat land. Prairie?

Cappuccinoandartjournal.blogspot.com said...

Such blue sky!

Rita said...

They certainly can demolish a building in no time these days. Glad you go a chance to see it before it was gone. :)

Sami said...

That was quite a quick demolition job.
No hairdressers here on Sunday either.

Jeanie said...

Wow -- now you see it, now you don't. Boy, that sky is brilliant!

pearshapedcrafting said...

How sad that the stadium is gone! Usually when we site being cleared it is for yet another housing estate - do you know what is planned here? You are lucky to have a hairdresser open on a Sunday - my own hairdresser is only in on Fridays and Saturdays and as I prefer her that's when I have to go!!! Hugs, Chrisx