Saturday, July 29, 2017

ARTifacts for July


I'm once again joining Seth Apter for our once monthly showing of ARTifacts.

This is the page Seth will share on his blog.  All other photos will be close-ups and detail images.

I was thrilled when I found this image in a magazine, along with the words I cut to share with it, too.  I think it would be fun to own some of these drinking glasses.

I had altered one of these slide mounts earlier in the month, so did the same to another one here using tiny shells I found in my stash.

In one of his DVDs, Seth encouraged us to save words that we could use at a later time.  These came in handy when I sewed them to the page.  I changed thread colors a couple of times for effect.

I was given this wonderful clear cat stamp by my friend Chris.  I first stamped it on the right, but after I did so, I realized I had inked the wrong side of the stamp.  This was supposed to be an image of my co-host Bleubeard for Art Journal Journey this month (with our theme of Summertime Love), but it looks a bit too fat for Bleubeard.  To give equal time to Squiggles, I added another cat on the left side, this time, from the correct side of the stamp.

I added the Popsicle in the middle to balance and fill the empty space.

For the right side, I began by poorly stamping a tea service on an index card.  I simply don't do well when the stamps are not mounted.  This card was intended to represent our 4th T Stands For Tuesday anniversary as well as my altered index cards I have created daily during June and July.

Last month I forgot to add the month to the spread, so I wanted to make sure I did it this month.  Of course, my wonky sewing made it hard to see that it was 2017.

I found several of these "cutesy" images in my stash, and decided it was a great time to use them.  I have more of each, too.  They quickly filled the page they were so big.

Here's one final look at July's ARTifacts spread which I created in my Rocking Horse visual journal and in conjunction with Art Journal Journey.

 



I want to once again thank Seth for hosting this monthly event.
















And of course, Bleubeard and I want to thank you for visiting us from Art Journal Journey.  We hope to see you there, too.

19 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful piece, you put a lot of work into it. Love the sewing. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Wow - you made this page with so much extras - so many fabulous details are added. I specially am in awe of your use of even different thread colors for the sewing. Absolutely great!And the hanging threads make it look even more artsy. A fantastic worthy entry of the artifacts 2017 and great that you combined your artifacts entry with the Art Journal Journey theme. This entry is a wothy finish of a remarkable month over at ART JOURNAL JOURNEY - Thank you so much for all the very hard work and love you invested in this month's project theme over at Art Journal Journey!
I am deeply impressed and you made me happy!
oxo Susi

Dortesjs said...

awsome, love the sewing and the cats ofcause ;O)))

Jeannette said...

wonderful summery pages,i love all summer things on it,,ice tea,i loved,super cool for summer,i love how you stiched on your pages,really,really love this.
happy weekend.


hugs jenny

Let's Art Journal said...

Lovely pages! Those glasses are so cool shaped like soda cans and I really like the stitching on the fab words you used too 😀. Both pages are so colourful and summery. Enjoy your weekend! J 😊

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning Saturday, this is a really a wonderful summer page-Love it!
Enjoy your weekend Kathy

Sami said...

Very summery pages Elizabeth. I like all the little details you put into your page.
With all the rain we've been having here I'm wishing for some sunny days again.

CJ Kennedy said...

That is jam-packed Summer fun. I like the thread ends as a place to hold on to make Summer last. It seems to go by so quickly. Really love the kitty stamp.

Linda Kunsman said...

wow=so much summer fun! Fabulous collage art Elizabeth it all comes together SO beautifully. And that stitching-LOVE it!!

Jeanie said...

Loads of fun! Summer is such a great theme, isn't it? Loads of detail and wonderful color!

I can't remember if I said thanks to you for your words about my tree issue, but I really appreciated your comment. I thought you'd "get" it.

Meggymay said...

Wow, summer is shouting out from these pages, so much to look closely at and the great stitching does frame everything so well.
It was good to see Squiggles with Bleubeard, I hope there was no dispute over the popsicle and they shared nicely.
Happy Weekend
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

Enjoyed all your artifacts this month. Too bad summer isn't endless, or just plain longer. It probably isn't so bad where you are up but up here in the north, it is just isn't long enough. LOL. Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

chrissie said...

Lots of fantastic work Elizabeth and I love the beautiful sewing

Chrissie xx

Divers and Sundry said...

I thought I had missed a T Tuesday -and most of a week- when I saw this lol! I make a pitcher of iced tea almost every day here during the summertime. So refreshing.

I like the way your sewing is an integral part of your pages. I've never used sewing with other arts.

Sandra Cox said...

I love this, especially the tea pitcher and glasses.
I think I'll go pour myself a glass of iced-tea:)
Enjoy your weekend, my friend.

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is brilliant - so clever to combine Seth's Artefacts and Summertime Love! Poor Bleubeard putting on weight! I love how you changed thread to sew your words! Hugs, Chrisx

Birgit said...

Great looks from the stitching to the pics showing what a summer vacation is all about

Cindy McMath said...

Oh I love how you addressed your 'acceident' with the cat stamp - well done! Very nice page.

Seth said...

Great pages. Really loving the stitching. It is all in the details!