Friday, December 22, 2017

Celebrate Life


I'm sure by now you know I created this for Sheila at Orange Esmeralda, our wonderful host this month at Art Journal Journey with her theme Let's Celebrate.

I actually BLATANTLY stole borrowed (without permission) this quote from Marfi at Incipient Wings.

I printed the saying

then colored it using metallic Gelly Roll pens,

I used several acrylic colors to create and scrape the background directly on the book page.

I added three heart buttons to the mix.

"Life should not only be lived, it should be celebrated!"

Thanks for joining me today at Art Journal Journey.  I am so grateful you dropped by and I also appreciate that you take the time to support my art.  Even though I may not say it often enough, I'm so grateful for each of you who visit.

20 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful journal page with a lovely quote. I'm still bleary eyed from a day of celebrating and eating too much cake! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

So TRUE and such a wonderful page - I love all about it - the colors - the quote and that >YOU< made it! It's fabulous ELizabeth art!
Art Journal Journey and I am happy to have you nearby!
Happy day my friend!
I am nearly ready for the Holidays -
daughter has to work tomorrow -
I am in Vienna now until tomorrow to visit my stepfather and brother.

Oxo
Susi

RO said...

What a wonderful quote, stolen, borrowed, or not. (lol) I need those metallic gelly roll pens right now! I love how they add to your artwork. Happy Friday! Hugs...RO

Dortesjs said...

- a beautiful post this one ;O))

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful page! I love the colours that you chose and the shimmer and shine from the metallic gel pen - perfect 😁. Happy Friday! J 😊

My name is Erika. said...

That is a true fact Elizabeth. But way to easy to forget in the day to day of living. I love your background. It reminds me of those awesome eeling boat paints I photographed way back in September. Kind of grungy and yet gorgeous. Hope you found your holiday spirit seeing we are into the last few days. More snow coming down here right now. I think we should have a white Christmas since it is also suppose to snow Christmas day. (Of course then it can all melt:) ). Happy Friday. And have a wonderful Christmas. Hugs-Erika

Gibby Frogett said...

Such a true quote - and beautiful page Eliabeth.. love the addition of those sweet heart buttons.
Hope you are having a good day... Gill x

Meggymay said...

A wonderful quote and an equally wonderful page.
We should celebrate each day of life.
Yvonne xx

Darla said...

Once again I will say how amazing you are to keep up with all the challenges that you take part in. I really like this art work. I find the background on this one very interesting. I hope to have some time playing with backgrounds soon.

CJ Kennedy said...

Great page and a great quote. Love how the Gelly Roll pens give the word Celebrate a debossed look. Very cool.

Cindy McMath said...

A lovely page and an inspiring quote. Wonderful!

Divers and Sundry said...

Celebrate Life! Yes! And I love how your designs always capture the spirit of the thing :)

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like your journal page and that quote is wonderful.

All the best Jan

sheila 77 said...

Many thanks for all your Celebrations and for this one too. I think we are "allowed" to "borrow" quotations. This is a happy joyous page and I do like the way you have made the letters.

Barbara said...

I love your journal page and the borrowed quote.
Thanks so much for visiting blog again today, I really appreciate it.

Rita said...

Oh, I love this spread and totally agree with the sentiment!! :) :)

RO said...

Just looked at this message again, and it brought a big smile to my face this Saturday morning. Hugs...RO

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oooh! As I am on catch up I am really pleased to see more of this lovely blue! A really brilliant quote you borrowed there E! Hugs, Chrisx

Marfi-topia said...

haha!
I believe this completely! the more you celebrate the more you are given to celebrate.
The silver pen accents are just perfect for this.
What a cool looking page Elizabeth, and thanks for the shout out.
you can borrow from me anytime!!!
hugs to you :X

Jeanie said...

I couldn't agree more! That quote is perfection!

I hope your Christmas was oh, so very merry! I look forward to lots more beauty here in the new year!