Monday, November 17, 2014

T Stands For ArgenTEAna


 
Welcome to T Stands For Tuesday.  Today I've recycled some old tea bags for this latest entry in my 7 Continents altered book (AB).  For those who are new to my blog, I call it the oldest UFO (project) I own.  Although it started with a tip-in swap in 2004, I've been working on adding pages since early in 2005, and it may never be finished.

I dried tea bags on 90 lb. watercolor paper,
then pasted

and sewed images from several travel brochures together with the now dry tea stained watercolor paper.  Note the reference to England in my computer generated text, which fits nicely with the tea bag holder gifted me by Voodoo Vixen (Annette) I chose for this photo shoot.

After the photo shoot, I also added the image from Patagonian Isla Grande de Tierra del Fuego, or Tierra del Fuego.  The picture is from Ushuaia, the southermost city of the world, which is also Tierra del Fuego’s capital city in Argentina.  Argentina shares Tierra del Fuego and Patagonia with Chile.  Argentina's share is quite small, while nearly 2/3 of Tierra del Fuego is in Chile.  The Andes mountains are in the background of both pictures.

Also note that when I write or print text on an AB page, I am much more formal than I am when I write on my blog.  I use the blog for notes and techniques I share with my friends and followers, while the AB pages are geared to a more formal audience.  Not sure why I do that, but I often do.

While researching Argentina, I learned a great deal about Argentina's number one drink,

including where it was grown.

This voyage took me

from the cacti dotted valleys

in the north, all the way to ice covered Patagonia in the south.  I hope you saw yet another side of Argentina or ArgenTEAna as I interpreted it today.  To see other altered book posts on Argentina, please go here, here, here, and here

What are you working on for T this Tuesday?  Is it sewing, digital art, a shelfie, a favorite mug, or maybe an art journal page?  Or are you just kicking your feet up, enjoying that first cuppa'?  Regardless, please link below.  The only request is, it should in some way, reference a drink of some kind, a way to make a drink, a place where you can make or enjoy a drink, or a place you've been where drinks were served.  Bleubeard would also like to remind you that photos need not be taken on Tuesday, but any time.



I'm also entering this in AEDM,
as Day 18's entry.


28 thoughtful remarks:

Bridget Larsen said...

Wow that must be a labour of love you are doing. Love all the photographs you have. It will be a treasure to keep when its finished
Bridget #1

massofhair said...

Beautiful collage, loving how you refer to Argenteana, great play on words which i know you enjoy. Good to know more about such a stunning country too, enjoyed reading your post:-) xxx

dawn said...

Hello and Happy T Day! WOW, really love these and reading and learning from you. Nice to see your working on the UFO project, reminds me that I should do mine too.
I am home tonight, yay so linked up and ready for Tuesday. It's windy and cold out as I'm typing this, snow is on the way unless wind keeps it blowing past us. Crossed fingers it keeps blowing by, we don't need anymore thank you.
Hope you are doing well, almost through the month my friend. Doing great so keep it up!! Stay warm and cozy with Bleubeard by your side or lap.

Robyn said...

UFO- Ha, I call it interactive!
Lovely pages. Sneaky you getting those old bags in the photo!

Linda Kunsman said...

Happy T day! Oh I always welcome new adventures and learning about other cultures, foods and traditions. I keep thinking I need to do a book about place too but although I have some collage clips etc. I have yet to do anything...so no matter how long it's in the works what matters is you are adding to it and continuing!

froebelsternchen said...

That's not an UFO.. that is traditional culture Elizabeth-
today I heard a man resuming about his neverending project in renovating an old building: It would be boring for me when it is done! LOL! That's the right way to do work!
Love the teebag art combined with sewing and culture
xxx
Susi
HAPPY T-DAY!

Jennifer McLean said...

that's so cool, how the teabags stained makin it look like teabags are sitting on the paper. I never would hav thought of doing that. I've seen so many tea type art but this is original. Nice to be back and caught up! Visiting from AEDM.

voodoo vixen said...

Morning E! Love the Argenteana page and the teabags... and recognised that holder straight away as I use its twin most days in the kitchen!! If you can stick with your UFO this long... I can definitely have a go at adding some more pages to mine!

Vicki Miller said...

I must say that you have been working on your ufo for a long time (I have a quilt I started in 1975- oops), but it looks like you are enjoying it still so it really could be a WIP? Good to see you back at it.

Darla said...

Great use of the tea bags and I always like your pages with stitching on them.

Darla

Dianne said...

Dear E, you do such interesting posts, and research your ideas so seriously! Love the info here and the amazing view of that city with mountains behind...and always adore the stitching! happy Tuesday dear, hope you are keeping warm. I am cold! :)

Linda Gibbons said...

Nice spread! That must be a fascinating book.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Great spread! I love the cacti valley as you probably could have guessed! Years and years ago there was a show on TV called "Ushuaia". The only thing I can remember about it was some extreme sports/daredevil kind of episodes.

Divers and Sundry said...

Virtual travel! I do love it :)

~*~Patty S said...

another clever tea title E!
and some great pages for your never ending altered book which seems a fun thing to me ;-)
Wishing you a Happy T Day...
I will miss you while we are away.
Have a great Thanksgiving ♥
oxo

Halle said...

Very clever. I love plays on words. So does J...he is the master of puns around here. Makes his dad groan with most...me, I laugh.
Happy Tuesday!!

Cindy McMath said...

This is great Elizabeth - love how you worked in the tea theme and I had no idea! I always learn something when you post pictures of this AB! I really like your use of the old teabags too, and always admire your stitchery.

Ariel said...

Elizabeth this a great project that you are doing. We tend to learn so much about each place that we want to put down right?
Thank you for sharing these facts on Argentina
Hugs
Susan

jinxxxygirl said...

A trip thru Argentina! Loved it Elizabeth! Hugs! deb

Rebeca Trevino said...

love the use of tea bags to stain the water color paper
also, very clever play on words - ArgenTEAna.

Krisha said...

Well, got everything posted then had to run a few errands, so now I'm ready to go a visiting for tea.

I always find your posts about other lands so fascinating, and I always learn something new from them. Thanks for the journey.

Happy T-day

Denise Price said...

Hello, hello!

I like the effect you achieved with the tea bags. It looks both tea-stained and aged. And I learned a lot about tea traditions in Argentina, too. Thanks for this lovely T Day!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

You are too funny! I seriously appreciate your comments on the tape transfers...maybe if I had actually soaked them in the wine?

Nigel said...

Blimey, I thought some of my UFOs had been around a while, but this really takes the biscuit (a rich tea biscuit of course)

Rita said...

Used to write regularly to a pen pal in Bahia Blanca, Argentina. She sent me a bag of herba mate, a real gourd mate cup, and a bombilla a couple decades ago. We kind of dwindled down to Christmas cards over the years. You have reminded me of her. I will write an extra long Christmas letter to her this year. :) Happy T-Day! :)

Unknown said...

I love your travel pages, the time you put into them shows. just lovely work.

Anonymous said...

Adore the tea stained watercolor paper Elizabeth. Wonderful idea for random vintage like marks. Ice is coming. I was just looking at the iceberg image thinking, no, I am not ready for winter...xox

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love your geography lessons Elizabeth! The tea stained paper has really made the pages look great - Might have to grab a few of hubbys!! Chris