Friday, May 9, 2008

We're having an Imperfection tip-in swap on ABC. The idea is to make something that isn't perfect, such as this prototype flower.
I began by cutting some of my failed circles from the Anniversary swap with my deckle scissors. I then cut petals from scraps I had lying around. I painted the circles with gesso, then used a backgound technique I learned from Linda Findley in which you use a direct to paper method of swiping dye or pigment ink over the dried gesso. I used beige, bright yellow, and red pigment inks to color the circle. The petals are made of various materials, including a magazine image, also cut imperfectly. I then outlined the flower with a black Zig pen. Even these lines are imperfect.

2 thoughtful remarks:

Linda Manning Findley said...

"E" I love it and I think it's prefect .... Linda F

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth,

When you described the swap, I wasn't sure what you meant. Now you have made it much more concrete.

Mary L