Monday, March 6, 2017

Out and about with Rocky and Rolly Moose


I'm once again joining Yvonne of Meggy's Way, our wonderful March host at Art Journal Journey whose theme is out and about. 

Rocky and Rolly are headed out for tea, so I'm also joining Try it on Tuesday, whose theme this fortnight is Time for Tea.

Rocky Moose is so excited.  He has a date with his favorite rocking moose.

He has invited his girlfriend Rolly Moose to head to the tea shop where they can

exchange shy glances over a cup of their favorite tea.

I began with a used file folder that I painted various shades of red.  I found the rocking moose in a gifted Martha Stewart magazine and scanned it.  The moose is from IKEA, but I suspect they are no longer available, since this came from a 2014 MS magazine.  If only I had known before!   The tea cups are from a napkin.  If I felt better, I would have fussy cut between the rocker legs, but I was lucky to even get this piece together in time to share it.

Thanks for joining me and thanks for your great comments and visits while I'm under the weather.  Please also join me at Art Journal Journey and Try it on Tuesday for incredible mixed media and journal art.

16 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely pages, what a love story! Thanks for joining us at TIOT, too. Have a nice day, I'm off to the hospital in a few minutes! Hugs, Valerie

chrissie said...

A really fun page and great to see the wonderful rocking horses Elizabeth

Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday

Love Chrissie xx

froebelsternchen said...

What a cute couple - a romantic date!
What a lovely page and not only super for AJJ - thank you for joining us again over at the Challenge Blog - this is much appreciated, but also super for Try It On Tuesday!Thank you for joining us there as well!♥♥♥
You reall ROCK together with "Rocky and Rolly Moose"!
Have a good start into the new week - I so hope you fell now well again!
oxo Susi

My name is Erika. said...

Those silly moose. I think the idea of Rocky and Rolly is clever and fun Elizabeth. :) Nice idea of TIOT. I need to get my head back around these challenges-I think it is still on vacation. :) Oh well, back to work. Always a tough Monday. I hope ours is better than mine. Enjoy your new week. Hugs-Erika

Meggymay said...

I have a big smile today Elizabeth after reading about this romantic pair going out for tea. I hope he bought her a big slice of carrot cake as well. Its a fabulous fun page.
So pleased you shared it with us at TioT's as well as AJJ.
Yvonne xx

Gibby Frogett said...

ahh this made me smile - the cups are very pretty so it was obviously a very elegant place Rocky took Rolly too :)
Have a good day and hope you are feeling better today Elizabeth.
Gill x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh how I love Rocky and Rolly! How nice of Rocky to to take Rolly out for tea - I hope there were scones too!
I must say this red background is fabulous - I hope it made you feel better, it certainly cheered me up on a day where plans already have gone haywire!! Hugs, Chrisx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Dear! Forgot to say how pleased I was that you have joined us again at Try It On Tuesday! , Chrisx

CJ Kennedy said...

Cute page and story. Pretty napkin teacups and they blend so well with the background. Feel better, soon.

Sami said...

I enjoyed the Rocky and Rolly story Elizabeth.
Have a wonderful week.

Cindy McMath said...

Too much fun Elizabeth. Ike's still sells them. They must be popular. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50060713/

kathyinozarks said...

Loving your pages Elizabeth, too sweet and looks like it was fun to make

Sandra Cox said...

Just darling.
How are you feeling?

Birgit said...

This is so cute and loving the painting you did in all the red shades

Jeanie said...

Oh, those rocking horses are cute! I can tell you're working with a theme you just love!

Mrs.B said...

A great journal page Rocky and Rolly do make a cut couple.
Thanks for sharing with us at TioT
Avril