Monday, September 26, 2022

T Stands For Another Pumpkin Roll

 

 I'm in my dining room celebrating a harvest inspired post. 

And because Ukraine is still not free from Putin's war, I'm still using the sunflower mat.  On Sunday, I went to a harvest party with my "No Names, No Photos Allowed" group.  In case you are new here, these are mostly high power women who don't want their names or faces all over the internet.  I can appreciate that.

Our host asked me to make my pumpkin roll.  I've made it before for this group and it goes over well.  This year there were eight of us, so I only had to make one.  The filling was butter cream with cinnamon and pumpkin spice.  I chilled it and covered it with plastic wrap, which, when I removed the plastic to take the photo, took most of the powdered sugar topping with it.  Glad I did this before I took it to the party.  I'm also drinking lime infused water in my autumn leaf mug.  
 
After seeing the pumpkin roll on the plate, I decided to use an autumn inspired paper plate for the party.  The evening was a great success.  We started at 3 p.m. and finally left around 11:30 p.m.  And the buffet was perfect and delicious, too.

EDIT: Mae suggested they should have allowed photos of the food.  I take my camera if we are going to a restaurant or plan various things, like looking at Christmas decorations.  However, when I go to an individual's house, like our host, my camera stays at home.

Now it's time to share your own drink related post, please.  It can be gifts you received, photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, mail art, junk mail, catalogs, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, handmade cards, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, a favorite mug, cup and saucer, teapot, coffee pot, or even a wine glass. Regardless, please join us by linking below.  Bleubeard and I will gladly visit, as will other T participants.  Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Bleubeard would like to remind you that old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday and not just this year.  Please remember to visit your fellow T participants.  





Please don't forget to start digging for your Second on the 2nd.  The only requirement is, it must have been published some time in the past.
 

 

24 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Sounds like you had a good time with your group, and good food, too.Your pumpkin roll looks perfect! Today the stores were filled with Christmas cookies, hard to go by but I made it. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Mae Travels said...

What a great get-together! At least they should have allowed photos of the food.

Thanks for hosting T for Tuesday.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

My name is Erika. said...

Your pumpkin roll looks amazing. I was just thinking it is about time for something pumpkin. And it sounds like you had a wonderful time with your no names/no photos group. I don't like to really share friend photos because you just never know who will see it and what it could do for those people. But I do sometimes share if it's someone who doesn't mind me sharing. I said all of that because I get where your friends are coming from. Anyhow, your pumpkin roll is yummy, and if you want to post the recipe, that wouldn't be a bad thing-smile. Happy T day. hugs-Erika

Carola Bartz said...

The pumpkin roll looks delicious, oh my! I wouldn't mind one right now! I second Erika about posting the recipe. Your autumn mug is beautiful, I love the colorful leaves on it. Happy T day, my friend!

Elephant's Child said...

That looks like a delightful (beautiful AND delicious) time with your friends.

Sharon Madson said...

I am glad you are still using your sunflower mats, because I love seeing them. I love pumpkin rolls but have never made one. Yours looks so good and I bet your lady friends love it. I wonder what other foods you had for the evening. What a party, from 3 till 11! Happy T Day, Elizabeth!

jinxxxygirl said...

Well the pumpkin roll looks delish Elizabeth!! I'am playing hooky from golf tomorrow so i WILL be at the T party bright eyed and bushy tailed!! I love a potluck meal where everybody brings something.. been a while since i've been to something like that.. Hugs! deb

DVArtist said...

Oh my gosh!!! This looks sooo good. I'm with some of the others about a recipe. I love seeing your sunflower mats. Have a lovely evening.

Kate Yetter said...

Your pumpkin roll looks delicious with a perfect swirl! I have made a few but the sponge turned out rubbery last time. Any tips? I heard it is an art form. Sounds like a wonderful gathering.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Iris Flavia said...

Despite I´m not much into sweets... this sounds yummy with the cinnamon!
And wow, that was a loooong party, happy times!
Yes. Ukraine. How long will this go on still. They are so brave and Putin is so.... It was good to see Russian men, who never held a gun just ran away.
As Klitschko said, Putin is a madman. And now a desperate one. And the Russian people finally wake up, it seems.

Helen said...

that looks very delicious! glad you had a good time with the group.

Lisca said...

I'm glad you had such a good time at your party. It's great to spend an evening with friends.
Your contribution to the party food looks delicious! Over the years I have seen so many pumpkin inspired yummy things in blogs from America. We have pumpkin here and it doesn't have much flavour. I must find out how to make pumpkin spice as it intrigues me. Your pumpkin roll looks really lovely. Very professionally rolled too.
And of course I love your sunflower place mat. That is always so cheery.
Thank you for reminding me of Second on the 2nd. I'll put it in my diary and hope I don't forget.
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

nwilliams6 said...

Sounds like fun if you stayed there for 7 hours! Wow. How fun to have a group that disallows photos - I have to threaten my family and they still post the worst pictures possible of every event. LOL.

That pumpkin roll looks and sounds fabulous - I am wanting some right now. Do you share the recipe?

Happy T-day, Elizabeth. Hugz

CJ Kennedy said...

The pumpkin roll looks beautiful. I can see why it would be a big hit with any group. Glad you had a good time at the party, too. Happy T Day

kathyinozarks said...

Your pumpkin roll looks delicious-I have never made a cake roll, they always look so fun and good to eat too.
I hardly ever take photos of people and share on the internet-so I agree with your friends, especially if that was their wish not to have photos taken for that purpose.
Sounds like a wonderful time together with good friends and good eats.
Happy new week hugs from the lake

Jackie McGuinness said...

Sorry for not commenting, we are still on the road.

Rostrose said...

Yummie, your pumpkin roll looks wonderful, Elizabeth! I love pumpkin dishes but I've never tried to make a pumpkin roll - I'll look for reiceipes.
All the best and happy T Day,
Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2022/09/strudlhofstiege-gartenpalais.html

Halle said...

You had me at pumpkin! LOVE pumpkin desserts. It's beautiful too.
Happy T day my friend.

Divers and Sundry said...

Some people are almost paranoid about their image appearing online, so I imagine the presence of a camera would be stressful for some. It sounds like people enjoyed themselves at this fun gathering, and that pumpkin roll looks perfect. It's nice to have a dish people like well enough to request :)

Happy T Tuesday!

Giorgio said...

The idea of pumpkin roll is great ... I'll find out its recipe!
I've got your link through Nicole from Oregon.

Regards,

Giorgio

https://giorgiorusso2.blogspot.com/

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, that pumpkin roll looks so yummy! You rolled it so beautifully and I bet it was delicious 😊. I bet you and your friends enjoyed your get together and all the food especially that pumpkin roll - yum! Happy T Day wishes! Hugs Jo x

Jeanie said...

Seeing this reminds me of when I used to make and sell pumpkin rolls every fall -- I usually did about five or six dozen and it took forever. The freezer was filled with them till the sale. I thought they were pretty good but hearing about your buttercream, I know my cream cheese frosting would fall flat indeed! I know everyone must have loved it!

Debra said...

Wow-you made a beauty of a pumpkin roll. Yum.

kwarkito said...

I'd like to taste it