Friday, September 7, 2007

A birthday card for a dear friend



I have this dear friend who is a huge proponent of the 2nd Amendment. He has a unqiue sense of humor. Both sides of the card were glazed (dark and light blue), then I ran the card thru my printer. The outside reads "I've often heard you say they can take your gun when they pry it from your cold, dead, hand." I used clear detail EP on the outside of the card only.





Although I normally give him a gift of my art, I found a pocket knife recently that celebrates 200 years of the US Constitution . It has "We the People," the dates 1787-1987, and an eagle on it. I thought the eagle was appropriate for the back of the card. I think he'll like the knife, even though he doesn't usually like to receive gifts.

The inside was made the same as the front and back. I added stickers for effect. The sentiment reads "Until then, celebrate each day by shooting any bugger that gets in your way."



.

1 thoughtful remarks:

Anonymous said...

This is a hoot. I love the background and your humour.