Wednesday, September 24, 2008

1338

After finding my backgrounds from a 2003 swap, I had an abundance of dryer sheet backgrounds I had made for that swap. Rather than pitch them, I decided to incorporate a few in my Coll-AH-ge book. I call this one 1338.

In addition to the dryer sheet background, I used a Dover print (thanks Kat) that I masked and spritzed with color washes. The number was cut from an airline luggage identification sticker. I used yellow acrylic to make the circles and copper fabric paint to make the dots and lines at the top. I need to practice squeezing the bottle, because that is hard to do with my lack of grip and squeeze power. I also need to remember to keep my fingers out of the paint before it dries. Yep, I was moving the book and picked it up at the bottom. It's always SO good to have a practice book to make and learn from mistakes.

0 thoughtful remarks: