Saturday, November 24, 2012

A time to be sad






The worst thing that could happen, did yesterday.  When I went looking for links to visit AEDM participants, the links were no longer visible.  Even using the translator, then restarting my computer, I can't see any links, even ones from days I've linked to in the past.  So, that means I can't link up with AEDM.

Here is what I see.  No links, nothing!!


To make matters equally difficult, I still cannot leave comments on any blog with embedded text.  If you aren't sure what "embedded" text is, simply scroll to the end of this post and see what it means and how to change your comments.

In order to try to determine what the problem was, I sent my visitors to a local museum so I could have time to figure out the problem.  I even removed Firefox from my computer and re-installed Internet Explorer.  When I used IE, I could see my blog as it is supposed to look (including my followers, my Linky followers, my translator, my search tool, and my clocks), but I could not access Creative Every Day.  IE had a problem loading the site Creative Every Day and aborted the address.  So I went back to Firefox, but I still can't see CED's links.


After spending all that time on the computer,

this is all I have to show for my efforts.  I cut six sets of covers out of recycled food boxes for the altered journals I recently finished.  I then slathered the covers with gesso.  Now I play the waiting game until I can turn them over and do the same on the other side.  I even have quite a gesso mess on the anti-static mats I have on my craft room floor.

You now have my sad, but true, story of why I didn't link with AEDM, why I haven't visited any blogs, and won't be able to until I figure out what my problem is.  Today is Day 24 of AEDM.  I have a house full of company, AB covers to make, and nothing else ready to show for today's post.

5 thoughtful remarks:

Helen said...

maybe it is time to forgo your dislike of google and install google chrome. i don't regret it for a minute... and don't have any of the problems you have been suffering. good luck, whatever you decide!

JoZart Designs said...

I've finally managed to remove the embedded feature that stops your comments. I hope it has succeeded!
Hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving and may be in touch soon.
Jo x

Rita said...

I wish I knew more about computers so I could give you a perfect solution...but, alas and alack, I am only semi-computer literate. I hope you can get it figured out. I feel so badly for you.

But--even with company and computer issues--you are gessoing away. ;) I'll be waiting to see what you create.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

This is a really puzzling problem! I know it does no real good to tell you that I visited the creative link you referenced with both Firefox and IE and could see the blog & links.

Anonymous said...

I am extremely impressed with your writing abilities and also with the layout in your
blog. Is that this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself?
Either way stay up the excellent quality writing, it is rare to peer a nice blog like this one nowadays.
.
Here is my page ... weight loss centers