Monday, June 22, 2015

T Stands For a belated birthday celebration at Legends

My friend Sally wanted to take me to Legends for my birthday lunch.  Although it was nearly two months late, I can't complain.  After all, I was very sick during much of the latter part of April and first of May.  It was Thursday when we went and "Taste of Italy" day.  It was her idea, because she loves the Italian theme they have.

On the way in, I took a photo of the new airport parking garage that was so close you could almost reach out and touch it.

Sally and I have been here for "Mediterranean" day, and I brought Kathy here on her birthday for "South of the Border" day.  I actually like it any day I visit Legends.  It is one of my favorite eating establishments.  

Sally went for the salads, but the last time we were here, there was no manicotti by the time I got around to finishing my salad.   I made sure I had some, and dessert, before I dove into anything else.  In fact, the waiter hadn't even brought my coffee when I took this photo.

Sally drank water with her meal 

and ordered coffee with her dessert.

There were four salads, including the mixed greens shown here.

Here are the other choices.

It was hard to get the menu and stay out of the photo.  There was garlic bread,

mixed veggies,

manicotti,

ravioli with roasted red peppers,

and Italian chicken, which I didn't get, but Sally did.  I also had a cup of wonderful cream of asparagus soup.

After our meal, we drove by our new airport.  Not only are the building and parking structures new, the name is new, too.  What used to be "Wichita Mid-Continent Airport" is now "Wichita Dwight D. Eisenhower National Airport."  The new terminal was officially opened on June 3, although it was originally slated to open in March.  I'll show more of this airport later in the week.

We know what I celebrated this week.  Did you celebrate, too?  Did you create a drink related spread in an AB or journal, or possibly celebrate with a scrapbook page or more.  Did you venture out and about to unknown or known places with your camera, or maybe stayed in and took photos of something familiar with a drink theme in your home?  Did a new drink related book or movie catch your attention?  However you celebrated, please share it below and Bleubeard and I will be by to visit, as will the rest of the T gang.  Sadly, Squiggles has not yet come out of his shell.



23 thoughtful remarks:

Denise Price said...

I love Italian food, so my mouth is watering now. Hm, maybe I'll have to make pasta for supper tonight. I hope you had a very happy belated birthday celebration--it sure looks like you did.

After last week's discussion, I hope you don't mind my linking up on Monday. I'm guessing that it's okay...?

TwinkleToes2day said...

That menu looks very appealing and your food looks as tasty as it sounded. Happy Happy T Day :o))

Divers and Sundry said...

The themed days at the restaurant sound like fun, and I would have to try each one. Congratulations on the fancy new airport! :)

Linda Kunsman said...

So glad you were able to enjoy a GOOD meal Elizabeth! That is some selection of food to enjoy. I like the idea of theme day meals:)Looks like some new airport digs-which I hope means more organized, structured and noise controlled for those nearby. Happy T day!

Dianne said...

your meal looks delicious! now i am hungry for Italian....*grin*. There's a spaghetti squash sitting on the counter waiting to be cooked, and marinara sauce added. But it's been too hot to cook! happy T day dear...:)

Bridget Larsen said...

I get fatter and fatter each week as I look at your T Tuesday posts...bad Bluebeard feeding my vicariously lol. Nonetheless it all look so scrumptious
Bridget #3

Viktoria Berg said...

OMG, that looks like a great place to eat! I'm on my second day of a 7-day fast, and a bit delirious for food. Chicken Pot Pie...

Happy T-day!

froebelsternchen said...

Oh what a great place with fantastic offers for hungry people! Great!
Sally has a fab new summer hair-cut!
Happy T-Day dear Elizabeth!
oxo
Susi

pearshapedcrafting said...

Now this looks like my kinda place!! Well done for getting your dessert first!! I'm back and looking forward to catching up - laundry first though! Big Hugs, Chrisx

Darla said...

Looks like a great place for a birthday celebration. I like those little ceramic chef figures on the tables.

I almost didn't make it today but managed to get a little something posted. I just couldn't miss out on a Tea Tuesday.

Darla

Halle said...

We so seldom go out to eat. It's always a treat when we are on vacation because that's pretty much the only option. :)
Happy T day!

~*~Patty S said...

Glad you're still celebrating your birthday E and how nice of Sally to take you to a favorite yummy spot!
Fun getting to pick what food day suits you best with all the trimmings.
Wishing you a Happy T Day...
so glad you are finally feeling well again!
oxo

Krisha said...

This place looks FAB! and the food looks delicious! From the menu I probably would have chosen the Apple Walnut Chicken Salad.....right up my alley....*grin*

Great looking new airport.....maybe I'll get to use it one day!!

Have a great week and Happy T-day

Linda Kunsman said...

Just read your comment to me about flying over Kansas and not being able to have a drink-I had never heard of such a thing!

Dreaming of Vintage said...

I'm starving right now and that food looks so good!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

You probably know by now that Italian Food is my favorite. This was a good choice on where to celebrate your birthday since it has been predictably good every time you visit.

It's a good thing we just had manicotti this past Sunday or I'd be heading out to the supermarket for the ingredients!

Carol said...

Looks like a great place to eat !The food looks better than great ♥ Love to eat where the food is good and so is the decor :)

Rita said...

I have never heard of a themed restaurant until this one. So far, I think Italian day would win for me! Looks delicious and worth the wait. :) Happy T-Day, Elizabeth!! :)

Denise Price said...

Hi again! Thanks for letting me know that it's okay to link up on Monday. And yes, I'll definitely post updates on "the great library project of 2015." I've been taking lots of photos of the libraries that we've visited so far this summer, so I think I'll do monthly update posts.

Jo Murray said...

That restaurant looks like good value.

Ohhh Snap said...

That looked like a delicious lunch! Happy belated birthday : D. I finished the card after I finished the ramen http://ohhhsnapper.blogspot.com/2015/06/i-love-you-for-your-brains.html.

Touch wood, PT seems to be going well, it's just taking longer than I want it too lol.

jinxxxygirl said...

Well even a belated birthday lunch is a good lunch!! Happy Belated Bday Elizabeth!! The food looks yummy!! Hugs! deb

Anonymous said...

Looks like a perfect vegetarian lunch for you. Nice bread, some pasta and a salad, what could be better! xox