Monday, June 24, 2024

True Love

 

This will be my final time joining Try it on Tuesday, where their theme this fortnight is using Book Pages.  Unfortunately, time has nearly run out on this theme.  As I'm sure you can tell, this theme has really made me happy.  Speaking of being happy, I'm also sharing this with What Makes You Happy, which is Matilde's theme, our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  You can find Matilde at 100% Handmade/Craftowanie.

Anytime I see a cat, I am happy.  Detail shots are below.
 

 
I began by adhering book pages and sheet music using a dry adhesive.  I cut the pages to size, rotated several of the pages, and placed them on a page in my Cats altered book.  Then I adhered the cat I found in my stash.  I used some very old stickers for the sentiment. 
 
Thank you ever so much for joining Bleubeard and me today.  We appreciate your support and hope to see you at Art Journal Journey and Try it on Tuesday.
 

19 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Awwww.

Tom said...

...it comes along once in a while.

Jeanie said...

Well, you might imagine that I love this page and I do! Indeed, cats are always true love for people lie us (especially our own!)

Jenn Jilks said...

Things take their course, I guess.
I need to do me some art. Thanks for the inspiration.

Meggymay said...

I absolutely love this page, thank you for another fantastic addition to our TioT's theme.
Yvonne

Valerie-Jael said...

Cats are indeed lovely creatures, and this one looks great on the book pages! The cat from downstairs comes and visits me everyday! Hugs!

My name is Erika. said...

The black and white cat looks magnificent on the black and white paper. I like the combination of paper you chose. Thanks for joining us at TIOT my friend. And this also works for AJJ. "see" you later tonight for T. hugs-Erika

Divers and Sundry said...

Stately cat, though "true love" isn't where I am with animals ..

Elephant's Child said...

How I love cats...

Rita said...

Cats most definitely make me happy, too. :)

Katerinas Blog said...

Your creation is very beautiful!!
Cats sure make us happy!!

Joan said...

I love your cat page and cats always make me happy ( I have two )

Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday Challenge

Joan

Mrs.B said...

A great page Elizabeth, that cat certainly looks happy sitting on his book page background.
Thanks for sharing at Try it on Tuesday. Avril x

Mia said...

What a beautiful page, Elizabeth! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Try it on Tuesday with this lovely creation. Hugs, Mia
Designer for Try it on Tuesday
craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

craftytrog said...

A beautiful kitty page Elizabeth! I love cats too, and all creatures in fact. Even the huge stag beetle I spotted last week 😁
Hope you're having a good week,
Alison x

CJ Kennedy said...

Adorable kitten and I like the music page background

Neet said...

Whats a beautiful cat. Sat there so regal looking against that background.
An obvious truth for you that makes you so happy.
Hugs, Neet xxx

WendyK said...

Fabulous picture of the cat that makes you happy. I’m a cat lover too. Great page.

Matilde said...

The background with these scraps looks great!