Monday, September 11, 2023

T Stands For No High Tea Photos

 

This is my sad tale of why I have no High Tea photos.  I stopped by the Spice Merchant to see if I could get a tea cup and saucer.  All I saw were mugs.  Not sure why I didn't put two and two together and look in the tea side of the Spice Merchant, not the coffee mug side.  I guess I was in a hurry and not thinking too clearly.  

Needless to say, many of you have seen these shelves before and how close everything is.  I had just pulled my camera out and was in the process of taking a photo (not the one below) when some young hellion ran in front of me under my camera between the shelves.  He knocked the camera from my hand and it hit the metal shelving really hard.

 This photo was taken on another trip to The Spice Merchant.

When I tried to take a photo just to make sure the camera was OK,

this is what I got.  I tried a few more photos and they were all similar to this.  I was livid and tried to talk to the mother of the hellion, but she was even worse.  She told me if I didn't want my camera messed up, I shouldn't be taking photos in such close places.  I was sick.  In fact, I nearly vomited before I got to the High Tea.  Now I must try to get my camera fixed.  I have a call in to see if I can get it fixed here in Wichita.  If not, I may have to send it in or buy a new one.  After all, my camera is an extension of my right arm.

Fortunately, I have a ton of T Tuesday posts I can offer.  

This is from one time my friend Sally and I went to Riverside Cafe.

Certainly not the best photos in the world, but not black, at least.



These owners have a thing for Roosters.




A really clever way to serve creamer.


Downtown Wichita, 1959.


Honoring the Air Capitol of the World.


More planes, more roosters.


A photo of graduates from Wichita High School, but there is no date I could see.

Then it was time to decide what I wanted to eat.

Sally said she was going for a three egg omelette.

Sally got her omelette with bacon and hash browns

and I got a chicken fried chicken (gravy on the side) with perfectly cooked eggs and fried potatoes.  It's a really good thing I got photos of those mugs, because you can barely see Sally's water on the top left above.

It's now time to share your own drink related post.  It can be gifts you received, photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, mail art, junk mail, catalogs, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, handmade cards, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, a favorite mug, cup and saucer, teapot, coffee pot, or even a wine glass. Regardless, please join us by linking below.  Bleubeard and I will gladly visit, as will other T participants.  Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Bleubeard would like to remind you that old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday and not just this year.  Please remember to visit your fellow T participants.



UPDATE: Several of you suggested I use a strap around my neck.  My camera WAS strapped around my neck.  I guess in my confusion while telling the tale, I forgot to mention that I nearly got pulled into the steel shelving along with my camera.   Yes, the hellion hit the camera that hard!
 
Thanks for all your kind comments, too.
 
 

26 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Sorry about your camera. I always have The strap around my neck to secure it, and my smaller camera has a sort of bracelet. Hope you can have it repaired! Happy T Day!

Lowcarb team member said...

So sorry about your camera, I do hope you can get it repaired.
Happy T Day!

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...I have had camera problems, but not like yours. The price of breakfast has gone up a lot!

Mae Travels said...

So sorry to hear about your camera! We had one model of camera that was always breaking when it was even lightly jarred, but fortunately our more recent ones are somewhat more robust. I hope you will be able to get it repaired.

best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Ann Bennett said...

Me blog is ailing. So I will link when it is doing much better.

I'm glad you had a nice breakfast. One thing I can say about the hellion is that his mother will get a taste of his brattiness to the point you would pity her one day. I taught sixth graders whose parents thought they were delicate fine china. Some of those same children made it to an evening school I later worked at. The same parents had been so abused by those children I never heard a peep from them.

I hope you get your camera repaired or replaced by a better one.

Kate Yetter said...

I am SO sorry that you experienced this, Elizabeth. But I can't say I am surprised. People don't want to take responsibility for their actions. Hopefully, it will be a quick and cheap fix.
The breakfast sounds and looks delicious! Glad that that was an enjoyable time with Sally.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

My name is Erika. said...

That is really sad about your camera. And I think even sadder that the mother would take no responsibility for her child. Would she do the same thing if the child knocked over store inventory. I'm sorry to read about that incident. But I will say your breakfast looks very yummy. I had to smile because we made chicken and waffles for dinner tonight at my house. No eggs or home fries though.So at least I didn't get too hungry looking at your delicious breakfast. Riverside Cafe looks like a great place for breakfast, and they have a good menu, don't they? I hope you had fun at the high Tea and that you weren't too upset to not enjoy it. Have a lovely T day my friend. hugs-Erika

DVArtist said...

Ohhh sorry about the camera. Glad you had a nice breakfast though. Not feeling well, lots of hip pain.

Cloudia said...

So sorry to hear about your camera. I always always have my wrist drop engaged before I start taking pictures which is not to say you did anything wrong. You were clearly in the right and the mother should have been receptive. I just want to say that we never know the situation of another person. It could be that she was under her pressures from her mate or life and immediately got very defensive. You experienced a wrong, but you did not commit one by getting ugly. You are the winner. I hope it's a cheap fix. Bless you friend, Aloha

Cloudia said...

Feel better!

Iris Flavia said...

