Monday, August 13, 2018

T Stands For Shades of Alice


By now you might be aware that the handsome and lovable Bleubeard and I are hosting Art Journal Journey this month.  My theme is count your blessings.


I admit I wasn't thinking about Alice in Wonderland

when I created this page to honor fellow bloggers who join me every Tuesday for T. 

Instead I was thinking how blessed I am to be sharing a common bond

and a genuine bond of camaraderie  

based on drinks and drink related posts.

For this page, I began with an ad from a local grocery store, then added more ads of drinks.  I stamped and cut the apple from a piece of red printer paper.  Then I wrote the words on that same paper and added them, realizing the sentiment sounded very much like something out of Alice in Wonderland.  Thanks to my T Tuesday blogging friends, I am truly blessed and know it.

Now that you know how blessed I am, it's your turn to share a drink related post.  Feel free to discuss anything. Your post may include photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, as long as it in some way relates back to a drink, any drink.  Then, please link your story below.  The photos don't have to be taken on Tuesday, and can relate to anything with a drink.  Please use the direct link to your T post, not your blog in general, so we can find you easily.


Bleubeard and I are thrilled you chose to spend some time with us today and hope to see you at Art Journal Journey, too.

34 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

What an original page you have created for today. Happy T Day, Valerie

johanna said...

eat me, drink me... i was immediately thinking of Alice... great idea! happy t-day!

Meggymay said...

Yes, those words are shouting Alice to me as well. It is a fabulous page using the advertising paper.
What really struck me was the cost of the food, it seems so much more affordable in your stores , for example the Limes 10 for $1, I would be lucky to get 3 for that price here.
Happy T day wishes, you have given us a lovely variety of drinks to choose from today, but as we have had some welcome rain and its been cooler today, I'll have a coffee with some coffee mate on top.
Yvonne xx

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

What a sweet page, Elizabeth. You always put great messages in your pages, index cards, and journal pages. You're thoughtful in every sense of the word ;-)

Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

Divers and Sundry said...

I have felt so blessed to have been welcomed and included in this blogging community. You're the best, most inclusive and encouraging host I've ever known. You are a blessing :) Happy T Tuesday!

Lisca said...

Yes, we are very blessed. I feel very blessed to be part of your T for Tuesday.
In a different sense I feel very blessed because we (in the developed world) have such an abundance of food available.
Looking at your page, I also thought of Alice in Wonderland (I think everyone did) and I also noticed how cheap it all was compared to what we pay. Perhaps the pages are very old?
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

Kate Yetter said...

Yes, totally made me think of Alice. So glad that we get to spend Tuesdays together sharing with each other. I am blessed to have met so many wonderful ladies. Love your additions to your grocery ad.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Halle said...

That is fun! And yes...Alice in Wonderland was the first thing that came to mind. :)
Happy T Day!

kathyinozarks said...

Awesome page Elizabeth,
You are an excellent host for our T Party-and I am so grateful to have found you. You share so much with us and I am always learning something new
Happy T wishes
Hugs Kathy

My name is Erika. said...

Clever drink page. I love how you thought to use a newspaper style add for your page. That is smart. It makes such a great background. And I am glad you included some diet coke-smile. Yup, and it could add a little Alice in Wonderland on it too. But I guess that's not really T day related. Hope you have a great T day, Hugs-Erika

sheila 77 said...

Hello Elizabeth and Bleubeard. Happy Tea Day!
We are blessed that you organise these days for us. I am looking forward to visiting everyone and maybe having a nice cup of tea.
lots of love
Sheila

aussie aNNie said...

All that yummy food on this fabulous page.x

froebelsternchen said...

What a wonderful page with a great message again! I feel really blessed to be part of your T for Tuesday.
Happy T-Day and happy Art Journal Journey my friend!
Hugs, Susi

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I do not think there are many that would not be reminded of Alice and her wonderland with the words *Drink me* *Eat Me* All delicious and a necessity to help us thrive. Fabulous page Elizabeth & Bleubeard of course..
Although I do not participate it's always good to catch up with those I'm lucky enough to visit and wish EVERYONE else a Happy T Day..
Hugs Tracey xx

Meggymay said...

