Thursday, June 29, 2017

ARTifacts for June


I'm once again joining Seth Apter in his ARTifacts collaboration.  Here is my June journal entry created in my Rocking Horse Journal.

This is the spread that Seth will show on his blog.  As with previous months, everything else is detail.

For most of June, I spent T Stands For Tuesday at Bungalow 26.   As always, no glue is used in these journal pages, only my wonky sewing.  These tuxedo cats were a favorite among T visitors, as well as Bleubeard, who gave the mugs two paws up.

The remains of a Bingo card, left over from ATCs I made in May, became a mat for the darling cats.  Nothing goes to waste in my studio.

Although I hate my handwriting, I wasn't totally disappointed with this bit of writing.

The tea tree was so unique, I had to share it both on my blog and in this journal.

For the right side, I got out my stickers.  I wish I had stamped the words, but I don't have any white stamping ink, and I already had sewn the background paper to the red card stock.

I unsuccessfully tried to align the stickers that reminded me of lazy, hazy summer days at the beach.

I was amazed I actually found some sticker letters that reminded me of spring turning to summer, which happened this month.

I purchased this packet of barley grass to aid ROAR, a charitable organization that helps animals.  The grass was bought and planted for the two four-legged fellas' in my life.

Materials used for the left side of this month's journal include two photos I printed from my computer, colored copier/printer paper, black card stock, remains of a bingo card, a white gelly pen, and variegated thread.

Various stickers depicting summer and various letters were added to the black card stock and sewn with the same variegated thread.  The left over packet from the barley grass was attached with pop dots to the red card stock.


Once again, I want to thank Seth for creating this collaborative.  And thanks go to each of you for visiting today.  I'm very grateful for your visit and your support of my art and this collaboration. 

14 thoughtful remarks:

Helen said...

great spread!

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful spread in your journal, lots of great details to see and enjoy. The variegated thread for the machine looks great, must look for mine! Have a nice day, hugs, Valerie

chrissie said...

Terrific pages with great sewing and I have never even heard of the variegated thread so it was good to see that. You own writing always adds that bit extra to a project I think

Love Chrissie xx

Meggymay said...

Oh wow, a brilliant journal spread and it was good to see the cups again and that they had a paws up from Bleubeard.
I loved seeing how you joined and grouped things together and the coloured threads joined everything perfectly.
Yvonne xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow Elizabeth! You have excelled yourself with this fabulous spread! I love how you have used black and white for the photos! Do you know what? I love everything about this ! Hugs, Chrisx

Jeanie said...

There is a lot of color, dimension and memories in this spread and it really works. I love the cups -- that's a wonderful photo and the page really has flow. Very nice indeed.

CJ Kennedy said...

Wonderful journal spread. I love the stitching. The rickrack stitching reminds me of the meandering one would do around the shop. I might need to get me some kitty mugs. Those are really cute. Summer is my favorite season and your page is making me nostalgic for a trip to the beach. The letter stickers you used are perfect Spring to Summer.

Cindy McMath said...

Lovely pages. Your B&W photos are great and the stitching and handwriting really are a nice touch. On the other page you paired the photos with perfectly summery alphabet stickers. Great composition. Phew, I think I'm caught up now. It's been a busy week!

Sandra Cox said...

Love your journal entry, especially the kitty mugs and wonky stitching:) An incredible amount of work goes into these projects.

Birgit said...

2 great journal pages! I could never sew and am always amazed when people do this. You would see blood on mine and everything askew. Love the mugs and love the little pics of summer

My name is Erika. said...

Nice pages. I thought your handwriting looked a little bit like mine when I try to be fancy-and I don't like mine either. Neither do most people as they say it is illegible. I try that's all I can say. The stitching looks nice also. Hope (once again) you are not in the tornado zone with these storms. Hugs-Erika

da tabbies o trout towne said...

Elizabeth, this is a really nice journal page, and the beach is alwayz a big hit here....maybe some day I will get
to visit it again, matters not the coast. da tabbies gave the mugz N grazz 984 ....pawz UP! great work, I dont
know how you created it, but it's awesome ♥️♥️

froebelsternchen said...

Amazing pages with fantastic sewing dear Elizabeth! Happy start of the weekend for you!!
oxo Susi

Sandy said...

Love your pages and I really LOVE your wonky sewing!!
Sandy xx