Friday, November 25, 2022

Tea V. Coffee

 

I am sorry, but I have no Boxing Day post this year.  

You probably know by now that Bleubeard and I are hosting Art Journal Journey this month and our themes are Collage Fodder, Food and Drink, or both.  Today, however there is no food, but he is offering you a choice of two drinks.  This is all about Bleubeard's idea of collage fodder from items left from other projects this month.  He chose this title because it sounds like two opponents going at each other in court.

Bleubeard found all the collage fodder for this journal entry and offers you a choice of hot tea or iced coffee.

Here are a few detail shots:

When I tried to rotate this 90 degrees, my program shut down.  I tried later

and was able to successfully rotate it.



That meant I couldn't rotate these gorgeous stamps sent to me by Sami either.  But I persisted.

Now you don't have to stand on your head to see these gorgeous Australian stamps.


Bleubeard truly wants you to believe and he swears most everything fodder wise was left over from other projects, many of them this month.
 
Bleubeard and I are overjoyed you visited today and hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own take on Collage Fodder, Food and Drink, or both. 
 
   We are also joining AEDM
 
Because I was sick, I forgot
 
  Treasure Trovember.
 
I put this off until late tonight, so this is a lousy photo taken from my computer screen.

We begin with Day 15 when we were asked to add something purple.

It's getting so full, and my colors sort of blend together, so I will walk you through this.

I chose a bird for Day 16 (something that flies).   I added gesso on Day 19.  I covered the moon on the tissue paper.  On Day 20, I applied black dye ink to the bottom of a spice jar and stamped it four times.  It was so faint, I went over the circles with a plastic fork dipped in red paint. This proves I am incapable of stamping anything with precision!

Like Kelly, I couldn't get the spray mist to spray, so like her, I dripped my mist on the page.  When I dripped it, the page was rotated 180 degrees and the excess ink went on the table.  Only one small drip made it when I turned the page around.

You can barely see the tiny acorn I added for Day 22.  I thought a dotted line was more dotted than the one I made, but that is what Kelly's looked like, so I did the same.  Mine was more controlled, though.

For Day 15 we were to add something purple.  I colored a circle punch-out purple, but it was faint.  I kept going over it until it actually looked black to me.  That's when I decided to write the word "Purple."

We were to add something round on Day 17.  I was surprised how the circle, cut from a dictionary page, blended so well with the background.

We were to add cross hatching on Day 18.  Kelly put hers on top of each other, but I chose to show each one individually.

For Day 22, I added the tiny acorn you see at the top of the page.

I will share this one more time in case I missed anything.

I want to thank everyone who visits.  I am so grateful that you stop by.  In this time of Thanksgiving, I am even more appreciative of each person who visits, especially those of you who drop by daily.


13 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Those are lovely stamps. I am sad to say that here in Australia I haven't seen either of them in use.
I hope your Thanksgiving was lovely - and that you are feeling much better.

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning Elizabeth, I love your art today-and I am thankful for you-I learn allot from you and you inspire me to try new things hugs

Iris Flavia said...

Oh! Cinnamon-apple! I´m in!!!!
And wonderful stamps, too.
Hmmm, iced coffee, my stomach and I like, too. Sadly not "real one! anymore.
Quite a challenge you have there!

Mae Travels said...

That is really a bossy set of instructions you are following! In a way, I just don’t see what the goal would be. Sort of like the game “Exquisite Corpse” where people blindly add this and that. But I’m impressed that you persist loyally in doing it. Your work that you do in a self-directed way is more interesting.

best…. mae at maefood.blogspot.com

My name is Erika. said...

Fun collages today Elizabeth. I think your themes this month have been great. I love seen lots of collage ideas from people, including you, to add to my repertoire. I actually like the hand drown in x's and o's a lot too. Enjoy your FRiday. hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

Fun collages and keeping up with the challenge

Divers and Sundry said...

I enjoy seeing your collages. There's a nice variety :)

I like both tea and coffee. I have coffee in the morning and tea (if I have it) in the afternoon.

jinxxxygirl said...

Well this is progressing nicely! I love to see your step by step.. I like to see how different minds work when receiving the same instructions. I have a painting show i watch on YouTube that they all have to paint the same person . its fascinating to see how different they all are.. Please tell Bleubeard he did a fantastic job on the collage fodder! :) Hugs! deb

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Elizabeth. I love using stamps in my artwork and don't get round to it often enough. I am loving the Fodder designs, collage is so much fun and it's something else IO don't do too often thoughj I have been busy this week with some resin projects and we can't do everytrhing can we. I'm off to the craft club tomorrow so been getting stuff ready for that too. You are so lucky to have such a talented kitty to help you too. Hope the Thanksgiving went well and wishing you a very happy weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

Rita said...

I never thought of collage by a list like that. Looks like fun. :)

Christine said...

beautiful

Sharon Madson said...

Bleubeard picks a great variety of fodder. Great project. I also like the one you added items to daily. That sounds like a fun challenge. Thanks for sharing your projects today. I am also thankful for you, dear Elizabeth!

NatureFootstep said...

lol, that´s a lot :)
I think I would love to try that cinnamon tea. :)