Tuesday, June 2, 2020

T Stands For a Second Look


READ THIS FIRST, PLEASE!  IF YOU ARE HERE ONLY FOR T TUESDAY, PLEASE GO TO MY PREVIOUS POST AND ADD YOUR LINK.  IF YOU ARE HERE ONLY FOR SECOND ON THE 2ND, ADD YOUR LINK BELOW. HOWEVER, IF YOUR T TUESDAY AND SECOND LOOK ARE THE SAME, ADD IT BOTH PLACES.   IT APPEARS I HAVE CONFUSED A FEW PEOPLE BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T READ THE FINE PRINT.

Please note, if your Second on the 2nd post is the same as your T Tuesday post, PLEASE add it both places. 

If this post looks familiar, it's because it's the same as my T Tuesday post.  I needed two of these so you can link using Inlinkz here and Mr. Linky on the T Tuesday post.

I went looking for a T Tuesday post I could reshare that would double as my Second on the 2nd.  I considered sharing one of the many restaurants my foodie friend Sally and I had gone to in the past, but decided against that.  Most of us are surely reminiscing about a favorite restaurant we can no longer go to for whatever reason (such as it went bankrupt during the outbreak or like me, you don't trust either take-out or dining in a potentially dangerous situation where people have to remove their masks in order to partake of food and drink).  In the end, I decided on a post showing a fun annual event that won't happen this year.   Here is my T Tuesday Second Look from last summer I called:

T Stands For Birthday Bash
 
One day while the children were here (and NO, I'm not going to say which day), we celebrated a birthday.

I was no longer in charge of two teens and a tween, but am happy to say the youngest is now a teen, too.

These children are so diverse.  They LOVE everything I throw at them, from art to botanical gardens to finding murals in town to the science museum to the library to the youngest's joy of baking.

Heaven only knows from where this baking craze came.  The child's mother thought of food in terms of how long it took to heat or prepare something in the microwave, and I'm certainly not fond of baking, or even cooking for that matter, even though I have hundreds of cookbooks.

The youngest prepared and baked these muffins for each of us.  I've been given the exact measurements and instructions used.  I was given the recipe as written out (computer generated) by the youngest.  BTW, the cup and saucer are evidence of my soon-to-be drink.


Raisin bran muffins
This recipe makes six muffins
Ingredients 

1/4 cup vegetable oil (I used canola), plus more for baking tin if not using paper liners
3/4 cup milk (but I used half and half because that's all Elizabeth had) 
1 1/2 cups raisin bran cereal  
1 cup all-purpose flour (be sure it's level)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I let the teaspoon overflow because I love cinnamon)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 large egg, beaten
1/4 cup packed dark-brown sugar (I added a bit more because I didn't level the measuring cup)
4 teaspoons quick cooking oats (optional, for decoration purposes)*

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 400. Lightly oil a 6-cup standard muffin tin, or use paper liners like I used. In a medium bowl, combine cereal and milk.  Let stand until softened, about 5 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
  2. Stir oil, egg, and brown sugar into cereal mixture. Fold in flour mixture. Divide batter among cups.  Sprinkle a few quick cooking oats on top of each muffin batter.  Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in muffin tin 5 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.  Let cool completely, or serve warm.
*This was the youngster's idea of adding a bit of decoration to the muffins, since they seemed so plain sitting unbaked in their liners.
____________________________________________________________________

I'm not sure which of us is more disappointed, but I'm NOT going to put these teens in danger by getting on an airplane where people don't care for others or their own safety by not wearing a mask.  And if you've ever flown, you know the air in the cabins is recirculated, which to me is a scary thought. 

Now it's time to share your own Second on the 2nd.  The rules are quite simple and everyone is welcome to join the fun look back.  All you have to do is bring back a post that you are especially proud of, or perhaps one you shared before anyone knew your blog existed.  Any post, any genre, any artistic endeavor is acceptable.  Then link below (direct links only, please) and Bleubeard and I, along with other Second on the 2nd friends, will be by to visit.  Please be aware this link is only open for five days, so linking on the 2nd is preferred.
 



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter


11 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Elizabeth, the link is not working, sorry. Here is my entry:
https://bastelmania-craftattack.blogspot.com/2020/06/2nd-on-2nd.html

Valerie

If you get the link working perhaps you can add it for me!

Iris Flavia said...

Birthday Bash sounds wonderful! :-)
I have to say, I had many cookbooks but gave many away, as Jamie Oliver really taught me how to cook "just like that".
But today... I show you a cookbook :-)

J said...

Hi Elizabeth, I can't find the link either so I will post here too.

https://craftyscorpio.blogspot.com/2020/06/t-for-tostada-con-tomate.html

Love those buns and the pretty cups and saucer.
Happy T Day
Jan x

Lisca said...

I wouldn't want to fly now either. For the same reasons you have given. I have just watched a video from Easyjet, a European low-cost airline, and they were raving about those special filters they have put in their air circulating system. They claim they filter out 99,97% of all bacteria and viruses. I will have a word with my stepson, who is an engineer specialized in industrial filters, to hear if that is indeed realistic or just advertising bull sh...
Yes, I remember those muffins well, and the fact that you gave the recipe. More so the fact that they were made by such a young person, whom you later gifted a cook book if I am not mistaken.
I'm sorry I'm a bit later than usual to the Second on the 2nd. I confess I was doing other things last night and i totally forgot to prepare something. Oh well....
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

Valerie-Jael said...

When I first visited there was no link, just a notice that Inlinkz service wasn't available!

J said...

Hi Elizabeth, thanks for linking me up I was confused by the two posts, ha,ha, a senior moment I think, thanks for your earlier visit, I appreciate your kind comments too.
We only have breakfast out as they are very clean, they sanitize all the tables and chairs and their gloves constantly, every time anyone finishes and leaves she cleans everything before any one else sits down, apart from that we aren’t eating out. I’m still doing all the shopping to keep Steve away from any one as much as possible but our area hasn’t had any deaths or new cases for about eight days now, what a relief,
Take care dear friend, take care
Jan x

DVArtist said...

OK so it is not just me, I can't get to the link either. :)

da tabbies o trout towne said...

the muffin recipe sounds great !!! happy belated birthday and much happiness in the year ahead :)

Sami said...

The cupcakes look delicious Elizabeth.

Caty said...

Great post, these muffins are so yummy!
Nice second on second.
Have a great Thursday and big hugs
Caty

RO said...

Looks familiar and still yummy!(lol) Hugs, RO