Monday, April 4, 2016

T Stands For Recycled Plastic Eggs

Although this post is scheduled on Monday, this is actually Day 5 of 22 leading up to bEARTHday.

As I promised last week, I have another use for those leftover plastic eggs we have no use for after Easter.  My supplies are simple: E-6000 silicone adhesive, 1/2 of a plastic egg, unneeded (or damaged) CD/DVD.

Glue the egg bottom to the shiny side of the CD.  Alternately, cover the CD with scrapbook paper, vintage sheet music, or old book pages prior to assembly.   Allow adhesive to completely set up before you turn the assembly over.

Once completely adhered, remove excess adhesive.  I used a wooden stirrer stick.

Fill egg cup 3/4 full with sterile potting mix, remove excess potting mix,

and add cuttings from a favorite herb or flowering plant.

Pour a cup of your favorite drink

and contemplate where you will place your newly recycled egg cup!
 
However, if you have limited space, you might want to make one of these using several old buttons similar to this tea cup I made last year.

For Day 5 of 22 I recycled 1/2 of a plastic egg cup and a used CD.

Now it's your turn.  What's on your agenda today?  Are you reading a new book about a drink, making art in your journal or altered book, whether it's digital, hybrid, or traditional, sketching, sending great mail art in the form of postcards, or are you taking photos as you are out and about?  Whatever the case, as long as your post includes something relating to a drink, please share in the link below, and Bleubeard, the T Stands For Tuesday crowd, and I will be around to join you.




17 thoughtful remarks:

Carol said...

You always come up with unique ways of recycling :) ♥

~*~Patty S said...

You know me and E6000 = ACK my nose can smell that stuff a mile away.
You did make a sweet little planter.
Happy T Day E.
I will miss everyone and will still be in France for your birthday.
Have a wonderful bEARTHday month!
oxo

pearshapedcrafting said...

What brilliant idea! I may have to visit my GD when we get back!! Hugs, Chrisx

Linda Kunsman said...

a super idea for a planter Elizabeth! Happy T day!
Oh, BTW- you commented on my posts about handling the guest hosting in 2 places at about the same time-NOT easy! I wasn't thinking about so many events/holiday things including my personal schedule in between it all. Thankfully I worked ahead a bit:)

My name is Erika. said...

These are so fun! Love them! Another clever way to use those plastic eggs! :) Erika

Halle said...

Nicely done again finding new ways to make Easter a little greener.
Happy T day!

Valerie-Jael said...

What a fun way of recycling plastic eggs, I love the little planter especially. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

johanna said...

you are a top recycler - and i love the idea to fix the egg with a cd... hmm, thinking about covering the cd with papers, napkin, stamping - aah, endless possibilities!
happy t-day to you!

froebelsternchen said...

What a cool idea !

Happy T-Day Elizabeth!
oxo
Susi

Lisca said...

What a great idea to do with the plastic eggs. Cute little planters. Great for cacti. I love the one on the button.
Happy T-day
Lisca

Darla said...

Great recycle. I don't have any plastic eggs but maybe I can come up with some other piece to contain the plant. Have to think about that.

Divers and Sundry said...

What an adorable idea!

Ariel said...

Wow! This is such a brilliant idea Elizabeth. I'm all for recycled art and your ideas are so unique . Thank you for sharing this I would love to make the planter cup.
Have a great week
Hugs
Susan

Jeanie said...

That's cute! I never use those plastic eggs so wouldn't have even thought of that one!

jinxxxygirl said...

I love to see your recycled posts Elizabeth as i like to recycle and upcycle etc.... Very clever idea here. Thank you so much for hosting our T day and sharing your Earth Day ideas! Hugs! deb

Meggymay said...

Another amazing idea, this would make a super gift.
Yvonne xx

Unknown said...

Cool idea. They would make a unique present. Have a great week!