Monday, February 6, 2023

T Stands For Results of First Poll

 

I was delighted to see so many of you wanted

to exchange ATCs when I read the results of the poll I created last week. 
 

For those of you who were not here last week, these were the choices:

For our anniversary, I would like to

A. exchange ATCs, but only within my country

B. exchange ATCs anywhere in the world

C. exchange an ATC and/OR a recipe

D. exchange an ATC and/OR a postcard

F. exchange something not previously mentioned (Erika suggested bags of tea)

E. I don't want to participate in the Year 10 exchange

 On my dining room table is part of the results of the first poll.

I realize some of you are NOT paper artists and you may have never made an ATC in your life.  However, I am suggesting you can still join the swap, if there is enough interest.  You would swap with others who do not want to make an ATC.  Here is what I propose.  Once again, please link, then share your choice.  IF you have already said you would make an ATC last week, you do not have to respond again. 

A. I will exchange a postcard from my city, state, country, or one I picked up on my travels

B. I will exchange two bags of tea 

C. I will exchange either a postcard OR two bags of tea with anyone also exchanging tea or a postcard

D. I can't afford the postage 

E. It takes too much of my time

How hard can it be to either pick up a postcard, or send two packets of tea to another T Tuesday participant?  After all, if you are here for T Tuesday, at some point, I am sure you have picked up a few tea packets.  Also, tea is easy to find in the supermarket.  Even the small, out-of-the-way store and quick shops sell tea in bags!  Even if you are busy, sending one of these shows how much you care about T Tuesday and your other T Tuesday participants.
 
Here are examples of tea I have received.  Camomile is on the left, and Hibiscus is on the right.
 
When I travel, I write a postcard a day and send it to myself.  That way I have both photos and a written record of my favorite memories from that day.  These are some of my postcards I have sent myself over the years.

This is the type of postcard I will be sending along with my ATC.

Although you probably already know the drill, please share a drink related post.  It can be gifts you received, photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, mail art, junk mail, catalogs, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, handmade cards, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, a favorite mug, cup and saucer, teapot, coffee pot, or even a wine glass. Regardless, please join us by linking below.  Bleubeard and I will gladly visit, as will other T participants.  Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Bleubeard would like to remind you that old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday and not just this year, as this post proves.  Please remember to visit your fellow T participants.



20 thoughtful remarks:

jinxxxygirl said...

Wow i did miss something last week.. If its not too late to vote i pick an ATC only in my country.. Postage is just too expensive otherwise.. I think we all stick other things in the pkg like tea bags or crafty goodies... I hope more people will take your choices and celebrate by participating . Its so much more fun... I'd never made an ATC until i made one for your swap.. Its such a tiny thing.. Happy T day !Hugs! deb

kathyinozarks said...

I am choosing C tea bags or postcard-I may just send both depending where to I love the idea of tea bags too

Amila said...

This is great with new different options. I will choose 'C' and I'd like to join anyone who participates.
Thanks for such an exciting arrangement.
Have a great T Day!

My name is Erika. said...

So many great ideas for the T party in July. I love seeing your postcards, and I have done the same thing,sending myself a postcard when I traveled. And I like how you share tea bags for T this week. It would be great if everyone joined in, wouldn't it? Happy T day. hugs-Erika

Christine said...

Have fun everyone!

Cloudia said...

Hope everyone has a very great time!

Romance Book Haven said...

Sounds like a great T party!

Iris Flavia said...

I sent some tea and a treat and my. What I sent was worth say €5. Postage was €20.
I thought the postman is joking. He was not.
I would send a card of my city, though.

Elephant's Child said...

I am not going to participate but really look forward to seeing people's creations.

Nancy Chan said...

Wonderful exchange of tea bags and postcards. Hope everyone enjoys the party.

Let's Art Journal said...

Happy T Day! Sorry I don't have much time at the moment, I was scheduled to join you today but life things just got in the way. Hope you get a good response on the swap, sorry I don't have time to read, consider and comment for you. Wishing everyone has a very Happy T Day! 😊 Hugs Jo x

Mia said...

Hope that more people will join your lovely swap, Elizabeth.
I really love your postcards. Great idea to send postcards to yourself. Never did it, but it is true that I have a big collection of postcards from my travels. I collect them for more that 20 years. Kisses!

CJ Kennedy said...

I like the idea of teabags and/or postcards. Happy T Day

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm in for an ATC like I said last week, but I'm also up for tea bags and city postcards. Fun!

Happy T Tuesday

Empire of the Cat said...

Wow so many choices, it makes it harder for me to decide. How does it work? Is it like last year's napkin swap where everything was sent to you and you sent things on to each person or it is direct swaps with multiple people this time? Is it swapping like for like so the ATC people swap with the ATC people or is it an ATC person might swap with a postcard person? Look forward to more details. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

Kate Yetter said...

You have lovely ideas for the swap. I am sure everyone will enjoy it!
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

pearshapedcrafting said...

You know that I don't drink tea but I do have lots of postcards and I will be making ATCs....and I might just steal one of hubby's t bags too! Hugs, Chrisx

Barbara said...

I made ATCs years ago but not since. It was fun then. Now commenting gives me the chance to tell you that my Circular Tea Bags came from Trader Joe’s Irish Breakfast black tea bags. Hope you have that near you!

Lisca said...

Lots of ideas for the anniversary T-party. I think I responded last week and I will make an ATC and I will send a postcard with it to anywhere in the world.
I have decided I will get my craft stuff out again and start 'doing' something. So that will be fun.
Happy belated T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Rostrose said...

Dear Elizabeth,
I like the green glass cup. It is something very special.
Today I'm participating in your linkup with Costa Rican beer. Thank you very much for hosting ❤️.
Regarding your ATC (I don't even know what that is the abbreviation for ;-DD) I didn't answer you recently because I assumed it didn't concern me. I live far, far away and I'm not a paper artist. I did participate in a clothing swap at a blogger meetup once, but I don't usually like postal swaps. So I hope it's not a problem that I opt out here. So my answer to your first poll is E :-)
ALL THE BEST from Austria, happy (belated) T-Day!
Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/02/costa-rica-5-kapitel-la-paz-waterfall.html