I'm calling back to mention that the photos of Sizergh could be familiar to you as Chris has shared a number of beautiful photos in the past. As for the grounds looking 'green' it was June when we visited so the lack of rain wasn't so telling as it became in the weeks that followed.
Have a lovely day today.
Yvonne xx

chrissie said...

You have chosen a very beautiful theme for AJJ Elizabeth and your page is terrific

Have a happy T DAY and I hope to be joining in again sometime

Thank you for commenting at Jumbled Crafts

Love Chrissie xx

Let's Art Journal said...

It's always fun to visit with the T Gang and I feel very blessed too 😁. I also feel blessed to have you as our host, thank you! Your page is wonderfuk, that's such a great way to recycle the advertisement and the words you added are perfect - Happy T Day! J 😊 x

RO said...

What a cool way to remind us to eat healthy, Dear Elizabeth! Your ideas should be added to grocery ads. I'll bet a lot more people would pay attention to them! Hugs...RO

Darla said...

It does look like something Alice might have found in her local newspaper. Lots of fun and I enjoyed looking at prices for comparison. Happy Tea Tuesday my friend, its been awhile.

Caty said...

This Art page is absolutelly wonderful Elizabeth !!! very original with all those so good food and drink !! Love the apple !! Lovely creation!!
i wish you a very nice day, too hot here!!
Big hugsss, Caty

jinxxxygirl said...

Well i daresay Elizabeth we each feel blessed to have found you! What a unique and lovely page... Gotta love that Alice! Happy T day! And thank you for the suggestion of where to sign my name on the painting.. Hugs! deb

Cindy McMath said...

What a fun page, and lovely tribute to your “T” friends. I thought of Alice in Wonderland with the words you added. :)

CJ Kennedy said...

Such a fun page. I'm so glad I found you and Bleubeard and this meme. I look forward to Tuesdays.

Dianne said...

You are a true blessing to us as well! I've met a unique group of bloggers through you, who are kind and giving each week for the T party... great page for T day, and lots of fun beverages shown...I would gladly share a diet Coke or cup of coffee with you! hugs from Ohio!

Gibby Frogett said...

Great page Elizabeth and great recycling of the adverts..
love your ideas.
Enjoy your T-day :)
Gill x

kathyinozarks said...

Your beans sound delicious too! these beans went over so well that I think everyone had 2 and 3 helpings-I think thats why I have so much potato salad left over lol
I did leave your comment over on Eileens page-

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Sorry for your trouble commenting on my site today, Elizabeth. Your troops came through - both Deb and Kathy - like real troopers - lol. So I got your lovely comment. Thank you for all the trouble you went to. You're amazing!

Sandra Cox said...

Another great blessing.

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love this colourful page! I see you found Coke bottles!! Love the unintentional Alice reference!! Hugs, Chrisx

Karla B said...

Your page reminded me of Alice in Wonderland. It is good to be back again!Hope everything is under control, my friend!

Sharon Madson said...

Love Alice and Wonderland and your page! I am either really late, or everyone is really early! I guess it is Tuesday night! I was thinking it was Monday night! Happy T Day Elizabeth. I hope you will be getting some happy mail this week. :)

Barbara said...

Lol, I tried to “Reply” to you on my blog, and couldn’t. Ugh. Anyhow, here it is, ...just saying I’m also a Lavender drop out! The milk cartons are a good idea. Maybe in the spring? Thanks!

Jeanie said...

I love your Eat Me apple. What a fun page this is and how clever you are to think of it all!

Jackie PNeal said...

Oh Elizabeth! This page is just pure fun! And we just had an Alice weekend at my home, I will have to share this post with my art friends!
Hugs,Jackie xx