Sunday, December 10, 2017

'Tis the Season

I want to begin by apologizing for how dark these photos are, even though they were taken during the brightest part of the day.

Of course, I'm once again joining Sheila at Orange Esmeralda, our wonderful host this month at Art Journal Journey with her theme Let's Celebrate.

It's certainly a great season to celebrate, even if it only feels like it in my altered book.

It's also great for another reason, though.   It's because Moo-Mania & More is heat embossing this fortnight 

and I finally was able to photograph heat embossing that showed up on camera.

No more clear embossing powder because this time I used copper.

This entire entry was recycled.  

The focal image was part of a card I deconstructed

while the background, which I cut into pieces, was created during a Second Thursday Tutorial a few months ago.   I used a green Sakura metallic Gelly Roll pen to write the sentiment.  This spread was created in my Challenges altered book.

Thank you for joining me this morning as I honor both Art Journal Journey and Moo-Mania & More at each of their challenges.  Hope to see you at both sites today.

19 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely pages Elizabeth. Had a bad night here, so I will be heading back to bed again soon. Enjoy your day, hugs, Valerie

Rosie said...

Just wonderful, Elizabeth.

Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

Have a lovely Sunday

Dortesjs said...

Good morning to you to , great pages ;O)) do have a great Sunday dear

Let's Art Journal said...

Wonderful Christmassy pages to celebrate the season! I love that you used recycled materials and the colours are so merry and bright 😁. Happy Sunday! J 😊

froebelsternchen said...

Wow Elizabeth - this looks just SUPER - what a fantastic idea for an Altered Book spread! Uniqe and great way to use this fantastic colorful embossed script paper and using up a card! You are such an inspiring recycler!
I am thrilled about this spread and you made me happy to join AJJ and MM&M at once!
I wish you a happy Sunday!
I am late - slept long ....
Happy Sunday my friend!
oxo Susi

Sami said...

I like the Christmas balls cutouts Elizabeth.
Hope you're having a lovely Sunday.

Marfi-topia said...

wow wow wow!! this is great!! your art is so inspiring!
the shadows on the photos actually add to it:) I love this creation.
Makes me want to take out my old altered books and create some new pages.
thank you!

CJ Kennedy said...

I like the embossing and your green Gelly roll. So festive. I especially love the cutouts with the color peeping through. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Barbara said...

I love your page, it shows up beautifully even though you were struggling with the light - or rather lack of it. Light is something we are short of today, it rained all night and now the sky is a very ominous looking grey. I turned all the Christmas lights on at lunchtime just to cheer the place up.

My name is Erika. said...

I love the ornament cut edges on that card. Quite pretty. And your page looks beautiful. I like the paper layering. I can't believe how warm your temperatures are. More like October. I guess it is better than ice and snow, and if you tell me it is 60 degrees in February and I will be ready to move there. Happy Sunday. Hope you find a little spirit today. Hugs-Erika

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! This really is fabulous! I love that lovely bauble edge! I have tried several times to get all of the way through your posts and comment but something always comes up! Now I have half an hour before going on a mystery trip! I have to wear a blindfold apparently!! Happy Week to you! Hugs, Chrisxx

Divers and Sundry said...

It's not looking too dark on my computer screen. I like your "'tis the season" lettering, and the ornament cut-outs are pretty. These art projects add a lot to my seasonal joy online. Thx!

Krisha said...

What a wonderful up-cycled page! The colors and cutout are very festive.
We are quite a ways from the fires, but soooooo much is burning out of control! We don't have family or friends that are there except for the friends that are fire fighters. Please keep them in your thoughts.

sheila 77 said...

Great to catch a glimpse of your altered book. I like the cut out ball-decorations at the side on this festive paper.
The heat embossing looks very swish, I've never tried that.
Hope your Celebratory posts are putting you into the festive mood.
love, Sheila

Monica said...

Hope this works, 3 days of internet problems! It is a shock to the system as it is a lot of my life. Follow you often and enjoy your creativity and persistence. Oh deer it is breaking up. Third time to write.
Monica

Meggymay said...

It is a fantastic recycled papers page. I would have wanted to use the piece with the cut out edges as well. the heat embossing looks great.
Yvonne xx

Anonymous said...

Festive and as always the element of recycling there too! xox

craftytrog said...

Loving your festive pages!
Alison xx

Jeanie said...

I loved the paper you used. It's so festive. It feels very much like the holidays.