Friday, March 28, 2014

Friday Smiles 62: Kathy opens the BOX

I'm joining a very sick Annie at A Stitch in Time for the 62nd Friday Smiles.

Way back on Week 48, I showed this box. I promised I would open it when I had time to play.  Circumstances beyond my control, including an uncomfortably cold craft room, kept me from opening the box.

Is the light bulb coming on?  Did you think I had opened it without telling anyone?  Nope!  I waited for the perfect moment when my friend Kathy and I were ready to play.

Laugh if you must, but now you see one of the reasons why I haven't opened it myself!



 

 
Finally.  Victory.

But wait. Why doesn't it look like it's supposed to?

AH!  There's that picture I was expecting.

Now laugh your way over to Annie's, where you'll see others who will put a smile on your face this Friday.  And tell Annie she needs to get well soon, too.

One note for those of you I owe a visit.  I've been out of the house ever since I returned from Kathy's, and today (the 28th) is my friend Sally's birthday.  I'll be taking her to lunch and out and about afterward.  I'll be by soon, though.  Please don't think I've forgotten how kind you were to leave me a comment, it's just that life and time got in the way these past few days.

17 thoughtful remarks:

voodoo vixen said...

You got a geli plate! Oh my, are you going to have some fun with that! It did look like quite the mission to get into the parcel which had me smiling!

Annie said...

Oh that's brilliant Elizabeth. I would probably still be there trying to open it. Packaging often gets the better of me these days with my arthritis. I had a good giggle at the thought of you stood there taking pics while she struggled :-)
Hugs,
Annie x

Judys Lace Creations said...

Oh I had to laugh out loud with that packaging saga!! How we can all identify with your friend's struggle! What I am wondering is how could you contain yourself all those months.Unheard of..in my house an unopened parcel. So packaging can defeat me.Even if I had to blow it up, I'd get the sucker open!!
Thanks for the laugh!!Have fun with that plate!

Vicki Miller said...

I have been feeling a bit blah lately and had just commented to another of my friends that I needed some gelli therapy, then I came here. you really put a smile on my face and obviously serendipity wants me to use my plate! lol

Gill Edwards said...

Oh Gelli plates are such fun arent they, i havent used mine for a while, but you will have great fun and i await the results.
Missed you at WOYWW so nice to see you back today.
Gill xx

dawn said...

Happy Friday! So glad you finally opened that box, wondered why you hadn't shared it yet. You have a lot of patience my friend. Can't wait to see the playing you did with it. Happy Birthday to Sally!!

I read the post below and enjoyed seeing the beautiful quilts and artwork on the walls where you stopped for a yummy treat. How cute to see other furry friends too. WOW, her art space is awesome, could only dream of having all that in my house one day.
That is odd for you not to have the camera the whole time but you are very good at sharing stories without pictures too.
Have a great weekend!

JoZart Designs said...

I remember your Gelli Plate arriving and thought that you have such great resolve by not opening it immediately! I bet you had fun with it UK Mary Anne has experimented a great deal with good results so take a look at her blog archives.
http://scrappystickyinkymess.wordpress.com/category/gelli-plate-monoprints/
Dolores (Cardarian) is coming over to stay with me from Slovenia, in May so I'm asking her to bring hers with her for a play. There's a big mixed craft show in my city too that we will visit. I was hoping Donna would come too but she has been off the radar since Christmas and we are so worried about her.
I'm thrilled you are trying out my Starch backgrounds technique and it's good to have another crafters insight.
If you would like me to make you a seat cover you would be most welcome. I've plenty of scraps to use up and they are quick to make. It won't be heavy to mail. Just send me a photo of your seat and give a colour range preference.
Jo x

Halle said...

Oh my! You not only made me smile...I had a chuckle as well. Looking forward to seeing what you produce with your gelli plate.

Anonymous said...

Gelli plates YAY, so much fun, just to have fun....

Caro said...

Gelli plates are so much fun. You will have a fab time playing with it for all of your crafts. I had to smile at the challenge involved in getting into the packaging...talk about overkill. We call it packaging rage in our family. Have fun! Thanks for the smile. Caro x (#6)

elle said...

oh, boy! Serious FUN ahead!!!

Linda Kunsman said...

Now that was what I call restraint-I could NEVER wait open a pkg knowing it was some kind of art supply!! You will LOVE your plate-SO much fun. And be prepared to make a few hours for it at a time-have tags, envies and a pile of papers at hand:)Enjoy!

Jo Murray said...

Sending Annie LOTS of get-well vibes....and you...lots of HAVE FUN vibes.

mamapez5 said...

That's what you call a 'well packed parcel'. I hope you have fun with your gelli plate. I must admit I loved using mine, but I rapidly made a mountain of BPs, that I have used very few of, and the plate remains on the shelf! I shall have to give myself a good talking to. Kate x

BumbleVee said...

Looks just like me most days...trying to open anything from milk cartons to pill bottles.. it's ridiculous..... actually, once I wrote a post about not seeing my dishes for 3 days ...I couldn't get the dishwasher open.... of course, there is a story behind it...ahhahahha

Rita said...

I hope you had a lot of fun with your new gelli plate! They are addicting! :)

Carol said...

Ahhhh.... a Gelli plate...I'm so Jealous !!! You will have so much fun I'm sure :)