Friday, October 17, 2014

Journal 52, Week 42: Magic

This week at Journal 52 Chelle's prompt is Magic.  Can you believe we are already at Week 42?  Seems like we just got started and there are only 10 prompts left after this one.


My entry for this week is called "The magic hat trick."

I started with my used file folder which I spritzed with various handmade shimmering mists.  I made a futile attempt to create a top hat, but you have to use your imagination.  Or maybe you can pretend it's just the magic that distorted it.

My dear friend Cindy from Pink Bird Studio recently sent me several bowler hats.  It didn't take me long to find a use for one.   I fussy cut it so it could fit inside the top hat.

I used my dove stencil I made years ago to color the bird, then cut it out.

I created the words "The," "Hat," and "Trick" using my word processing program.  "Magic" was made using various stickers.




The week number was also made using stickers.  Originally I had planned to place them on a ticket I would add to the hat.  But I got a bit carried away, forgot, and glued the numbers down prematurely.

Here is one final look at my Magic Hat Trick.  Since I'm not on Facebook, Flickr, or any other social network except blogger, this is the only place you'll see it, and all J52 entries.

And since this spread is so bright and cheery, I'm linking (yes, an actual LINK) this to MOO-MANIA and MORE's "Bright and Cheerful" theme.  And if you like mixed media, you will LOVE MOO-MANIA and MORE.

8 thoughtful remarks:

froebelsternchen said...

I adore your magical page .. matches to the sunshine today peeking through my window!
♥ly thanks to you for supporting
MOO MANIA & MORE with another wonderful entry and I wish a great Saturday to you and Bleubeard♥♥♥
xxx
Susi

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Very creative! The background is absolutely magical!

Divers and Sundry said...

I like the shape of your magic hat! I think any difference between its shape and what you might see at a fancy party is easily explained by the rabbit moving around down in there somewhere. ;) Fun!

I think the magic theme was serendipitous for week 42, since "42" is "the answer" to everything in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe science fiction book. I look for 42s wherever I go, and this one is a sweet surprise :)

Caterina Giglio said...

Such creative imagery... very magical and your background is luscious... x

dawn said...

Hello Elizabeth, how are you? What a cool page you did here!! Great prompt and magic hat! Time is flying by for sure, can't believe it.
I just did my Tuesday post so I wouldn't miss it, will be busy the next two days so now I'm set. YAY!!
Hope your weekend is good and nicer weather then ours. brrr

Anonymous said...

Marvelous magic. A trick, a hat, a dove makes for a great page. xox

Vicki Miller said...

Yes, the year is getting on isn't it? Love your page- very creative.

Cindy McMath said...

Love this page Elizabeth, and I'm happy you've already found a use for one of the bowler hats!