Saturday, April 20, 2024

One final coffee background

 

I am once again unable to leave comments to anyone with embedded comments.  I get "failed to publish," and, even though I keep trying, I get the same message every time and have for two days.

Today I have a final coffee background for you to try.  You can always substitute with tea, although expect paler results.

Supplies from left to right:

Cardstock cut to 6 X 9 inches (15.24 X 22.86 centimeters)
 
Coffee (Dark Sumatra)

Recycled tissue paper torn larger than the cardstock

Brush 

Needed to spread white PVA glue, which I failed to include in the supply list.
 
Liberally spread the PVA glue all over the cardstock.  You may have to move it around to make sure you have gotten it everywhere.  You can see I missed a couple of places when I took the photo.
 
I crumpled the tissue paper, but probably should not have.  It made it harder to place on the cardstock.  Do as I say and not how I did!!

Smoosh the tissue until you have covered the cardstock with a sufficient amount of hills and valleys.

Allow to dry overnight.  This is a detail shot of the smooshed tissue on cardstock.  It is still quite wet.

Once completely dry, remove the excess tissue paper.  I used scissors, but you could also use your paper cutter.

Dip your brush in the coffee (or tea).  Be sure the brush is thoroughly saturated.

See how the coffee falls in the valleys and hits the hills of this lovely piece.  Be sure to wash your brush immediately.  Note how good your craft room or studio smells.

Late tonight, I sped the drying process by using my heat tool, or this would never have been dry before it was time to publish.

This is Day 20 of 22 and I recycled a sheet of used tissue paper to add to my coffee backgrounds.  
 
Thanks to all who have followed along this month.  I am sincerely grateful. 

 

12 thoughtful remarks:

kathyinozarks said...

thanks for your sharing-loving this technique too

Elephant's Child said...

It looks great - and would retain the coffee scent too.

Iris Flavia said...

Very cool. We have thin plastic bags for fruit/veggies that might do the job? But... if I try... I would not go as you say but as you did - it looks great! Dunno about the glue, either. We should be one world but things here are different from time to time (or I need to look at the go-to-school-section)...

Jeanie said...

I love the texture of this one!

Tom said...

...you made wrinkles look good.

Christine said...

I love this one

My name is Erika. said...

I wonder how it would be if you first used the coffee to stain and then added the tissue and then stained again. I bet you could get some really dark paper. This one does look fantastic though.

Rita said...

Like this! :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Your 'failed to publish posts' always get published on my blog! Hugs!

DVArtist said...

Ohhhh I love seeing how you create. This is an excellent tutorial. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Nancy said...

So much texture! I love the look. Thank you for sharing it.

Lowcarb team member said...

Love the texture, this looks so good.

All the best Jan