Monday, May 23, 2022

T Stands For bEARTHday With Scott

 

Today I am sharing a post from a place Scott and I went to two weeks ago.

I'm taking you to Pho Cao.  I suggested this place when Scott asked where I wanted to go for my bEARTHday lunch.  I was here once before with Scott and this will be my second time.

I was able to get photos without anyone in the photo.  The area behind the grey screen is where you pay your bill.  Needless to say, I didn't have to pay.

Directly behind my chair was this Wichita, KS flag.  Those of you who drop by for Monday Murals are well aware of the Wichita flag, which I seek out in many murals in my city.  The blue and white center is known as a hogan, which is an American Indian symbol that represents a permanent home, or in this case, Wichita.  This flag was painted on wood planks.  Our skyline is below the flag.  The sign below reads "Help yourself," and refers to the sauces that will add to the flavor of the meal.  You can see them in the previous photo.

Here is the menu.  Scott ordered spring rolls for appetizers.  He chose Pho with steak for his meal and I ordered Chicken pho.  We both got the large bowls.

This is my photo of the other side, but I didn't get the beverages.

Luckily I found this on the internet which shows the Vietnamese coffee I ordered.

The spring rolls arrived, as did my coffee, which was made at the table.  These were the prettiest spring rolls I have ever seen.

It was fascinating watching the coffee being created from the pot that sat at the top of the glass.

Scott finished his spring rolls and I made a mess

inserting mine in the peanut sauce.

Next came the wonderful Pho.

It was then time to add the bean sprouts and fresh basil, seen on the plate behind my coffee, which was still "brewing."


Scott was enjoying his thin pieces of steak.  We both got extra bean sprouts since we like them so much. If I was asked to write a review, I would give it excellent marks for the incredible service and the fabulous food.  My only negative mark would be there wasn't a vegetarian Pho.

Now it's time to share your own drink inspired post this week.  It can be gifts you received, photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, mail art, junk mail, catalogs, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, handmade cards, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, a favorite mug, cup and saucer, teapot, coffee pot, or even a wine glass. Regardless, please join us by linking below.  Bleubeard and I will gladly visit, as will other T participants.  Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Bleubeard would like to remind you that old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday and not just this year.



Don't forget to dig up a post for your Second look on the 2nd.  It's any post you have shared in the past. I didn't want to wait till next week to remind you.  Now you have ample time to look for an old post.

Next week we will talk napkins/ATC swap for our ninth anniversary in July.  
 
UPDATE: The creamy mix that comes out and settles into the bottom of the coffee is very sweet and has cinnamon in it.
 

30 thoughtful remarks:

Mae Travels said...

That food looks fabulous. As you say, the spring rolls are a work of art. I'd love to taste all those dishes. How lovely of Scott to treat you to such a nice birthday lunch.

Last week several commenters on my blog post asked about Impossible Meat so I looked up a lot of details for a post this time -- one photo with a beverage, of course.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Elizabeth, your meals look soooo delicious I would love this restaurant (if they had gluten free) how was your coffee? I have a simple pour over for coffee similiar to this one. Looks like a really nice restaurant. Happy T

Darla said...

Everything looks delicious. I would love being served my coffee in that fashion. Glad you had a chance to celebrate with your friend Scott.

Lisca said...

How wonderful that Scot treated you to a meal. The food really looks delicious. I’ve never had Vietnamese food before. I don’t suppose there are many Vietnamese restaurants in Spain. Now I wish there were.
The coffee looks really good. That coffee is how we used to make it in Holland. And I remember shopping trips to Antwerp where our coffees were served like this. I even remember the brand ( Rombouts).
All that lovely food makes my mouth water. The spring roll is a work of art!
Thanks for sharing your lovely birthday meal with us.
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

Kate Yetter said...

How kind of Scott to treat you for your birthday! Your meal looks delicious. I have never had Vietnese food but as I love Chinese and Japanese I am sure I would love it. The spring rolls are so pretty with that transparent wrapper. Glad you enjoyed your meal.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Christine said...

Looks delicious!

carol l mckenna said...

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday and food looks delish ~ Xo


Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Linda Kunsman said...

another wonderful birthday gift- those spring rolls especially look SOOOO good! The prices are pretty impressive too. They should have a vegetarian pho, but other than that it all looks so very good. Glad you and Scott enjoyed your meals. Happy T day!

My name is Erika. said...

This looks like a fun birthday celebration. I've never been to a Vietnamese restaurant, but I have had Vietnamese spring rolls at a restaurant that had a variety of Asian dishes. Is Pho a spicy soup? It looks delicious. How was the coffee? That is an interesting way they made it. It looks like you had a great time. Have a great T day. Hugs-Erika

DVArtist said...

That was so nice of Scott. It really looks delicious too. I love it when coffee is brewed at the table. You have a great friend in Scott.

Halle said...

Yummy looking food! Happy Birthday to him!
Sorry I haven't been around.
Happy T day!

Iris Flavia said...

Hmmm, lemongrass chicken! Hmmm, no, I could never decide, those WOK specials sound soooo good!
LOL, your Scott is like Ingo - they "take it" that we snap all the pics for blogging! Sweet.
Yay for bearthday lunches!

Elephant's Child said...

Hooray for extending your BearthDay celebrations - and it looks like an amazing place. Sad about the lack of vegie options though.

Nancy Chan said...

Wonderful and delicious lunch for your birthday. I love the see through spring rolls.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful photos of your meal with Scott, and the food looks very yummy. I haven't had spring rolls in ages. And the coffee looks good, thats a fun little percolator. I used t have a similar one back in the days when we rented a camper and went on tour every summer. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

aussie aNNie said...

Food looks pretty good. Bet it was delish too.

nwilliams6 said...

Yum! I would love that place and go often. That coffee is super cool too. Looks like a great Bearthday place. Hugz

Empire of the Cat said...

Wow everything looks really pretty and that coffee looks good too even though I have given it up. Glad you went somewhere nice for your birthday. Happy T Day Elle/EOTC xx

Jenn Jilks said...

That looks yummy!
(ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!

Jackie McGuinness said...

Love pho! I often make it at home to ensure it is gluten free. I haven't had Vietnamese coffee, I will have to rectify that.

jinxxxygirl said...

Well i have never had Vietnamese food Elizabeth but i have to say it does look good.. Nice that you are still sharing your Bearthday celebration! Happy happy T day! Hugs! deb

da tabbies o trout towne said...

waves to you Scott and thanks for taking our friend Elizabeth out for a bearthday lunch :) even tho I'm a veggie tarian, the food looks delish;
I would have added more bean sprouts as well; been known to buy a can and
just eat them straight from !! :) ♥♥

Divers and Sundry said...

Oh, that menu! I'd love to try it. It all looks delicious!

Happy T Tuesday :)

Rita said...

Wonderful food, good company, and you didn't have to rush. Perfect birthday meal!! Looks like a great restaurant! :)

Divers and Sundry said...

And I meant to say I've never seen a coffee maker like that. You picked a fun place to eat :)

Debra said...

My son loves pho. I haven't tried it yet. It looks soooo good.

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a treat! Your food looks great and I love how your coffee was made! Hugs, Chrisx ( having to use my tablet again)

Sandra Cox said...

Looks like a luscious lunch.
Good on Scott for celebrating your bEarthday:)

Sharon Madson said...

Hello Elizabeth. I am sorry I didn’t make the tea party this week. But I am glad I stopped by to see this wonderful bEARTHday dinner you and Scott had. I was surprised you had chicken pho though, Great T Day post! Hugs.

Jeanie said...

That looks delicious and like a wonderful time. I love that you can extend the celebration!