Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A zipper in my Hands AB

This is a zipper spread in my Hands AB. I had never put a zipper in a book before, so this was a real challenge. Closed, the page is made up of magazine images and various scrapbook pages. Click on the image for a better view.

Here I have the zipper open and you can see the page hidden behind the zipper. I used handmade paper to hide the zipper elements and wallpaper to fill in around the inside image.

Here I'm trying to hold both sides open and take a photo at the same time. It would have been easy if I'd only had one more hand.

5 thoughtful remarks:

lyle said...

fascinating! how did you secure the zipper to the "page" ? is the page paper or fabric? if I ask any more you may as well come to my house and do it for me!!! thanks lyle www.almostheavengifts.wordpress.com

jgr said...

Oh, this is just cool! Very original. I love it.

--Jane

Mary S. Hunt said...

clever clever clever
and the fingers moving the zipper...kool!

Anonymous said...

You did a fantastic job on this. I would love to know the process.

Rachel

Linda Manning Findley said...

Way cool "E" ...... love thinking outside the box .... Linda F