Monday, September 22, 2014

Day 23 of 30 paintings meets T Stands for Tuesday

I'll soon be linking to 30 paintings in 30 days, hosted by Leslie Saeta at Slices of Life.

For some reason, I thought this would be the final T we would share with these paintings, but I was wrong.  As I was preparing this, I realized there would be a final T in September. I'm calling this one "The Mug," and I really like the way it turned out.

I'm paring it with one of my Taylor and Ng mugs.  I've shown several of these before. I love them so much, and even more now that I know they are discontinued.  Sadly, the company has been purchased by someone else, who doesn't have the same quality mugs as these were.

Those of you who remember these mugs also remember they retailed at around $10.00 a mug back in the early 1980s.

Mine (I own 10 as seen in this old photo) all read copyrighted1979, but they didn't make it to Kansas that early.

They appeal to me because they are cobalt blue and white, colors of my kitchen, and

they have detailed paintings on all sides.

Granted, my paintings will never compare to the Taylor and Ng mugs I own, but I'm still happy with this one regardless.

What makes you happy for T this Tuesday?  Could it be a favorite photograph, recipe, pet, place to eat, art, scrapbook pages, gardening, or one of a dozen other reasons?  Regardless, please link below and we'll be by to visit.  And Bleubeard is here to remind you that photos can be taken anytime, not just on Tuesday.


25 thoughtful remarks:

Denise said...

I love painting too...and I usually end up loving My own paintings, glad to here You like Your painting :) that's why We do it-Yes? How nice Your collection of mugs are.Enjoyed :) Denise

TwinkleToes2day said...

I think 'The Mug' is pretty cool and I think your blue & white mugs are fantastic! What a beautiful blue they are. Wee Man's favourite shade too :o)) Happy T Day Elizabeth :D

massofhair said...

In the UK we get freebies with some of our crafting magazines. We get embossing folders, dies, stamps, wooden shapes & free papers & templates, on the sewing, crochet
and knitting magazines there are free knitting needles, crochet hooks and many more things to entice you to buy the magazine. Hope that helps, if you would like anything in particular and can't get in the US i would be happy to send you a magazine or two. Look on UK magazine sites for inspiration.

My regular magazines are Cloth Paper Scissors (US Mag which we find hard to get hold of in the UK) and Craft Stamper which comes with a free stamp in the UK but not in the US. Also enjoy Craft Seller and an embroidery magazine called Stitch.

Your mugs are beautiful and the perfect shade of blue, fabulous painting! :-) xxx

dawn said...

Hello Elizabeth! Happy almost T Day, I got home early tonight and can link up for T Day. I love your painted mug and the one pretty horse one. What a cool collection you have of them.

Saw your paintings below and love them all. Really hope you will do these again in the future, seriously love them!!

Hope you've had a good week. The weather was hot and warm and now COLD!! I had to put extra sweatshirt on today and my slippers for the first time, YUCK! I love the fall colors happening but not the cold. How is your weather? Any fall colors showing up?
Have a great Tuesday! Keep up the good work on your painting and other projects, the month is almost over, YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Carol said...

Those are really awesome mugs!!! Like the painting too. Love the way you have the drips with the mug...

Krisha said...

I really like your collection of mugs, and love cobalt blue and white together.

Congrats on keeping up with your daily painting adventures. Have you learned anything new form this experience? You will enjoy looking back on them in the future.

Happy T-day E!

Cindy McMath said...

Those mugs are great! I like your mug painting too - the drips are just right, and I really like all of the colours I can see in this piece, including the white. I will be interested to see if you keep doing abstracts once this challenge is complete - I think you have a knack for it.

froebelsternchen said...

I love your abstract mug painting and the cobalt blue of your mugs is really great! Can understand that you love them!
Have a fabulous T-Day dear Elizabeth!
♥♥♥
Susi

Julia Dunnit said...

I think you have subconsciously painted the shape and style of mug that you favour. I love the collection of mugs, a good mug is so important to my enjoyment of a coffee..I fear your collection would not have lasted so long in this household!

Divers and Sundry said...

I like blue mugs, and that set of yours is great! The animal shapes are fun. It's sad when one of our favorites gets bought out or discontinued and isn't the same quality as before. What a shame!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

That is a beautiful set of mugs! By the end of the 30 paintings, you will have another collection of mugs! This one turned out really well! Happy T Day!

Darla said...

I quite like your painted mug. There is something faintly Asian in feel about it to me.

Darla

Halle said...

I really like the paint drips on the mug. Gives it interest.
Happy Tuesday!

Nancy said...

That's an interesting bunch of mugs :)
and your painting is too, I love the splashes of orange and the drips!
I'm finally back on my blog thanks to my Son :) however I'm using google chrome now and don't particularly like it!
Happy T day :)

Dianne said...

Oh Dear E~ your mugs make me happy, both painted and ceramic! that is a truly beautiful collection of mugs. And visiting with the T Tuesday group always makes me happy too...smiles to you!

Ariel said...

Wow Elizabeth your mug collection is amazing. I love the drip effect on your painting.
Have a lovely week
Susan

jinxxxygirl said...

I wish i could wrap my head around abstract.......... But i'm so glad you've kept up your painting... Some where i've heard you have to paint a hundred paintings to become proficient ...i'd say you are on your way! :) LOVE that mug collection...blue and white..classic!! Hugs! deb

Jo Murray said...

Each new painting is better....love this one. Simplicity is the key.

Rita said...

I don't remember those mugs. Maybe they didn't have them in Minnesota? They are pretty cool. And I do love YOUR mug painting. :)

Just have to thank you for doing this every week, Elizabeth! If I don't post all week I always try to make it here on Tuesdays...even if I am only a coffee drinker. ;)

pearshapedcrafting said...

Just starting a catch and going backwards this time! (I'm feeling a bit that way today) Offered to hand deliver a letter for someone else and got lost, shopped, just made the deadline for Dragons Dream, Rita came to iron and I've had my hair cut!!! I may not get all the way back!!! Elizabeth, I love your mug and the drips down the side - surely a frothy latte!!! I've never seen those mugs before - they do look interesting! You are very close to the end of your 30 days now! Hugs, Chrisx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Just starting a catch and going backwards this time! (I'm feeling a bit that way today) Offered to hand deliver a letter for someone else and got lost, shopped, just made the deadline for Dragons Dream, Rita came to iron and I've had my hair cut!!! I may not get all the way back!!! Elizabeth, I love your mug and the drips down the side - surely a frothy latte!!! I've never seen those mugs before - they do look interesting! You are very close to the end of your 30 days now! Hugs, Chrisx

Robyn said...

Love the freedom of your paintings. Pretty sure i had some of those mugs at one time.
No time to T this week!
Blessings,
robyn

Bridget Larsen said...

You are really into these paintings and check out those mugs.....never seen any like it
Bridget #16

johanna said...

this blue of the mugs is exactly my favorite Color ever! what a treasure of a collection you have here! i confess i feel it hard to resist buying beautiful mugs, but i have no more place to store them...

dianemoline gallery.com said...

Just came across your blog and your mug entry. Brought memories back. I used to own a gift store in the 89s and we sold al, of those blue and white Taylor and Ng mugs. And I kept several of them myself cuz I liked them so much, I agree with you...sturdy and graphically clean and eye-catching. I still have some of mine, too! Hard to part with it, even though I clean out my mug cabinet every so often.