Monday, July 13, 2020

T Stands For Party Time


It's party time.  T Stands For Tuesday turns SEVEN today.  I'm simply thrilled how long this party has lasted and how many of you have joined in since I started this seven years ago.  For that, I thank each and every one of you for making it a joy for me.  I sincerely hope it's been fun for you each Tuesday, too.

Since Bleubeard was involved in the original and very first T Stands For Tuesday, he asked if he could also participate in this one.  He chose a beautiful, albeit empty tea cup with a carousel horse on it and joined the seventh annual T Stands For Tuesday party.

I realize some of you added your asterisk (*) last week, but THIS is the week you will add it.  PLEASE read the rules below BEFORE you link.

We will have a pay it forward type swap.  You do NOT have to join the swap.  NO ONE will think any less of you if you don't or can't.  We'll totally understand.  The rules are easy.  IF you are planning to send an ATC:

1.  Have the ATC you plan to exchange ready to go.
2.  When you link, be sure to add an asterisk (*) after your name if you are sending an ATC.
3.  The next person on the list whose name has an asterisk (*) after it will be the person you send your ATC to.  It's called Pay-It-Forward.  Contact that person either on their blog or through e-mail to get their mailing address.
4.  The person with an asterisk (*) after it whose name is before yours will contact you for your mailing address.
5.  Since you want your ATC participant to be surprised, please don't show your ATC until you know your recipient has received it.  We'll have a reveal party on the 27th/28th.
6.  If you are NOT making an ATC for the swap, add your name only without an asterisk.
7. This week and this week only, we will use Inlinkz.  The reason is simple.  As many of you learned last week, you (and I) have no way to remove your link in Mr. Linky should you forget your asterisk (*).  Inlinkz provides you with that option.
8.  Please add your NAME ONLY under "CAPTION" (and your asterisk if applicable) this week and not the name of your blog post.  It's going to be too confusing otherwise. 
9.  The above instructions in #8 above caused a bit of confusion for some.  Let me be specific.  When using Inlinkz, the CAPTION is automatically your blog post title.  PLEASE delete the caption Inlinkz provides and add only your name and asterisk (if applicable).
10.  I asked everyone in my comment last week to do this, so PLEASE don't think I singled any of you out.






You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter


29 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Happy 7th birthday T Tuesday. Bleubeard has found himself a fine place to sit and celebrate. Here's to the next 7 years - or more! Have a happy day! Valerie

Eileen Bergen said...

Happy 7th birthday, Elizabeth. It's nice to see Bleubeard who was there at the beginning. Thank you for all you do to keep this group going. Tuesday T and the ladies who visit have become a very important part of my life. I guess that's even more true these days of (seemingly) endless isolation.

Hugs, Eileen

kathyinozarks said...

Happy 7th T birthday. I really enjoy this party. and nice to see Bleubeard today.
Your event was a blogging life line for me Elizabeth. I always loved blogging and then facebook came about and All of my friends left blogging to go there-This blogging platform is difficult to find friends-so this event has brought me new artist friends and has been such a joy. I look forward to T each week. Hugs Kathy

Mae Travels said...

Seven years is a very good lifetime for a blog party! Congratulations!

I think that the linky tool today is a very predatory version, which creates its own page for each blog post instead of linking to the participant's blog directly. I hope you go back to a linking tool that connects to the actual blogs, rather than turning each post into self-advertising for the linker! It seems to create its own page whether a person followed your direction and gave only their name, or whether they specified a longer post title.

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Linda Kunsman said...

such a sweet photo. Happy 7th dear Elizabeth and thank you for hosting and giving us such a welcoming gathering place!!
I have already sent my ATC to Erika, and Lisca emailed me and is sending her ATC out to me- we went by our asterisk marks on last week's post. Uh oh, did we mess up??

CJ Kennedy said...

Happy 7th T Anniversary. Bleubeard chose a gorgeous cup. And T Tuesday is my favorite blog day. Thank you for hosting this amazing event Happy T Day

Jeanie said...

I love your interpretation of Bleubeard in the cup. It's perfection (but then, look at the model you had to work with!)

Mia said...

