Thursday, October 2, 2008

Hideaway

Since my camera batteries are still recharging, I picked up my Coll-AH-ge book and created another spread in it tonight. I’m nearly at the end of the book, which is a bit sad, but I’m really happy with the way it’s shaping up. I may have to start another collage oriented altered book after this one is full.
I call this piece "Hideaway." Doesn't this look like the perfect place where you could spend long hours hiding away from the noise and pollution of the world?
I began with a napkin and laid it on the glued page, but got it really crooked. When I tried to pull it up, it tore in several places. Not to be discouraged by this setback, I simply laid the torn pieces willy-nilly onto the page, then added the magazine image and word. I had to layer some extra napkin behind the bird because the part that was going to be behind it was blue and blended in too much with the bird.
Although this piece had its pitfalls, it was simple to make, and more than made up for not being able to play with stencils today.

1 thoughtful remarks:

Mary said...

Your altered book is lovely. I love the beautiful colors and the bird.

Mary