Monday, March 24, 2014

T Stands for My Bags Are Packed, I'm Ready To Go this Tuesday

My WOYWW friend Lunch Lady Jan always starts her posts with a bit of a song.  That should be what I'm doing today, since that song is running through my head.  I learned when I did an internet search, it's been sung by John Denver (who also wrote it), Jefferson Airplane, and Peter, Paul, and Mary, to name a few.  The title is "Leaving on a Jet Plane," but I'm just going to visit my dear friend Kathy in a town nearby, so no planes will be involved.

Actually, only one bag is "nearly" packed so far.

I still have more coffee to drink and another bag of supplies to pack.  

Since Kathy doesn't drink coffee,  I'm taking an extra cup with me as well as some coffee I've ground for the occasion.  Hopefully that will last until lunch time on Tuesday.

You can see what we'll be playing with, once I finally open that box I got back in November of last year.  Can you guess which is my everyday coffee mug, and which is my travel mug (grin)?

What are your plans for T this week?  If you post your link sometime before midnight CDT (see the clock under Kansas on my right sidebar), I'll be by to visit.  If not, you'll have to wait for my visit until Thursday when I return.  I'm leaving Bleubeard in charge, but he would rather chase the mouse, than use it to return your visit.  So please link below and one of us (ME) will be by to visit sometime this week.



And please remember, your photos don't have to be taken on Tuesday.  I'll bring back lots of photos to share, too.  I promise.  Now I'm off to finish packing.

26 thoughtful remarks:

Nic said...

Luck you - getting out to craft with friends is so much fun.

Hard part is usually deciding what to take :-)

Nikki D

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

OK Nikki, I am going to do something I NEVER do, and that is leave a reply to you on my blog. Since I can't leave one on yours and you suggested you would be willing to return to see my comment, here it is. Unfortunately, I don't have time to return to blogs I've visited to see if they've left me a message.

Is that a SHOE tape holder on your desk? That's really cool. Had to laugh at your mug. I'm sure others will tell you how much I hate Google, so this put a big grin on my face.

Never heard of the Slice, but I sure look forward to seeing what you make with it. Those two designs you created already are great.

Thanks for sharing T today, even if it was Google (grin), and thanks for returning to see my comment to you.

Vicki Miller said...

Thank you elizabeth. You are an inspiration to me! I won't be able to post before midnight, but will post later. Have a lovely time creating!

Nic said...

Ha-ha, don't worry, I work in a Library so we are not really lovers of Google either.

Yes the shoe is a tape dispenser - very handy too.

Hope you enjoy your crafting & see you next week (& for WOYWW).

voodoo vixen said...

Looks like you are in for a busy time and have lots of fun stuff to play with!! How does Bleubeard survive when you are gone? :(

Darla said...

Enjoy your trip. Looks like lots of crafting is going to happen.

Darla

Hettie said...

Have a good trip Elizabeth.
Now Bleubeard, be a good cat and no kids in! Hear me?
This must be the shortest post ever Elizabeth! Haa Haa!
xx

~*~Patty S said...

Have a fun time away dear E...know you will make the most of it and you have me curious what you will be up to :)
Happy T day and more!
oxo

Divers and Sundry said...

an adventure! you will have so much fun! :)

Eliza said...

Hopefully you have enough coffee, I'm like you can't survive without the stuff, tea no way. Have fun crafting. Do you think you have enough brayers packed?

Hugs Eliza

dawn said...

Hello dear friend, how lucky that your leaving on a art trip!! Can't wait to see what you make and share with us. Have fun and take plenty of pictures.

I'm linked up and might actually do another post this week. I've not been good at blogging much except for Tuesday's and I'm missing it.

Hope you are warm there! HUGS!

Dianne said...

oh, wish I could come and play with you and Cathy...Fun red bag you are packing, and love the recycled plastic deli container that you put your paints in. brilliant! looks like they fit perfectly...I am sure Bluebeard will have a big party while you are gone and break out the catnip. ;) have a fun visit, and don't strain anything carrying all those art supplies to the car! hugs!

Linda Kunsman said...

sounds like a most wonderful get away Elizabeth!! You have me so very curious about what's in your package-I hope it's new art supplies :). have a great time!

Rita said...

OH, it's been sooo many years since I packed up supplies to go craft with a good friend! What fun you will have!! Enjoy. :) :)

Halle said...

I'm sure you'll have fun playing...glad you mentioned you were going to be gone...was planning to call you. :)

Unknown said...

Enjoy your craft time with your friend! xo

Rebeca Trevino said...

have a fun-filled and creative trip.
it is always fun to get away.

can't wait to see what goodies you cook up . . . and yes i too, hope you took enough coffee, otherwise, hopefully there is a starbucks near by .
have a great week.

Krisha said...

I got my Intranet back in time to play......WAHOO! Thought I was going to miss my first T-day...NOT!!

Love to see that you pack all the ESSENTIAL FIRST!!! LOL

Looking forward to what the two of you create.

Caterina Giglio said...

well E, I hope you have a great trip! have safe travel and lots of fun!!

Denise Price said...

Hope you're having a great time! Happy crafting. :)

Ariel said...

Wishing you a wonderful trip Elizabeth. I hope you get to have lots of artsy fun with your friend.
Hugs
Susan

Janet said...

I've been on a little trip and have SOOOO much to catch up on! Looks like you've been a VERY busy lady! Have fun with your friend. The supplies make it look like a sure thing!

Neet said...

Missed you on WOYWW today (Wednesday obviously - doh I am a dizzy blonde). Hope you had a good trip - think the yellow top is your travel mug.
Hope Bleubeard was ok and looked after whilst you were away.
Hugs and a special cuddle for Bleubeard.
Neet xx

creatorme said...

That's a lot of supplies you are bringing along. Looked like some serious fun. Can't wait to see what you create.
Sorry I am late this week AND forgot to bring along my drink.

Nancy said...

Hope you have a fun trip, looks like lots of goodies going with you :)

dawn said...

So glad you made it home safely in that weather dear friend. Thanks so much for your visit and glad you enjoyed it. The idea came to me that very morning and was fun for me to look back and find some. The winters were much nicer to us those years. I can't even get a routine of walking at the track going yet with this crazy weather either. I'm starting to wonder what kind of summer we will have now.
Thanks again for the visit and I'm sure Bluebeard is happy to see you. HUGS!!