Sunday, September 7, 2008

Background techniques 4 X 4 booklet from swap

I bound my background technique book today, after making five new techniques to add to the book. I wanted it to be truly "fat." The covers are decorated using various backgrounds, including the inside of a security envelope (upper right) and a piece from a magazine (lower left). The rest are pieces I made.
Here is the book lying flat on my guillotine cutter. The 1" rings are just the right size. I removed them from the August swap book (see next post) and put 1 1/2" rings in it. Now they both lay nicely.
This shows the inside front. And, yes, that's my ironed plastic bag on the right, although I must confess, the ones I swapped were flatter and cut better.
This is the inside back cover. I really love these pages. I don't know how I got them so blended, but I sure like how flat they feel when I run my hand over them.
Here is a picture of the various swap items, plus the ones I made.
This is possibly a better photo. You can see I used one of my wax paper resist (left pink showing) pages, wrote up the technique, and added it to the book.
And here is the book from the top. I haven't decided if I will write or stamp or use stickers on the outside, but at some point I will add "Background Techniques" and ribbons to the rings. My August swaps are now "dealt with." Guess I should work on finishing some of my older swaps, now :>)

1 thoughtful remarks:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. How wonderfully organized and fast you were dealing with these backgrounds.