Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sunday's collAHge

I'm not sure what I want to name this spread, but right now it's "Flower Girl." Easter seal faux postage stickers and a magazine image are all I used to make this. I tried to line the stickers up, but if I got one crooked, I couldn't remove it to reposition it.
"Set the table" started with Christmas wrapping paper. My friend Sally and I exchanged Christmas gifts yesterday, so I had to make something using leftover wrapping paper. Since I love diagrams, this Christmas napkin ring and corresponding diagram from a Martha Stewart catalog caught my eye.
The background for this spread is some really yummy handpainted paper that has the most adorable texture and feel to it. The image and words are from a science book, and the mats are spray painted green and gold cardboard left over from another project.
It had to happen sooner or later. I just couldn't continue using paper scraps only, and finally had to add a few dimensional items to this spread I call "What's in your wallet?" I colored, then crumpled the fake money. I cut the plastic credit card with kitchen shears. Once again I seem to have covered up a design element. I began by folding the green cardstock, treating it like a well worn prize that someone removed from a wallet often to look at its contents. However, when I was finished with the spread, not much of the aged and worn look showed through.

1 thoughtful remarks:

Anonymous said...

I'm in love with the flower girl.