Monday, January 18, 2016

T Stands For Los Reyes


Way back in either late September or early October, my friend Sally and I went to

Los Reyes, a Mexican restaurant we both enjoy in our neighborhood.

It has a great buffet, 

that has all the Mexican extras we like, like cilantro in the salsa and limes for the water, my drink of choice when I go to most restaurants.

I never have to worry about eating vegetarian either, because there's always beans and rice.  This day there were also potatoes, a corn veggie dish, and a really, really unhealthy fried apple dessert wrapped in a fried taco shell.   I went straight for the meal, since I was so hungry, while Sally headed for the salad and fruit bar.

I love all the color this place provides.  Even on a cloudy day like that day was,

there's so much color, you soon forget about anything else.

Unfortunately, it looks like the papel picado banners (papel picado literally means punched or perforated, and is a traditional art form found in Mexico and some parts of Spain) are in need of replacing.  It's a good thing the food was excellent, at least.

Now it's time to show what drink related post you are sharing this week.  It can be photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, as long as it in some way relates back to a drink, any drink.  Regardless, please share below and Bleubeard and I, along with the rest of the T gang will be by to visit.  It's also obvious, your photos may be taken at any time, and they don't even have to be taken this year!














22 thoughtful remarks:

Halle said...

Holy cow! I'm first. I love Mexican authentic Mexican food. In fact we had take out from our local restaurant on Saturday. So good!
Happy T day!!

My name is Erika. said...

I LOVE Mexican food and so your post today is making me really hungry- tattered papel picado or not. So that's what you call those cool flags I have seen so often!

Carol said...

Looks like my favorite Mexican restaurant here :) I love going there.

Valerie-Jael said...

That Restaurant looks interesting, lots of nice colours, and plenty of food. Glad you and Sally enjoyed yourselves. Water with limes is always very refreshing in hot weather.Have a happy T day, hugs, Valerie

Bridget Larsen said...

What a lovely restaurant, wish we had authentic Mexican restaurants in Australia. That meal looks so delicous

AiyanaKalyna said...

Dinner looks soooo good. I would probably be visiting that restaurant several times a week. I love the papel picado banners. They are so pretty, except maybe the one that got ripped. :) I am sure it was very pretty too at one time. Thank you for sharing the restaurant with us. I am doing my kitchen in a Mexican theme. You gave me so much inspiration.

johanna said...

your meal really Looks good (though i could not eat it, due to my colitis, no beans etc...). and i love papel picados, but These here really should be replaced. you are right: These bright Colors bring sun even into a dull day.
happy tuesday and rest of the week, elizabeth!

Lisca said...

Wow! What a lovely place! I love the colorful furniture. The food looks great. We have Mexican friends and the cook us Mexican food sometimes but we don't have Mexican restaurants in Europe, or should I say, I have never seen one. (There's bound to be one in big cities like London or Paris). Our Mexican friends like spicy food and so do we, so I think I like Mexican food.
The papel picado look interesting. Never mind that one or two are torn. That's the way of paper...
Happy Tuesday, and
Have a good week,
Lisca

froebelsternchen said...

The restaurant looks so colorful and all that meal seems to be a filling one..lol! I love to eat beans with rice .. . but I found that out recently, never thought of eating rice and beans together before. Happy T-Day dear Elizabeth!
oxo Susi

pearshapedcrafting said...

This looks such a fantastic place to eat! I never used to like beans but recently have begun to really love them. We used to go to a Mexican chain restaurant until it closed down. I love those purple crackled chairs! Happy T Day! Hugs, Chrisx

Linda Kunsman said...

What a colorful place indeed!! Love those papal picado banners but they really should take down the ragged ones. Glad you and Sally enjoyed an especially good meal, and now you'll have me thinking about Mexiacan food today:) Happy T day!

Meggymay said...

That looks like an exciting place to eat, even the decoration makes you feel happy to see it.
Yvonne xx

Hettie said...

Oh wow! The food looks scrummy but those chairs look wonderful. So colourful. I think I would enjoy trying Mexican food here. So different to the chains we have in the UK.
I finally remembered it was Tuesday when I plonked my cuppa down this morning so had to join in!!
Hugs
xx

Divers and Sundry said...

I think I'd make that a regular spot if I lived near it. Very cheerful, and the food looks great.

~*~Patty S said...

Oh Yummy Yum Yum first thing in the morning and you have me very hungry.
That really does look like a place I would visit again and again.
So colorful and lovely!
Vegetarian fare is what I am always looking for too.
How I would Love to get my hands on those tattered and torn Papel Picado Banner pieces...perfect collage fodder!
The quote that goes something like: "There is beauty in imperfection." comes to mind. ♥
Happy T Day E
before I can go any further I think I'll need to have a bite to eat here :-)
oxo

Craftymoose Crafts said...

I guess I will be bringing a snack along with my water since your post has made me hungry!

I really love the decor---especially those chairs!I haven't had real mexican food in years, only the kind I can make myself. May be time to check out some of our local places!

Happy T Day!

Dianne said...

Hi dear E! I had extensive dental work this morning, so not able to join the link up today...but enjoyed seeing your Mexican restaurant outing. Love the colorful decor! I think the same restaurant supplier sold furniture to our local Mexican restaurant, as the style is similar. Ours here in Ohio is mostly yellows and reds, with a touch of lime green. I love that type of food...wish they had a buffet like yours! thanks for sharing your colorful day...happy T day!

Krisha said...

OH MY! My mouth is watering just looking at your food, I enjoy GOOD authentic Mexican food.
Such a colorful place......love those chairs!! Good distraction from the paper banners.
Happy T-day!!

Rita said...

Wow! That is a fun, colorful place! The food looks good, too.
Happy T-Day!! :)

Janet said...

Mexican food is one of my favorites! Your lunch looks delicious, and the decor of the restaurant is great...love all the happy colors.

The Country Witch said...

Yum - so envious.

Would you mind shooting me through an email? (Address on my blog).

Stacey

Jo Murray said...

Fabulous furniture! Looks like fun.