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to TIOT, Elizabeth!!! We look forward for 7, 17 or even 70 more years!!! I love Bleubeard's photo in the cup! Kisses, my dear friend.

Valerie-Jael said...

I hope you are happy now! Off to the eye-clinic for a check up....

aussie aNNie said...

Sweet post and love he birthday photo.xx

Iris Flavia said...

Happy, happy Birthday! Let´s go merry-around (OK, I´ll watch, my stomach can´t do this no more).
Thank you for hosting and teaching, for all the fun. Happy T-Day!

Meggymay said...

First of all Happy Birthday, hope its a great day and thank you for being wonderful hosts for this weekly gathering.
Second an apology, I was sure I followed everything you wrote about linking and still it turned out wrong, I am not entering the pass it on this year. so I will consider it a bonus that I got here using this crazy computer of mine. Oh boy.... do I need a new one.
More could do better comments to add to my report.
Happy T day
Yvonne xx

Meggymay said...

Hi, I have sat myself on the naughty step.
No way can I work out how to alter the linky to just my name.
If it is causing to many problems, please just go and delete my link up and I'll try again later.

pearshapedcrafting said...

What an excellent choice of photo for your 7th T Day hosting! This weekly meet up means so much to us and Thank You for being the most genial host! Happy 7th T day, Hugs, Chrisx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Happy 7th T-Day Anniversary Bleubeard and Elizabeth! I'm glad you continue to host this challenge, because it is fun and everyone is very welcoming in this group. Teddy said he loves the tea cup and cat inside of it.

My name is Erika. said...

Happy 7 years of tea, and hopefully 7 more! Bleubeard picked a great mug. Hope all is well, a thunderstorm has blown in here so I am keeping this short. Hugs-Erika

Sharon Madson said...

Happy 7th, Elizabeth! Lovely post for the anniversary! I hope I am not too late to join in the ATC swap! Oh, and I did get your message. Thank you for the interesting explanation. :)

Kate Yetter said...

So glad that you are started T Tuesday! Happy Anniversary. And I love the teacup with the horse.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Divers and Sundry said...

Happy 7th!

The link tool wants me to sign in with Facebook or create a separate sign-in with Google or open an account with them. I'll come back later and see if it makes more sense then lol

Eileen Bergen said...

I'm back to answer your questions.

The custom cut glass was 270 MXN (about $13 USD). Chris got the elephant table for $75 USD with free shipping. This one is finely shaped, just beautiful craftsmanship. Years ago, we bought an elephant head basket, which is in the same room. So I guess we've got a theme going here.

I've had reflexology before that was very relaxing and comfortable so I was delighted with Dianne's very generous gift. But not the masseuse. It was very painful.

I'm drinking Gatorade because my electrolytes are out of balance.

Nice chatting with you ;-) Hugs, Eileen

Halle said...

Wow 7 years! Crazy how time flies. Bleubeard is a handsome fella no matter where he chooses to sit. :)
Happy T day!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

Elizabeth and bleu; happy 7th to you and here's to the next 77 !!! the photo with today's post is awesome !! :) ♥♥

Divers and Sundry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, can't believe that TSFT is 7 today - many congratulations! So glad that Bleubeard is not the only one in a teacup today ...lol 😀. Happy serendipity and sending you very happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Divers and Sundry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
J said...

Hi Elizabeth, Happy 7th Birthday, love the photo of bleubeard in the tea cup.
Have a great week
Jan x

Sandra Cox said...

I love this piece! Purrfect.

Lisca said...

Congratulations and happy anniversary to all! I can't believe it's 7 years already. I have not been joing in for all of those 7 years, but a good few years I'm sure.
I love your special cup with the caroussel horse on it. Beautiful!
I still haven't had the chance to do an ATC as I can't find my box with all my bits and pieces. So I am bowing out, seen that I had got the week wrong anyway. Sorry Elizabeth.
How is you eye? You don't mention it at all. I hope all is well and that you don't have any lasting damage.
Happy (belated) T-Day,
Lisca

Mia said...

Of course I meant HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to TSFT!!!!!!!!!
Oh my God! Where was my mind?