Sunday, July 20, 2008

An assemblage for Halle

Remember way back on May 29, when I posted a sneak peek? It was supposed to go to my dear friend Halle who I was supposed to meet while on my trip. Sadly, it didn't happen, so I finally got it mailed to her. Now I can share it with you.

This was my first attempt at using the techniques of Kelly Ray Roberts. I really liked the way it turned out, too. I'm not always happy with what I make, but this turned out much better than I expected.
If you want to see how I made it, please click on the link above.

9 thoughtful remarks:

Halle said...

It's a beauty! And it's all mine!!!!

Debrina said...

This is FANTASTIC! Yay for Seth's latest collaboration! I've found you (well, you found me first, actually).

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

This IS wonderful, great background and details, plus that image - WOW! What a fantastic gift to give, bet you wanted to keep it :)

Unknown said...

When I clicked on the image to really see it I was blown away...

jill said...

And so, I too have been gifted to see all of your work not previously seen by me before. Love how you describe all of your techniques! Wonderful!
Jill

Chris said...

Halle is a lucky girl. And I think you did Roberts proud. I love her style and technique and you've really brought your sensibility to it! great texture and color.

ArtPropelled said...

Clicked to enlarge....fantastic assemblage! The dress intrigues me the most.

Seth said...

Beautiful. Love the patchwork background and of course all the layers!!

3rdEyeMuse said...

sorry it's taken me forever to get here ... it was definitely worth showing up for! i think this assemblage is really great!