Monday, July 24, 2017

T Stands For the Afterparty


Before we begin today, I have heated up the random generator and have now picked the four people who will receive an anniversary ATC from me.  Those people who linked last week were eligible for one of the four ATCs I made.    So if you are a winner, be sure to let me know how to get hold of you so I can get your ATC to you.

I'm not sure why I waited so long to choose the names, but I am simply not a fan of random generators.  I don't find them as random as they say.  I prefer putting all names in a bowl and drawing them, but I didn't have time to write names, cut them into strips, and etc.  So here are the lucky winners and the order in which they were chosen:

17: Dianne; 6: Chris; 5: Deb; 16: Carol
I have Chris and Dianne's addresses, but need Deb's and Carol's.  Please let me know how I can contact you.

This is what the back should look like.  I swear I spent more time on the envelops than I did on the ATCs.  When I took these photos, I had not glued the addresses to the envie.  So why the extra envelope, you ask?

Originally, it was going to be for Valerie, who goaded me into creating an ATC for the swap.  But once I received this beautiful package from Valerie (and all its contents), I knew my wimpy gift wouldn't be good enough.  You'll have to wait till next week to see the ATCs I sent AND the fabulous gifts I received from Valerie.  Thank you beyond belief, Valerie.  You are far, far, far too kind.  BTW, I covered part of the dog because he scared Bleubeard.

Now for the afterparty.  I found this focal image in a food magazine from an issue dated July, 2016. 

I thought it was quite appropriate, although it originally read What AMERICA Drinks.  Since we are an international group, I decided to change the heading. 

Maybe your answers will be different from those surveyed. 

I sewed the survey to the background page (yes, that's Bleubeard's paw print)

after I laid down some sticky tape that stuck to itself (and created a big mess) as I was trying to apply it to the page.

And because these are summertime drinks, I have included this page for Art Journal Journey's Summertime Love Bleubeard and I are hosting this month.

Now it's your turn.  The rules are extremely simple.  Your drink related post may be anything from a photo of a glass, cup, or mug, to an actual drink.  You may choose to share a sketch or a digital, hybrid, or traditional page in your scrapbook, art journal, or altered book.  Maybe you'd prefer to share a tag, or wow us with your photography.  You might choose a postcard or decorated card.  Or perhaps you prefer to review a place you visited, a movie, or book.  It makes no difference as long as it's drink related.  And don't forget that the more unique and outside the box it is, the better we like it.  Please tie it back here, and please link only to your T post, not your entire blog.  When you link, Bleubeard, the T gang, and I will be by to visit.   Bleubeard would also like to remind you that your photos may be taken any time, even months ago, if you choose.




Thanks for joining Bleubeard and me for T this Tuesday, and we also hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your favorite post that is loaded with summertime love.

29 thoughtful remarks:

johanna said...

haha, this page is good for half a year of t-days Drinks:)))
have a great week, elizabeth!

Valerie-Jael said...

Glad your ATCs arrived in a relatively short time. Did I really goad you? Hmmm.... I am sure nothing you would send could be 'wimpy', don't hide your light under a sheffel! And I'm sorry if I scared Bleubeard with the dog, he's really a softy, so B. doesn't need to worry! Lovely journal page, too. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

da tabbies o trout towne said...

congrats to all the winners ! ☺☺♥♥

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, you've been busy, those envelopes are wonderful and I can't wait to see what the ATCs look like 😀. Valerie always creates such beautiful pieces and those ATCs are something special - amazing! Great summertime page, I enjoyed reading all the interesting facts it contains and I always wondered what Kool-Aid was and of course "soda" here in Northern England we call "pop" 😀. Happy T Day! J 😊

Denise Price said...

Happy Belated Blogoversary! And congratulations to the 4 ATC winners...I'm sure that they'll be excited to receive their "happy mail."

Your journal page has me craving lemonade now (I'm one of the 20% who prefers it over iced tea & Arnold Palmers). Maybe I'll make a pitcher of lemonade soon, to satisfy that craving. For now--Happy T Day! :)

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Congrats to the lucky winners of ATCs from you, Elizabeth! I often do that - spend too much time on details rather than the main point of a project. Tam (from Life Book) calls that "faffing." I thought it was an art term. But when I looked it up, I learned it's British slang meaning dithering or fussing - lol.

I see graphics like your drink one in magazines all the time. But I admire them, then flip the page. You're so clever! You're inspiring me to look more closely at things and see the future art project they might become. Wonderful summer drinks page!

Happy T-Day! Hugs, Eileen

My name is Erika. said...

I like the ad. Its interesting facts and figures. Makes a good page for T day. Hope its a good one. And congrats to the random generator winners. :) Hugs-Erika

pearshapedcrafting said...

