Monday, October 15, 2018

T Stands For Mulligan's


Today we are returning to Mulligans.

We've been here before, and this time we found it easily.  Although I didn't have anything alcoholic to drink, anyone who advertises Guinness on their door has my approval.  Give me a stout and I'll probably drink it (unless I'm driving), but all other beer tastes like warmed over mouth wash.

Some of you will remember this statue of Marilyn Monroe that graces the entrance of Mulligan's.  As much as I adore this stunning piece that reminds me of alabaster, I fail to see how it relates to Mulligan's.   I guess I've been watching too many "Halloween Wars," a "sort of" cooking show on the food network, where the judges nitpick over the most trivial details.  It opened my eyes to things I may have overlooked in the past.

Once we ordered, I took photos of the painting that graced all the walls in the restaurant.  This mural WAS appropriate.










It was at that point I backed up far enough to notice all the tees on the wall covering the photos behind them.

This is where Sally and I sat.  You can see the waitress has brought my water with lemon

and a beer for Sally.

This was her cheese and mushroom pizza, but she was nice enough to wait for mine to arrive, along with another beer she had ordered.  Yes, I was the designated driver.  My pizza was cheese, peppers, tomatoes, and black olives.  Although I'm not fond of a thick crust, this one was between thick and thin, so I didn't mind it. 

It's now time for you to share your own drink related post.  Feel free to discuss anything. Your post may include photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, as long as it in some way relates back to a drink, any drink.  Then, please link your story below.  The photos don't have to be taken on Tuesday, and can relate to anything with a drink.  Please use the direct link to your T post, not your blog in general, so we can find you easily.


 
(Don't forget to check the accept box before linking)

32 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

That looks like a fun place to go for a drink, and the pizza looks great, too. Do they serve coffee as well? Happy T Day, Valerie

johanna said...

the mural itself makes it worth to go there! thanks for sharing these photos! and the pizza really looks deli! happy t-day:)

Meggymay said...

The wall painting were well worth going back to see. Great photos it made me think of the Irish bars we visited in Dublin[Ireland] when our son lived over there. Always, full, music and laughter and everyone having a super time. thanks for jogging my memories.
The pizza looked delicious and yours sounded like it had a tasty topping as well .
Happy T day wishes.
Yvonne xx

Barbara said...

Looks like a really fun place to visit! Enjoyed the photos.

CJ Kennedy said...

This is new to me. What a fabulous pub! The murals are great and so is Marilyn. Maybe the pub owners want Mulligans to be as iconic as the image of Marilyn from "The Seven Year Itch." I'll whine about the beer as I prefer wine. The pizza looks really good. I love pizza. Thick crust, thin crust, it's all good. Happy T Day

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm quite taken with the murals. I love it when a restaurant really works towards a comprehensive decor -so I'm agreeing that Marilyn might wanna find a different place ;) -but these murals are perfect. It's good I'm not there with you or I'd be eating Sally's pizza lol It looks delicious. It looks like a place to come back to. Fun! Happy T Day!

Lisca said...

Oh what a great place! I'd love to join you for a drink there (If you are driving of course, so I can have a drink) I would like a Murphey's. That is an Irish stout, but I don't know if they have that in the States.
The mural is wonderful, and the pizza looks yummy, although I too would prefer a thinner one.
Sally doesn't look very happy actually, but I'm sure she was enjoying her drink if she ordered a second one.
Have a happy T-Day,
Lisca

Barbara said...

Elizabeth...I felt like I was thinking too much about the comment thing, and got it all out of my blog. I am settled on whatever works for me. I agree, we should all “find our best way“ because things could display differently for others. So many variables, computers, devices and settings. Nothing can be counted on to be the same for all.
Making a comment here opens on what looks like a full page, it doesn’t minimize to a pop up for me by dragging to the center, but it works for me well. To answer your question, no there isn’t a “show original post” option on this full page.

kathyinozarks said...

what an awesome looking place-your pizza looks so delicious!

Linda Kunsman said...

well, now that you have me hungry for pizza....:) and a Guinness it would be for me;)
It is odd having the Marilyn sculpture at this place. But the murals are so wonderful and fun- so pub-like! I loved looking at them all. Thanks for sharing and happy T day!

