Monday, February 2, 2015

T Stands For Sick Day Tea

It's no secret I continue to have whatever this is I've had for WEEKS.  Just when I get to feeling better, I get sick again.  It's either a second round, or a continuation of the first one.

So today, Dr. E (Queen of Free) is prescribing

relief in the form of Therapeutic Tea, Ibuprofen, and lots of love.

While the tea was steeping, I consumed the Ibuprofen, and even had time to put the container away.

Now I just have to find a spoon to remove that tea bag so it can dry to be used in art.  Nothing frilly or fancy about this tea post.  No tea bag holders, nor loose leaf tea that adds an extra accoutrement I have to wash.  Yes, this is truly a sick day tea!

So, how are you feeling today?  Did you create digital, hybrid, or traditional art, make a scrapbook page, use photos to tell your story, create a shelfie, travel out and about, share a favorite drink inspired movie, or stay home with your favorite drink?  Whatever your post, please link it below, and Bleubeard, Squiggles, and I will be by to visit.  BTW, Bleubeard wants to remind you, your photos can be taken any time, any day.  And of course, I hope beyond measure that you are feeling far better than I this T Tuesday.


28 thoughtful remarks:

Bridget Larsen said...

Have never seen therapeutic tea. I was watching Dr Oz yesterday and he said how lacking in magnesium can make us sick and we need to consume magnesium food in every meal e.g. spinach, brown rice, brown break, legumes and do not miss breakfast he said. I take magnesium because I get cramps in my back that is crippling and so far so good so now I will consume magnesium rich foods in every meal to counter balance the tiredness and frequently sick that I get. Hope you feel better!!

Bridget Larsen said...

opps sorry didnt mean to enter my blog twice

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh dear Elizabeth! This does not make me happy - really do hope you feel better soon! Meanwhile - keep taking the tablets and soak up the love from those two gorgeous feline friends! Big hugs, Chrisx

Karla B said...

Hope you feel better soon, my friend. Sending you healing vibes. We have many kinds of therapeutic tea here. It's a blessing!

TwinkleToes2day said...

Oh no Elizabeth, I am so sorry to hear you are still unwell. Sending healing vibes across the pond to aid in a speedy recovery ((hugs))

Robyn said...

I've had some form of crud since late October- just staring to breath easily the past few days.
Hope you feel better soon, and enjoy your tea!

dawn said...

Hello and Happy almost Tuesday! So sorry your still not feeling well. How sad and no fun, sending warm hugs and get well soon wishes. I'm sure the tea helped, it's a comfort drink I think.

Thanks for still linking up with us for tomorrow. Rest and get well.

Linda Kunsman said...

Oh what a drag to be ill off and on for so long! Sending along healing wishes. Make sure you rest well my friend and do drink lots of tea and water.

Vicki Miller said...

I hope you are feeling better soon

froebelsternchen said...

I feel with you Elizabeth - my nasty cough is still with me and makes me crazy... Get better soon dear friend!
Happy T-Day!

Julia Dunnit said...

Am beginning to think that after this many. Weeks, you need some medical I tervention my friend...this sort of reoccurrence is usually infection rather than viral so needs a course of something. What a worry, please take care and rest yourself. Meanwhile, it may cheer you to know that however ill, I cannot drink green tea. I learned this in the Spanish hospital last summer. Oh my.....!!

Halle said...

Just popping in quickly to say hello. We're both sick. Hopefuly I'll be better for tomorrow...J turns 15!!!!

Darla said...

Sorry to hear you are still not feeling well. The tea from the pretty mug should help. Hope you see some improvement soon.

Darla

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm so sorry you're sick! I wish this crud would move on, and leave you in peace :(

Hettie said...

So sorry to hear you are suffering Elizabeth. I have heard this so often that people cannot get rid of this bug, including my Hubster.
Hope you are soon feeling better for good!
Hugs
xx

Craftymoose Crafts said...

I hope your cup of love and the meds make you feel better soon. I always dread getting sick this time of year because it always lingers on and on for me. Think Spring! Maybe that will help! :)

Caterina Giglio said...

oh dear, feel better soon... nothing like a good cuppa to set things right... or a brandy before bed! sending you healing thoughts.. x

Krisha said...

I thought I had beat the odds and not get sick this year, but alas I didn't. Head cleared up and now the coughing has begun......ugh!

I'm really sorry to hear you can't get rid of the nasty bug that keeps plaguing you. The warn drinks really do help.

Now I'm off to get around to as many drinks as possible before I have to take the dog to the vet....yep, she's not feel well either.

Ariel said...

Dear ELiza Beth it is so good to be back with you and others. I'm so sorry to hear that you are sick. Hope you feel better soon.
Hugs
SUsan

Anonymous said...

wishing you a speedy recovery..my youngest has had a wracking cough for a while too..all his class have got it

Dianne said...

so sorry to hear that you are still sick! hope the tea and ibuprofen do the trick...hugs from me!

Rita said...

I have heard of other people being sick for weeks. Just be sure it doesn't turn into bronchitis or pneumonia! Rest a lot and drink your therapeutic tea. I really hope you are done with this bug soon!! :)

Ohhh Snap said...

I hope you are feeling better soon. There are so many germs out there this year it reinforces my habit of hermitage lol.

If you can't sleep without waking up coughing it's time to go to the doctor. That's usually the indicator I have bronchitis. If you are sweating when you walk across the room, that's generally the symptom I get when I have pneumonia. Just sayin', feel better : ).

dawn said...

Hello again, wanted to come by and say thank you for the comments. I was hoping you'd see the new calendar I'm doing, it's so fun and just right for me.

I forgot what the new link of yours, second on the second was. I was thinking it was for the second Tuesday of the month and was going to post mine next week. I see now that I was wrong, sorry about that. Will have to wait till next month, darn it. Just know that I was planned and ready, lol.

I was so excited to see that Susan joined us this week, I've missed her art too.

Take care and feel better. HUGS!

massofhair said...

Been down and out myself again Elizabeth which is why no visits from me and i am trying to catch up but it's taking ages as there are so many wonderful posts out there!

I do hope you get better very soon, the flu we had over here hit people for many weeks, sometimes with a little interval of well before hitting them again with a a huge hammer.

Sending hugs and smiles :-) xxx

johanna said...

i would send you a bowl of my chicken soup, if that were possible... but i can only send you healing wishes!!!

~*~Patty S said...

Sure hope you're feeling much much better VERY soon E...no fun at all being sick and especially when it lingers for so long.
Rest up and take care of yourself.
Sorry I missed T yesterday I couldn't decide what to share and then the day was past.
oxo

CatieAn said...

I hope you get rid of this nasty bug once and for all....looking forward to see what you are working on.