Monday, June 18, 2018

T Stands for Margarita's


Today we are returning to Margarita's.

Sally and I have been here before, but due to her selective memories, she doesn't remember the bad experience we had the last time we were here.

I was just hoping for a better experience than the last time we were here.

We came on a Saturday after braving the craft show and book fair.  I was hot and thirsty, which accounts for the inordinate number of photos I took of the water we both drank.  We were unable to eat from the lunch menu, since it was only weekdays from 11-3.   Sally ordered the taco salad,

and I had the tres amigos, which were cheese and onion enchiladas, topped with cheese and baked.  The three were served with beans and rice.

We both ordered ice water, 

and it appears

I became so engrossed in photographing it, I failed to get any photos of our food.

Now it's your turn to share a drink related post.  Your post may include photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, as long as it in some way relates back to a drink, any drink.  Please share your direct link below and Bleubeard and I, along with the rest of the T gang will be by to visit.

From what the majority of players last week seemed to want, this year, IF you want to make an ATC to share, please add the country from which you will be mailing your ATC.  For example: Sherry Smith (UK) would indicate the player lived somewhere in the UK AND wanted to exchange an ATC with others in her/his country.  Should you choose to NOT want to exchange an ATC, please share only your name.  Instead of Mr. Linky, for that week only, we will use Inlinkz, so if you make a mistake, you will be able to remove your own wrong entry and add the correct one, instead. The 5th year anniversary party will be week 260.  This is week 256, if I've counted correctly.  That means you have FOUR weeks until the big party and ATC exchange.


Please don't forget to check the Accept box before pressing Enter.

27 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

I hope the food you got wasn't too bad this time round. Nothing better than water to quench a big thirst. Happy T Day, Valerie

johanna said...

hahaha, selective memories... i know that;) and failing to take photos though i really wanted it - i know that, too *g*
happy t-day, dear elizabeth! ♥♥♥

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Selective memories - lol. You didn't say whether the food was better this time, but I know it's annoying not to be allowed to order from the menu you want just because it's a weekend. Hubby & I walked out of a restaurant we'd been to many times, because they decided to start serving only from the more expensive dinner menu at 2 PM. I don't think we were the only ones, because that policy didn't last long!

Happy T-Day, Elizabeth! Hugs, Eileen

Meggymay said...

I hope you enjoyed your food on this visit, your choice did sound quite delicious. Iced water is really thirst quenching as well on hot days.
I am grinning at the thought of selective memories, I had an aunt who used to do that often. As for taking the photo of the meal I am terrible at remembering to do that. possibly because I am enjoying the food too much.
Happy T day wishes. Elizabeth.
Yvonne xx

kathyinozarks said...

I hope you enjoyed your food this time too I thought that was funny too about selective memory-sometimes that can be a good thing.
thanks for the link you left on my post-I will check that out soon. just to make sure I am reading that right-we don't sign up with our country this week?
thanks for hosting hugs Kathy

Divers and Sundry said...

The prices look high, but I always like Mexican food. Choosing what to order is hard! It's always good to give a place a second chance :) Happy T Tuesday!

Linda Kunsman said...

Now yo me the prices look pretty good but it really does all come down to where we live. I do hope you had a much better experience and enjoyed your food. That lemon ice water sure was refreshing for me on a really HOT Monday:) Happy T day!

Birgit said...

Hope the experience was much better but it looks like the drinks were a hit:)

My name is Erika. said...

First of all: I don't know if I did this ink up correctly, because I do want to participate. I am coming from the USA as you know and I will mail any place.
OK, now that I have taken care of that, I am curious to know how the food was. I am sure you are teasing and making us wait to another day, but I hope it was worth the return trip. We have margaritas restaurants around here and I wonder if they are related. But I think I told you that before. Hope the book sale and craft sale were enjoyable and a nice day out. Happy T day. Hugs-Erika

Rita said...

So was the meal better this time? :)

Sami said...

Hope you and Sally had a better experience this time around at Margaritas.
Have a nice day Elizabeth.

Let's Art Journal said...

I love Mexican food and the taco salad and your enchiladas sounds so good! I do hope you enjoyed it and had a better experience this time. A morning at the craft show and book fair sounds great too 😁. Wishing you a Happy T Day! J 😊 x

Rike said...

Good to have selektive memories, I agree! Why remember bad experiences?
So I guess this time the food was better, because you forgot to take photos :)
Wish you a happy day! Rike xx

Darla said...

A craft show and a book fair in the same day sounds exhausting. No wonder you needed to drink lots of water. Hope you enjoyed the meal as well.

Jeanie said...

I hope the food was better than last time. The restaurant itself looks nice. Most restos deserve a second chance. Maybe not a third!

CJ Kennedy said...

I hope you had a better experience this time around. The chips and salsa look good and your water with lemon garnish very refreshing.

froebelsternchen said...

Seems you had a much better experience this time - your choice sounds really good!
I think I am the same as Sally - I also have selective memories often ....LOL!!!!
You know I will take part so please add me to the ATC exchange list, wherever I have to send it.
Happy T-Day Sweetheart!
Hugs, Susi

jinxxxygirl said...

Too funny about the water Elizabeth..lol But tell me did you have a better experience??? Was the food and service good?? I hope so.. Nice of you to give them a second chance.. We almost always give a place a second chance... Sometimes that works out and sometimes it doesn't...lol

Will do on the ATC's ...If you can believe it i already have mine done...lol Woot woot!! How'd that happen??? Happy T day hugs! deb

jinxxxygirl said...

I didn't see anyone else leave their country this week so i take it its not this week you want to know...? When should we put the country next to our name?? Hugs! deb

pearshapedcrafting said...

Tres Amigos sounds good and iced water on a hot day is always a good idea! Don't know whether you need to know yet but I don't mind where I swap with! Hugs, Chrisx

Carol said...

The water does look refreshing and if you are having the same heat as here in Missouri you ;needed it! It's been way too hot here!!!

Kate Yetter said...

Hi Elizabeth,
I left a comment last evening but I don't see it so I will write another one just in case. I had to create a new blogger account so I am thinking that is why my other comment didn't take.
I love your comment about selective memory! We all have that at one time or another. I hope that your meal turned out better than you expected.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Marfi-topia said...

oooh, you have me craving tacos now!!

Sharon Madson said...

I will try to come back and hook up later. When I first read this, I didn’t recognize the place, but reading this again, I do remember being there once! The salad was ok, but when my sis and I left, I tripped going out the door, because you have to step up a stair! Going in they reminded me to be careful and step down, but by the time we left I forgot! I had met my sis there who was visiting from out of town and we had sat for hours. Does that sound like the same place? Ok, will try to put a post together. Tuesday is almost over! LOL

Sharon Madson said...

I did post and link up, Elizabeth. Thanks for hostessing T Stands for Tuesday.

Caty said...

I hope you enjoyed your meals Elizabeth!! No better than cold water in hot days, here today we have around 35 ºC, but too much wind!
I wish you a very nice afternoon, big hugs, Caty

RO said...

That sounds like a meal I would try, but to be honest with the last two months I've had, I'm much more likely to pay attention to the Strawberry Margaritas. (lol) Hugs and Happy Wednesday! Hope you're doing well Elizabeth! RO