Kate Yetter said...

The murals are so large and colorful! I love it! And the pizza looks delicious! It has been a while since I had a good pizza and this picture makes me so hungry!
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

My name is Erika. said...

I love the paintings on the walls. It makes a great western atmosphere. Perfect for a pub. How was your pizza? Sally's looks good so I am guessing yours was too. Have a great T day. Hugs-Erika

Rita said...

OH, that pizza looks delicious!!! Now I'm hungry for pizza--LOL! ;)

Helen said...

looks like a great place to eat; the pizza looks fab.

chrissie said...

Mulligan's looks like agreat place to eat Elizabeth. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Have a very happy T Day

Thank you for commenting at Jumbled Crafts

Love Chrissie xx

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely post, the pizza doesn't look to bad either.x

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

What a cool looking pub Mulligan's is! I love all the wall art! As for what Marilyn Monroe has to do with Mulligan's? I had to smile. People are obsessed with her. My husband and I went to Braga, Portugal and ate at a restaurant (Taverna Felix), and there is a reproduction of one of the squares in Andy Warhol's pop art painting of Marilyn Monroe.

Let's Art Journal said...

That's a wonderful place, such fun! I love the Marylin Monroe statue too and the murals look amazing 😀. The beer and pizza looks so yummy - perfect! I'm glad you had a great time and wishing you the happiest of T Tuesdays! J 😊 x

Caty said...

This is a nice place Elizabeth !! These wall paintings are fabulous and so colorful!! The pizza looks tasty, My son looooves pizzas, I´m not very fond of them, but sometimes... I eat half one.
Thank you very much for sharing these so beautiful photographs with us.
I wish you a very happy day, big hugs, Caty

Halle said...

Pizza and beer...my kind of dinner. :)
Hope you saw my message and it helped.
Happy T day!

Nancy said...

It would have been interesting to watch the mural being painted. I'm sure it took quite some time with all the details. Pizza looks real good!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

I don't recall seeing Mulligan's before. I love all the murals. They're fabulous. Thanks for catching my psi mistake. That is a paid post so it's bread and butter for us ;-)

I'm going to be making more of those zipper cases since you suggested that great tape. I bought a roll in Texas and when I went to our local Walmart in Ajijic yesterday, there it was in the hardware department. lol.

You're a gem, Elizabeth. I'm so happy to know you :D

Happy T-day. Hugs, Eileen

Dianne said...

My mouth is watering from the photo of that pizza! looks so good... the murals in that restaurant are really well done, I'm sure they took quite a lot of work! sorry I've been missing in action lately, but my journal pages will be self explanatory. ;) happy Autumn dear friend!! ♥

Sharon Madson said...

I am late, but at least here this week! LOL I will have to begin a list of all the places you go to eat that I haven't even heard of or been to! Like one day last week that bakery. Got to go there. Your photos are always so good, too. Mine aren't. I guess I am not a good photographer! Happy T Day, Elizabeth!

froebelsternchen said...

The mural itself was well worth going back there and the mushroom pizza looks really yummie! Happy T-Day my freind!
Hugs, Susi

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love the mural and the food looks good too! As usual I am dashing - for good reason though - as you will soon find out!! Hugs, Chrisx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

What a fab place Elizabeth, those painted walls really remind me of an old Tavern awesome illustrations. You'd never be alone in there even if you were hee hee!! Happy T Day.. Hugs Tracey xx

Barbara said...

I tried to find the x, square and flat line here in the comment box. Nothing like that to see here on my screen. I think it’s not possible to figure this all out, so many things are different for so many of us.

Sami said...

Beautiful murals in the pub Elizabeth, worthwhile a visit just for that!
Not a beer drinker at all, will drink a glass of wine once in a blue moon...
I like pizza but prefer the thin crust.

Lowcarb team member said...

Looks a fabulous, fun place and I do like the colourful murals.
Isn't the statue of Marilyn Monroe brilliant.

All the best Jan

Marfi-topia said...

what an interesting place! I love that you share your adventures with us.
oh that pizza looks incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This looks like a great place to eat. I love the artwork on the walls.