Woah, Elizabeth. That sounds like my Mattheo-story. I SO understand your frustration.
I hope they can fix your camera in your town and for a little price, too.
Once on the Christmas market I wore my late Mom´s coat. A beige, expensive, beautiful one she got in the 1960´s as pressie (she was not rich).
A drunk woman nearly spilled red mulled wine over me.
It was "my fault", I should not wear this on a Christmas market. Luckily I was sober and quick enough but I was like really mad at that stupid woman!
Mhm. "My fault". And why do you take pics in such a.... Some people are more than dumb.

Ingo would love your town, he´s all into planes.
What´s a bone-in country ham??? What´s Hashbrowns??? I´d be so lost!
I once was in Southern Germany and nearly ordered "Kutteln" cause it sounded so nice. Luckily I asked what it was. That is ... offal. Ewww! Gravy?? Eggs, please!!!

I think I would stay hungry, LOL.

Elephant's Child said...

I am so very sorry to read this, and like everyone else hope you can get your camera repaired (and that karma visits that rude woman and her family).

Rita said...

So sorry about your camera!! And so sorry there are such rude people in this world raising rude children. :(

Empire of the Cat said...

So sorry to hear about your camera, and those horrible people taking no responsibility. I hope it's a quick and easy fix though if you can't view the menu screens and the photo is black then it might be the LCD/CCD sensor or the motherboard. But make sure nothing is loose first, check the buttons/settings are in the right places and that the memory card isn't loose also. And definitely get a strap to use when you are out and about, annoying sometimes but could save your camera. Happy T Day! Elle xx

CJ Kennedy said...

So sorry about your camera, and that it will be an easy fix. The cafe looks like a nice place for breakfast. I like the sun poster and Sally's sunny smile, too. My T post has a rooster in it, too! Happy T Day

Jeanie said...

Very big bummer on the camera, Elizabeth. Were you able to talk to the hellion's mother? Please try to find a camera repair shop before you ditch the camera. I feel awful when I'm without a camera.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

bleu and squiggles…pleez ta tell elizabeth that de T werd for
two day iz trout….sorree bout de camera eppa sode N hope
full lee de dood at de fix it shop can werk sum magic 🍀💙🐟

Helen said...

o what a bummer, and such a thug, his mum sounds awful too. hope you can get it fixed, I know what it's like to be without your camera. take care

Rostrose said...

Oh no, dear Elzabeth, I'm so sorry you had such problems. The mother of the little helion has an unspeakable cheek. SHE failed to teach her child manners, not YOU took pictures "in the wrong place"! (Approximately how old was the child? In any case, at no age should it be able to run so wildly through the aisles of such a narrow store and harass or even injure other customers or destroy their property. And the accompanying adult has to take care of that - That's what it looks like - certainly in every country in the world.) I'll keep my fingers crossed that you at least get your camera repaired or a cheap and good new one. The photos from your meeting with Sallie look cheerful - hopefully you'll have such a nice meeting again soon!
Thank you for the kind lines you wrote to me about my style class post!
All the best, Traude
🌺🪶🍂 🪶🌺

jinxxxygirl said...

LIVID is the correct word. I would have been so upset too.. I think i would have been even more angry with the Mother than the child...To not show responsibility in front of my child... not to apologize or have the child apologize too.. Geez.. Ok..you got me started...lol Lovely meal out with Sally. We usually eat at IHOP.. I know not very imaginative..lol YOur restaurant looks nice.. Love the rooster decor.. We always get pretty much the same thing... eggs , bacon or sausage and 2 pancakes..and someone serves me coffee! Yeah baby! lol I'll be you could take that chicken fry home for another meal!! Every thing looks delicious Elizabeth. Now you made me hungry! Happy T day! Hugs! deb

kathyinozarks said...

I am so sorry for what happen to you with the camera incident-sadly this is the state of our country right now-not caring, not doing the right thing very sad. hugs

Birgit said...

Oh I would want to charge her for her brat of a son! She is a horrible mother and I would have created the biggest stink and, k owing me, scare the hell out of that brat by telling he's going g to jail. This makes me livid!! I'm glad you took it in better stride than me. Tour lunch is huge and looks really good. . I hope you get a nice camera and send her the bill....she'd never pay it but I would want to do that.

Sandra Cox said...

Oh, Elizabeth, I am so sorry. Some people are unbelievably rude. That was inexcusable.
Hugs

Divers and Sundry said...

What a pain! I might've tried to talk with the store manager about what insurance they have for damage suffered by customers. There's no excuse for them allowing such reckless behavior by customers on their property. The kid could easily have knocked something off a shelf, and then I guarantee the parent would have to pay for the damage.

Sorry I missed tea :(

Violetta said...

Oh sorry bout your camera....but the omelettes look delicious. All the best, Violetta from our holidays in Corse

nwilliams6 said...

So sorry about your camera. Some people have no class and are super rude. It is maddening - especially when it costs you time and money (and heartache).

Love the pictures of your time out with your friend. YUM!!! Now I wish I had eatten an omlet instead of oatmeal and blueberries. There is always lunch!

Happy T-day and hoping you get things fixed locally and reasonably. Hugz