Woo! Woo! this is exciting news! Yours is in the post but I'm afraid it didn't go until Monday Morning - I left the addresses behind but took everything else with me! I blame being in meetings all day last Tuesday for throwing me out of sync! I love the drinks page - statistics fascinate me! Happy T Day and hugs, Chrisx

kathyinozarks said...

Congrats to all the winners! thanks for hosting-now I want to see what frightened Bleubeard

Lisca said...

Happy 4th blogaversary! I'm sorry I missed it.
Wow, that parcel from Valerie lookes intringuingly wonderful. I shall look forward to see what was in it next week.
Interesting article about drinks. Perfect for T-Day.
Happy T-day,
Lisca

jinxxxygirl said...

Oh i liked this post Elizabeth!!! Happy 4th Blogaversary Elizabeth!!! Can you believe i sent off my ATC's and didn't take a photo one!! Grrr... i have not received anything from my partner yet... but its coming!!! Happy T day!!! Hugs! deb

jinxxxygirl said...

Oh my gosh almost forgot... I'm the lucky winner!!!! Woot woot.... I don't have your email address to be able to send you my snail mail address....??deb

CJ Kennedy said...

You certainly are the hostess with the mostest when you offer a beverage for every taste. Have a Happy T Day!

Carol said...

Love all of the drinks you've shown today :) Gives me lots of ideas for the rest of the summer !
You certainly put a lot of work into those envelopes. I don't have your email address to send you my mailing address. :(

Linda Kunsman said...

congrats to the lucky recipients of your ATCs and special envelopes!! My two ATCs went in the post on Thursday last week so should arrive to the recipients any day now. And what fun beverage stats and journal pages to browse. Happy T day!

chrissie said...

A very Happy post and congratulations to the winner of your ATCs. Lovely to get yours from Valerie and extras from her as well.

Great page for the drinks Part of the post

Very Happy T Day

Love Chrissie xx

Dortesjs said...

congratulation to all the winners from me to

Meggymay said...

Congratulations to the winners, the envelopes look fantastic as well.
I really liked reading today's post and all the interesting facts it contained, it is a brilliant page especially as its for T day.
Happy T day wishes to you , Bleubeard and Squiggles
Yvonne xx

kathyinozarks said...

oh I am so sorry for your electric outage that would have been awful with this hot and steamy weather. Never would have thought the stadium would have gotten that hot-dangerous hot.
I have not tried felting yet and would love to do that. when I was looking for the ashford blending board tutorial they also had one on how to load the board for felting and named wool breeds to use and then showed how they put several pieces together to felt into a long scarf-thought that looking totally fun. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN1VHuvOzdU

froebelsternchen said...

Wow Elizabeth - a fantastic idea for a combined TSFT - AJJ page - all that summertime drinks - and I love the sewing and little details on the page - and the answers are very interesting -
Happy T-Day and Art Journal Journey!
oxo Susi

Sami said...

Congratulations to the winners.
Love the envelope with the cat and dog label you received from Valerie.

Divers and Sundry said...

Congrats to the winners! I'm sorry I missed the swap.

I love your summer drinks. I'm wondering about that 3% spending so much on drinks every day! Wow!

Cindy McMath said...

The page is great (and I think you would actually find that other countries have different drink profiles). Very interesting though and I have to tell you something funny. The first time I looked I thought that it meant Kool Aid contains 1% bug juice! Hahaha. I doubt there is room for that with all that sugar. My own fridge has water and carbonated water in it. I drink tea by the gallon. I also enjoyed seeing your envelopes and laughed at the dog scaring Bleubeard. I know that was just comedy because after all, Bleubeard is a cat and way to smart to be fooled by a paper dog. :)

Dianne said...

whoop! whoop! I'm a lucky winner?! thanks so much E, you are the hostess with the mostest! What a fun T Day post...that's a scary statistic that some people spend over $10 a day on beverages! must be the Starbucks fans... I'm one of those water drinkers, well, after the morning cup of coffee of course! LOL, just noticed the 1% of people who call Kool Aid "bug juice"! I think that's a Boy Scout thing...at least that's where we picked it up...too funny.

We are having wonderful lower humidity weather in Ohio right now, hope you are keeping cool where you are! hugs!

nanskidrewski said...

Great page, and so much information. I always call soda, tonic...wondering if that is a New England thing, though I never drink tonic/soda...just seltzer water , if that counts. Happy t day. I know I tried to sign up for atc cards, but don't know if it went through, don't think I have any info. Happy t day

Sandra Cox said...

Those are great ATC gifts, Elizabeth. I'm sure Val would have loved it. And speaking of Val, is that not the most perfect envelope? She's amazing.
You both are.

Cazzy said...

Happy T day Elizabeth and Bleubeard! Lots of drink art going on here I see!

Hugs,

Carol

Cazzy said...

Which Carol won the ATC? Wasn't me was it surely?

Cappuccinoandartjournal.blogspot.com said...

Whoa -- you are making me thirsty! Love all those drinks.